Results of MRI

kathyDDD
kathyDDD Member Posts: 34
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, I had the MRI last Friday. TWO HOURS AND 20 MINUTES IN THAT MACHINE!!!! If I had any military secrets, I'd have spilled my guts. I went back to my oncologist yesterday to get the results. I think I'm being paid back for never having flunked a test in elementary, high school, or college. I can't seem to pass any test now. It is secondary bone cancer, but no tumors, caught very early. I actually had my first chemo yesterday, Taxol and Zometa. I go again in 3 weeks for my second one. He thinks a cycle of 4 should do it, but we'll keep checking my bone enzyme. Have had no side effects this morning, no red face, tingly fingers, or headache. My back and hips actually feel better than they have in weeks. Maybe I'm imagining all of this. I am a math teacher and plan on being in school as much as possible. I only missed 6 days through the first rounds of treatments because my kids are my rock. I know the Taxol is much stronger and I will take time off when needed. I still have my wigs ready to go when the hair falls out again. Thank you all for being so supportive and for giving me the information that has been a tremendous help. Have a wonderful holiday season. I know I am looking forward to the break from school.

Kathy

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Hi Kathy ♥
    I am so sorry about the results of your MRI. You are in such high spirits and so positive, which is half the battle in fighting this beast. I pray that you will get thru your chemo with no side effects and that you will continue to stay strong and positive. Praying for you and sending you big hugs!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Kathy,
    I'm sorry that the results of your MRI was not the absolute best news. But, still, no tumors, and early detection of bone mets is better than a lot of other options. Bone mets can be treated as a chronic disease and successfully managed, as I'm sure you know. My best to you with the new chemo regimen; I'm glad you're feelign well.

Mimi
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    mimivac said:

Kathy,
    I'm sorry that the results of your MRI was not the absolute best news. But, still, no tumors, and early detection of bone mets is better than a lot of other options. Bone mets can be treated as a chronic disease and successfully managed, as I'm sure you know. My best to you with the new chemo regimen; I'm glad you're feelign well.

Mimi

I am sorry too Kathy about
    I am sorry too Kathy about your results. Stay positive and fight! We will all be here to help you thru this.

KYLEZ ♥
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    I was also diagnosed in
    I was also diagnosed in July, 2008 with bone mets. I was on Taxol and Zometa. I still go for the Zometa treatment every 4 weeks. That is for the rest of my life, or until I have problems and side effects. I did not have a problem with Taxol. Where are your bone mets, mine are in my spine T-10. I do have back pain at times, but not sure if that is from the cancer or just normal aches and pains. Good luck on your treatment
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    meena1 said:

I was also diagnosed in
    I was also diagnosed in July, 2008 with bone mets. I was on Taxol and Zometa. I still go for the Zometa treatment every 4 weeks. That is for the rest of my life, or until I have problems and side effects. I did not have a problem with Taxol. Where are your bone mets, mine are in my spine T-10. I do have back pain at times, but not sure if that is from the cancer or just normal aches and pains. Good luck on your treatment

my heart goes out to you
    it is tough, but you are a very strong person,
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    meena1 said:

I was also diagnosed in

Kathy...I'm so sorry to hear
    Kathy...I'm so sorry to hear about the results of your MRI... You sound like you are handling the news with a plan in hand, and a positive attitude... way to go... in the mean time, I will be sending special thoughts your way.

Wishing you the best... hang in there.

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    sorry to hear but you sound
    sorry to hear but you sound like you have a great attitude good for you! and best of luck happy holidays to you too!!! xo Lisa
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

sorry to hear but you sound
    sorry to hear but you sound like you have a great attitude good for you! and best of luck happy holidays to you too!!! xo Lisa

I am so sorry to hear your
    I am so sorry to hear your results. I will be praying for you and here to support you in anyway.

Leeza
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    taleena said:

Kathy...I'm so sorry to hear
    Kathy...I'm so sorry to hear about the results of your MRI... You sound like you are handling the news with a plan in hand, and a positive attitude... way to go... in the mean time, I will be sending special thoughts your way.

Wishing you the best... hang in there.

♥ & hugs,

~T

Kathy, I am so sorry about
    Kathy, I am so sorry about your MRI results. You are so positive! I envy that! With that attitude you can conquer anything.

Sue :)