talked to someone taking Dr. Cantrell's treatment

2»

Comments

• serrana
    serrana Member Posts: 163 Member
    lisa42 said:

Thanks
    Thanks John, Jeremy, and Cyndi (and everyone else too!) for the encouragement.

John, I agree with what you've said & thanks for the encouragement.
    Cyndi, I'm definitely interested in hearing more about the trail ARRAY-162-111 at the Start Center. I'm going to write that down and also mention it to my onc when talking to him about Dr. Cantrell and other possible clinical trials that he might know about.
    Keep us posted!

Lisa

dr cantrell
    Hi Lisa
    I wonder what Dr Cantrell's background is........have you any info on that?
    Med school, residency, etc?
    Serrana
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    serrana said:

dr cantrell
    Hi Lisa
    I wonder what Dr Cantrell's background is........have you any info on that?
    Med school, residency, etc?
    Serrana

Dr. Cantrell

Stephen Cantrell, MD
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Bumped for John
    Info above. :o)
  • linandtom
    linandtom Member Posts: 67
    Dr Cantrell treatments
    Hello Lisa42 - I just found this info when I did a google search for ARRAY 162-111. My husband has been undergoing treatment for stage IV colon cancer for 18 months on and off. Today our oncologist talked to us about this study drug. I heard about Dr. Cantrell way back when we started learning more about colon cancer and treatments but I have not looked into it much lately. I would love to know more so I'll look it up again online. We live in the Nashville area so travel would not be an issue for us. I hope you made the trip as I see this post says your appointment was Dec 3rd. If you could give me an update I would greatly appreciate it. I just joined this website so I could contact you. We will not start another new treatment until after the first of the year. My husband has been very sick but not due to the chemo or cancer but to a staph infection that almost took him. After 11 days in the hospital, and now a second infection in his colon caused by antibiotics he had to take for the other infection....as you can see he's been very sick so we've been on treatment break and because we had to take a break we have now been kicked off that study and will have to start something new. I look forward to hearing from you and others. We have been involved in many of the American Cancer Society Survivors walk, etc to raise funds but have not been a part of this online chat. Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • linandtom
    linandtom Member Posts: 67
    cyndi2324 said:

Hope all goes well for you
    Hope all goes well for you Lisa. Please keep us posted. I'll be praying for you. I am suppose to start Phase one trial on ARRAY-162-111 Ist of Dec. at the Start Center. If I pass my screening. If this doesn't work I'll probably do what you are doing with Dr. Cantrell. You have to do what you think is right for you.
    lol
    Cyndi

Your ARRAY 162-111 treatments
    Hello Cyndi2324 - just want to see how your treatments are going with this drug? We just received info about this study today from our oncologist. Would love to hear how it is working for you or if you have been on it long enough to know. Look forward to hearing from you.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    linandtom said:

Dr Cantrell treatments
    Hello Lisa42 - I just found this info when I did a google search for ARRAY 162-111. My husband has been undergoing treatment for stage IV colon cancer for 18 months on and off. Today our oncologist talked to us about this study drug. I heard about Dr. Cantrell way back when we started learning more about colon cancer and treatments but I have not looked into it much lately. I would love to know more so I'll look it up again online. We live in the Nashville area so travel would not be an issue for us. I hope you made the trip as I see this post says your appointment was Dec 3rd. If you could give me an update I would greatly appreciate it. I just joined this website so I could contact you. We will not start another new treatment until after the first of the year. My husband has been very sick but not due to the chemo or cancer but to a staph infection that almost took him. After 11 days in the hospital, and now a second infection in his colon caused by antibiotics he had to take for the other infection....as you can see he's been very sick so we've been on treatment break and because we had to take a break we have now been kicked off that study and will have to start something new. I look forward to hearing from you and others. We have been involved in many of the American Cancer Society Survivors walk, etc to raise funds but have not been a part of this online chat. Looking forward to hearing from you.

linandtom re. Dr. Cantrell's treatment
    Hi Linandtom,

I just got your PM before this & answered that before I even saw this post of yours. This post answers some of the questions I asked you in my PM about your situation.
    I'd be happy to talk more specifically with you. Answer my PM and we can exchange more specific info there.
    I did have my appt. w/ Dr. Cantrell. He's a very nice man who spent a lot of time with me. I started on the treatment on the eve of Dec. 4 with taking the Lovastatin pills only at first, to build up to my full dosage, which is different with everyone & dependent upon your weight. I got to that this past Sunday and have now taken two interferon shots. I'm very hopeful about this treatment!
    I'm also curious about the ARRAY 162-111. I've not heard of it before Cyndi mentioned it here. What can you tell about it?

Talk to you more soon-
    Lisa