Stef............

tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I think you are absolutely the most wonderful human on the planet................................I Luv Ya!

Hugs jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Tasha,
    You not only made me

Tasha,

You not only made me blush, you brought tears to my eyes. Happy ones. It is always nice to hear that you are special or that someone thinks you are wonderful. I feel the same way about you and many of our sisters on this board. They are the ones that are always here, always supportive even when they don't agree, always kind and caring. I try so hard to be upbeat and positive in every aspect of my life. Sometimes I succeed and it makes me a better person, and sometimes I fail miserably but I try to learn from it. Growth is something we should all strive to do throughout our lives. We can learn from others and I have learned much from my family here. I have seen such courage, compassion, and strength. I would love to have the opportunity to meet all of my sisters on this board, but since that won't happen, I visualize what each must be like. Not just the physical because we have seen some pictures of each other but what they must be like while puttering in their kitchens or working in their gardens. I picture you nuturing plants and growing things and happily laughing at the silly things your dog does, getting a little exasperated at her but when she lumbers up all slobber and tail wagging, grabbing her and telling her she is a daft sod of a dog. This board has helped me in my journey and it has allowed me to help others in theirs. I love the humor that brings laughter to us all. It's just a great place and people like you help to make it just that. So right back at you, fellow wonderful human. But then again, am I human or perhaps an alien from another planet, or an android, or even a really smart turquoise guppy. We will never know for sure.
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    fauxma said:

Tasha,
    You not only made me

Tasha,

You not only made me blush, you brought tears to my eyes. Happy ones. It is always nice to hear that you are special or that someone thinks you are wonderful. I feel the same way about you and many of our sisters on this board. They are the ones that are always here, always supportive even when they don't agree, always kind and caring. I try so hard to be upbeat and positive in every aspect of my life. Sometimes I succeed and it makes me a better person, and sometimes I fail miserably but I try to learn from it. Growth is something we should all strive to do throughout our lives. We can learn from others and I have learned much from my family here. I have seen such courage, compassion, and strength. I would love to have the opportunity to meet all of my sisters on this board, but since that won't happen, I visualize what each must be like. Not just the physical because we have seen some pictures of each other but what they must be like while puttering in their kitchens or working in their gardens. I picture you nuturing plants and growing things and happily laughing at the silly things your dog does, getting a little exasperated at her but when she lumbers up all slobber and tail wagging, grabbing her and telling her she is a daft sod of a dog. This board has helped me in my journey and it has allowed me to help others in theirs. I love the humor that brings laughter to us all. It's just a great place and people like you help to make it just that. So right back at you, fellow wonderful human. But then again, am I human or perhaps an alien from another planet, or an android, or even a really smart turquoise guppy. We will never know for sure.
    Stef

Dear Stef...
    I resoundingly agree with our Benevolent and Wise Turquoise Goddess (also known as The Esteemed Leader of The Daft Sods).

Kindest regards,
    Susan
  • fauxma

Dear Stef...
    I resoundingly agree with our Benevolent and Wise Turquoise Goddess (also known as The Esteemed Leader of The Daft Sods).

Kindest regards,
    Susan

Oh Susuan
    It is so nice to

Oh Susuan
    It is so nice to have you back on board. We have missed our secretary of everything Soddish. And thank for the compliment. I think that we have the best people on this board, absolutely the best.
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    fauxma said:

Oh Susuan
    It is so nice to

Oh Susuan
    It is so nice to have you back on board. We have missed our secretary of everything Soddish. And thank for the compliment. I think that we have the best people on this board, absolutely the best.
    Stef

One big...
    ... mutual admiration society.

:-)
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Absolutely
    Count me in the Stef Fan Club, too, Tasha. Stef, I wish I had known you when we were both watching Miss Nancy and hoping she could see us in her magic looking glass.

Romper Room Moopy
    Devoted Fauxma Fan
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Absolutely
    Count me in the Stef Fan Club, too, Tasha. Stef, I wish I had known you when we were both watching Miss Nancy and hoping she could see us in her magic looking glass.

Romper Room Moopy
    Devoted Fauxma Fan

Well Stef.... you know that
    Well Stef.... you know that Liz (my niece) and I have you in our "the best of the best" list... looks like you have your own personal fan club...

Hugs,

~T

but romper room.... really...lol..hahahaha
  • fauxma
    Moopy23 said:

Absolutely

Romper Room Moopy
    Devoted Fauxma Fan

Well, when you were watching
    Well, when you were watching Romper Room I was probably watching it with my daughter who is closer to your age. And the name's changed so much it could have been Miss Julie or Miss Aortus or Miss Moopy but it was always Miss Something. I think Miss Nancy was the first one in 1957. My daughter loved the show and one day the Miss Whoever said
    Romper Bomper, Stomper Boo, Tell me, tell me, tell me do, Magic mirror tell me, say, Did all my friends have fun at play? and then she said I see (insert names) and I see Denise and my daughter was jumping around the room shouting how she really saw her and then she started talking to the TV and couldn't understand why Miss Whoever wasn't answering her. She, unlike genius Sean, was just a normal 4 year old who thought that the lady on TV could really see her. Given a choice between kids, I'll take the innocent believers like Denise any day. I think we all think of Miss Nancy, though, as the Romper Room lady. Were you a Do Bee? I think that the original shows had older children on because I watched this show when I was 9 and it was Miss Nancy. It was then syndicated around the country. I think the kids visited all week long. I bet at the end of his week Sean was wearing on the poor woman. I remember his dad telling us he got him on the show even though he was under the age (5) that they usually allowed. Dad was a lawyer also. Actually Sean turned into a perfectly fine young man, just so precocious.
    I remember Denise got one of those big bubble hoops and used to pretend Romper Room with her stuffed animals.
    Well, Moopy thanks for the walk down memory lane.
    Stef
  • fauxma
    taleena said:

Well Stef.... you know that
    Well Stef.... you know that Liz (my niece) and I have you in our "the best of the best" list... looks like you have your own personal fan club...

Hugs,

~T

but romper room.... really...lol..hahahaha

Thank you T and Moopy and
    Thank you T and Moopy and all the others,
    It makes me so happy to know that I have fans. I love this board and all you guys and we all need to pat ourselves on the back because in the midst of our own battles we take time to help each other. It would be easy to just ignore everyone concerns but our own but we never do. Even with the Big D, radiation burns, chemo side effects, hormone side effects, ports, surgery and all the other stuff we reach out to comfort and care for each other. We are each other's best fans. So let's be peacock's and shake out our plumage and strut our stuff. Peacock blue is close to turquoise, right, Tasha. We have every right to be proud of each other and ourselves. So it's not my fan club, it we're fan club. Hope some of you understand the we're. And T, I remember your niece so well. How is she doing with your journey? I hope that it has become easier for her and that she knows you will be okay.
    Stef
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    fauxma said:

Well, when you were watching
    Well, when you were watching Romper Room I was probably watching it with my daughter who is closer to your age. And the name's changed so much it could have been Miss Julie or Miss Aortus or Miss Moopy but it was always Miss Something. I think Miss Nancy was the first one in 1957. My daughter loved the show and one day the Miss Whoever said
    Romper Bomper, Stomper Boo, Tell me, tell me, tell me do, Magic mirror tell me, say, Did all my friends have fun at play? and then she said I see (insert names) and I see Denise and my daughter was jumping around the room shouting how she really saw her and then she started talking to the TV and couldn't understand why Miss Whoever wasn't answering her. She, unlike genius Sean, was just a normal 4 year old who thought that the lady on TV could really see her. Given a choice between kids, I'll take the innocent believers like Denise any day. I think we all think of Miss Nancy, though, as the Romper Room lady. Were you a Do Bee? I think that the original shows had older children on because I watched this show when I was 9 and it was Miss Nancy. It was then syndicated around the country. I think the kids visited all week long. I bet at the end of his week Sean was wearing on the poor woman. I remember his dad telling us he got him on the show even though he was under the age (5) that they usually allowed. Dad was a lawyer also. Actually Sean turned into a perfectly fine young man, just so precocious.
    I remember Denise got one of those big bubble hoops and used to pretend Romper Room with her stuffed animals.
    Well, Moopy thanks for the walk down memory lane.
    Stef

Dear Stef, Growing up in
    Dear Stef, Growing up in Chicago, I actually got to go and see Miss Romper Room (could it have been Miss Frances, or was that another show?) in a big auditorium when I was ...probably 4 years old. It was so exciting! I remember the "do bees" and the "don't bees." Thank you and Moopy for the happy walk down memory lane.

xoxoxoxo Lynn