colon cancer/been 5 yrs cancer free

bev04
bev04 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi I am here too encourage everyone and support you.
Been 5yrs for me and 6 months chemo. If anyone needs me
support or help please email me at bev04 here at csn

Comments

• PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    Hi Bev
    Hi Bev. I'm about the same schedule as you. Just had CT scans today. I believe and hope that everythings still stable. It's hard to believe isn't it that it has been this long.
    Glad you are doing well.
    Pam
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    how advanced was it?
    Hi Bev,

That's great that you've "been clean" for 5 years now! That definitely does give us all hope, so thanks for sharing! I'm curious, though, how advanced your cancer was? What stage were you? I'm stage IV and while it's certainly wonderful that you've remained cancer free, I guess I'm hoping to hear that someone who was stage IV was cured and has remained NED. Even if you were not stage IV, that's so great that you've made the 5 year mark!

continued blessings to you-
    Lisa
  • PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    lisa42 said:

how advanced was it?
    Hi Bev,

That's great that you've "been clean" for 5 years now! That definitely does give us all hope, so thanks for sharing! I'm curious, though, how advanced your cancer was? What stage were you? I'm stage IV and while it's certainly wonderful that you've remained cancer free, I guess I'm hoping to hear that someone who was stage IV was cured and has remained NED. Even if you were not stage IV, that's so great that you've made the 5 year mark!

continued blessings to you-
    Lisa

4 and still clear
    Me too. I was stage 4, perforated colon, into overy, and into lymph nodes. Keeping eye on liver spot, no growth or changes there, over 5 years out now. It was a large tumor, had grown large enough to perforate colon and engulf overy and part of uterus, and was in 3 of 14 lymph nodes removed. Have been closely monotoring small lesion on liver that appears to have resolved, as of last test, had CT's done today, don't know results yet, only was able to complete 7 of 12 chemo treatments. I think I have been very lucky (knock on wood, my head probably, ha ha ) But I am considering myself as close to NED as can be!
    Pam
  • bev04
    PamPam2 said:

Hi Bev
    Hi Bev. I'm about the same schedule as you. Just had CT scans today. I believe and hope that everythings still stable. It's hard to believe isn't it that it has been this long.
    Glad you are doing well.
    Pam

cancer free
    Hi yes its hard too believe....Ck my page here (all about me)
    I had colon cancer, spread too 4 nodes, 6 months chemo. stage 3
    Now cancer free wahoooo.
  • Gixxerman
    Gixxerman Member Posts: 4
    PamPam2 said:

4 and still clear
    Me too. I was stage 4, perforated colon, into overy, and into lymph nodes. Keeping eye on liver spot, no growth or changes there, over 5 years out now. It was a large tumor, had grown large enough to perforate colon and engulf overy and part of uterus, and was in 3 of 14 lymph nodes removed. Have been closely monotoring small lesion on liver that appears to have resolved, as of last test, had CT's done today, don't know results yet, only was able to complete 7 of 12 chemo treatments. I think I have been very lucky (knock on wood, my head probably, ha ha ) But I am considering myself as close to NED as can be!
    Pam

Congrats
    Congratulations. I can't wait to get there. But since I just had surgery rwo weeks ago it's going to be a while. I go back to the surgeon tomorrow for my first post-surgical follow up. If the biopsy comes back negative again he says I don't need follow-up chemo. I had chemo/radiation over the summer and rectal resection surgery Dec. 1 for stage 2 rectal cancer. The tumor itself was stage 3, nearly all the way through the rectum. It was found so early it was almost like training cancer so I'm very optimistic.

Here's to hoping for a negative biopsy.

BTW - Does anyone else think the biopsy results are reversed, i.e. if they find cancer, THAT should be negative? Oh, well, just me own silly thoughts.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Awesome!
    That's awesome, Bev!!! Thanks for coming by to encourage those who are just starting their journey.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hugs Bev keep up the good
    Hugs Bev keep up the good work,congratulations,Ron
  • bev04
    tootsie1 said:

Awesome!
    That's awesome, Bev!!! Thanks for coming by to encourage those who are just starting their journey.

*hugs*
    Gail

hello
    Hi thank you so much for my achievment but, it is to show people you too can survive
  • bev04
    ron50 said:

hello
    hi ty and hugs ron50 wow what a fish lol
  • bev04
    ron50 said: