Onc today

dianetavegia
dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I saw the onc today and had my bloodwork done. The CEA won't be back until Thursday or Friday. CBC was perfect.

I have to have a colonoscopy sometime in Jan. at my 1 year post surgery anniversary. I'll have my first CT scan since Feb. '09 in late March or early April and see the onc on April 6th for the results.

I was awake from 2:00 a.m. and haven't been able to eat much for 2 or 3 days because of nerves. ACK!

My chemo buddies have all died, except for one lady who had stopped that round of chemo after 10 txs. She'd been dx'd Stage III almost 10 years ago and had a recurrence at 4 and 9 years.

AGAIN, my onc reminded me to take one full strength aspirin daily and no red meats. He told me twice or three times today, 'You'll be fine!' 'You're going to be fine'.

Comments

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    so glad
    to hear you are fine.i go have all of mine{colonostomy,cat scan}in janurary due to my insurance.trying not to think about it so much as my last cat scan was in march before mop up chemo.have a Merry Christmas and will be talking to you soon......Godbless...johnnybegood
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

so glad
    to hear you are fine.i go have all of mine{colonostomy,cat scan}in janurary due to my insurance.trying not to think about it so much as my last cat scan was in march before mop up chemo.have a Merry Christmas and will be talking to you soon......Godbless...johnnybegood

that's good
    that's good diane....that is good....no news that is not bad news that is good news that is news......lol you can tell how calm I am....lol

seriously that's a good start girl....hang in

mags
  • fringetree
    fringetree Member Posts: 65
    Bittersweet
    Hi Diane,

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your chemo buddies, I know that must be difficult. Still, I am VERY happy that your CBC was good....there is a lot of information there, so it is promising that the report was "perfect." I will keep up the prayers for you and everyone else expecting news this week.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sorry about your friends
    I, too, am very sorry about the friends you lost. I am happy, though, that your news is looking good!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    a good sign
    Hi Diane,

It was a good sign that your CBC was so good! I have very high hopes for your CEA to be normal. I don't remember- had you said before that CEA was a good marker for you?
    I am praying for you as I type this to be calm and to be able to sleep well and be relaxed until you get your results.

Take care,
    Lisa