Expander pain post rads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dyaneb123
dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well I very complacently told anyone on the boards who asked, " Oh no, there's mo muscle pain from the expander....." and there wasn't, even though I have 700 cc's in mine, until I finished rads....now the muscle hurts soooooooooo bad that it keeps me awake at night because I can't get comfortable...I'm just wondering if the rads. did something to the muscle . It feels like a pulled muscle like you'd have in your back or leg...all the time!
I have some muscle relaxers but they don't help at all. Anybody else experience this? Got any pain relief ideas?I don't go back to the reconstructive guy or the rad. onc. til after Christmas.I need some sleep!
Dee

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Dee
    Sorry. I had pain everywhere. I would go and see both "radiation oncologist and plastic surgeon.
    In order to sleep I took sleeping pills for several months. Ambient was my best friend.
    I wish you get better ,
    New Flower
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Dee
    Sorry. I had pain everywhere. I would go and see both "radiation oncologist and plastic surgeon.
    In order to sleep I took sleeping pills for several months. Ambient was my best friend.
    I wish you get better ,
    New Flower

Sleeping Pills?
    Sorry Dee. I had a lumpectomy, so, I am of no help for information. Just hoping that the pain subsides and you get some sleep.

Debby
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    DebbyM said:

Sleeping Pills?
    Sorry Dee. I had a lumpectomy, so, I am of no help for information. Just hoping that the pain subsides and you get some sleep.

Debby

Thanks guys. Maybe the cold
    Thanks guys. Maybe the cold is affecting it too. Miserable!