my sister

girls4444
girls4444 Member Posts: 34
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
my sister had a needle biopsy on a microscopic spot, it came back cancer. What do they do when they are that small, do they remove them? I don't know because I am doing chemo to shrink mine because it was large. She is waiting for her doctor to schedule her with the surgeon.

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Hi girls 4444 ♥
    I am so sorry that your sister got this news. I wish I never had to read of anyone ever having cancer again. With that being said, I don't really know what they will do for your sister in regards to treatment. I would just assume that she would have a lumpectomy to remove it with a sentinal node biopsy, and then possibly radiation treatments. Let us know what her surgeon and oncologist's say. I will put her and you in my prayers.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Sorry
    I am sorry that your sister has cancer. A lumpectomy would be what I would imagine they would do for your sister, but, I don't know. Praying for her.

♥ Noel
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Noel said:

Sorry
    I am sorry that your sister has cancer. A lumpectomy would be what I would imagine they would do for your sister, but, I don't know. Praying for her.

♥ Noel

Sending prayers and strength
    Sending prayers and strength for your sister.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Welcome
    I assume that they will either do a lumpectomy to remove the rest of the tumor or determine that the biopsy removed it all. Her next steps will depend upon the pathology of the tumor. It's good news that it's so small. My best wishes to both of you.

Mimi
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    mimivac said:

Welcome
    I assume that they will either do a lumpectomy to remove the rest of the tumor or determine that the biopsy removed it all. Her next steps will depend upon the pathology of the tumor. It's good news that it's so small. My best wishes to both of you.

Mimi

perhaps they will do a wire
    perhaps they will do a wire localization and remove that tissue and then do radiation. and or chemo depending on the pathology,
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    carkris said:

perhaps they will do a wire
    perhaps they will do a wire localization and remove that tissue and then do radiation. and or chemo depending on the pathology,

Don't have any experience
    Don't have any experience with that but just wanted to wish both you and your sister better times. Hope everything goes well for both of you. Sorry to hear the news.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Sunrae said:

Don't have any experience
    Don't have any experience with that but just wanted to wish both you and your sister better times. Hope everything goes well for both of you. Sorry to hear the news.

They will probably do a
    They will probably do a lumpectomy on her and make sure they have clear margins. I don't know about after that. It will depend on her pathology report after surgery. Sending her prayers and hugs!

Hugs, Diane ♥