Damm I broke my tooth

Options
Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does chemo have anything to do with you teeth. The side of my tooth just fell off tonight. I guess I will be in dentist chair tomorrow. Damm thing is sharp to.

Comments

• sherria49
    sherria49 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Sorry..................
    I'm sorry Kat that this has happened! I do know that the sisters in pink here were all warning to have all dental work done prior to chemo. So....you may want to consult your onc prior to your visit to the dentist!

Can we even get a break here?? I personally hate the dentist! LOL

Good luck!

Big warm hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Kat
    OUCH! Did you get it taken care of? Chemo,(I think) has something to do with ALL of our body parts in one way or another! Laurissa had to have a tooth pulled right after her Chemo started-my teeth seemed to be alot more sensitive after Chemo. Things happen and I'm sure they just have to be way more cautious about dental work at the risk of infections.
    Cat
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Oh Kat...I'm so sorry...
    Oh Kat...I'm so sorry... like you don't already have enough to deal with... hope it is an easy fix...

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Chemo
    Hi,i have been told that it can make your teeth week.Good Luck.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Chemo
    Hi,i have been told that it can make your teeth week.Good Luck.

Kat11 ... Yes, I had several issues with 3 of my teeth
    due to chemo treatments. In fact, I had a difficult time out here in California locating a dentist that would work on me during chemo. Fillings coming out, I just about lost 1 of my perm. teeth due to chemo.

I spent several days a week having work done on my teeth, without any pain shots. Want to talk about pain. After my third session, I asked for numbing shots only to have 4 given, and only half of my mouth was numb. Nivocane and Chemo do not MIX WELL. I speak from experience.

VickiSam
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Kat11 ... Yes, I had several issues with 3 of my teeth
    due to chemo treatments. In fact, I had a difficult time out here in California locating a dentist that would work on me during chemo. Fillings coming out, I just about lost 1 of my perm. teeth due to chemo.

I spent several days a week having work done on my teeth, without any pain shots. Want to talk about pain. After my third session, I asked for numbing shots only to have 4 given, and only half of my mouth was numb. Nivocane and Chemo do not MIX WELL. I speak from experience.

VickiSam

Chemo can weaken teeth, I
    Chemo can weaken teeth, I was told this today.. I did have dental check up before starting chemo. My tooth just broke yesterday. It did have a filling in it. I am finished with chemo, so I had no problem with them working on me and I had a root canal today. I just am so tired of doctors and now I get to start with the dentists. I start rads the first week of Jan. I hope I have no more problems.