Let it snow, let it snow

nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
and that is exactly what it did Friday night into early Sunday morning here in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. Our tape measure measured 19". It is a beautiful to watch the snow sparkle as the sun bounces off the snow. It looks like little diamonds. It also covered up most of Christmas lights, sigh, but some still shine through.

Poor hubby and brother-in-law spent 6 hours shoveling on Saturday and about 2-3 hours on Sunday to complete the task. Hubby is funny, he doesn't like me to do any hard labor around the house cause, well you guys know, he's afraid it could lead to a reoccurrence. He won't even let me cut the grass cause he doesn't want me smelling the grass. We sometimes get in little tifs about this, cause I am a "tom" boy and do not mind doing my part or helping out.

We finlly got plowed out on Monday and back to work on Tuesday and Wednesday and then off for the Christmas holiday.

It is amazing how something like this can bring neighbors together as well. Helping each other out with shoveling, plowing, snow blowing, etc.,

Comments

• Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
    Snow!!
    Yes, we had lots of snow too. In New Jersey we got 24" where we live. My poor son - was out there shoveling when there was 3 inches on the ground, then again when there was 6 inches on the ground. We have snow piles 10' tall. My husband can't shovel, as he is still on chemo right now and just doesn't have the strength. My son leaves for College the day after Christmas - so guess who gets to shovel. I don't mind though - I grew up in Canada so this is second nature. I don't want my husband shoveling anyway as he has a history of blood clots and is on coumadin for the rest of his life. So, I will do it - who knows, maybe it will help me get back into shape.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and a very very Happy New Year and a Healthy Year.

Sandi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I am sooooooo sorry!!!!!
    It's my fault. I have my 'Let it snow' candle lit for Holland...guess I misjudged the range!!!!!!!

I LOVE snow (as long as I can say "Nah, too cold, not going out today") and am hoping for bunches in Holland!!!!! It's VERY cold there right now, in the mid-20's, so it's skating on the canals if it keeps up!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    We got 16 inches or better
    We got 16 inches or better in Upper Marlboro, MD. My kids, dogs and I had a ball playing in the snow. And I, unfortunately, got the pleasure of shoveling. Not only that, the city snow plow got stuck in my cul de sac right in front of my house and left a whole HEAP of snow in front of my driveway. It was a mess! But I am just happy that I had the strength and energy to shovel. So many people cant even get out of bed with this illness, so I'm not complaining. I made some homemade chicken noodle soup and we had some hot cocoa when we came back in and watched movies for the rest of the night. All in all...life is still good!

-Sheri
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    There's been no snow here
    There's been no snow here yet in Honolulu, but you never can tell for sure. I'm keeping my eyes peeled and my snowplow ready. So far though, it's just the usual sunshine, birds singing, and so on.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    PGLGreg said:

There's been no snow here
    There's been no snow here yet in Honolulu, but you never can tell for sure. I'm keeping my eyes peeled and my snowplow ready. So far though, it's just the usual sunshine, birds singing, and so on.

Now, I ask you is life fair?????
    It's even cold here in Southern California...where it RAINED like stink this am...fresh snow in the mountains!!! Skiing!!!!

Hugs, Kathi