First Post-Surgical Pelvic Exam

Outlaw_Josie
Outlaw_Josie Member Posts: 41
The first thing I have to say is that this first exam went much better than I anticipated. The nurse used warm water to take the ice off of the speculum, the doc was VERY gentle and it didn't take long. (Not much to look at anymore with only the vagina intact.)

With pelvics and paps every 3 months for the next 2 years, every 6 for the following 3 and yearly after that I'm going to be very used to "feet in the stirrups visits". They may proove to be less comfortable with the addition of the paps, but at least I'll still be here to **** about them.

We discussed adjuntive radation, which I opted not to do, the lack of studies, varying percentages and recurrences. He said to quit worrying about every little thing and get on with living life because, in the end, itza crap shoot...it'll either come back or it won't and at that time they'll either get it or they won't.

Pretty much meshes with my own personal mantra of "It is what it is".

Observation...lifestyle changes...testing...this will be my life...this is what is going to work for me...what I need to do for me...he was very supportive of that.

What I have is what I have, but my personal plan is to be here long enough to be a pain to my kid's kids.

(I wish I could post a picture here...I'd end with the Qi - life force - symbol that punctuates each of my blog entries.)

Comments

• california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member
    I'm sorry, but I can't find your home page here.
    Were you a Stage lA Uterine Papillary Serous or the regular endometrual cancer?

Wait, your photo came back and i could go there but it didn't say type.
    A very few of us have opted to not have treatment. Would enjoy having someone else on the fringe. Glad you're into lifestyle adjustments.

Hang on, it's a bumpy ride out here.

Also, what area of the country are you. There's a thread on here somewhere where we've posted the area and original diagnosis, just to see if any of us are near to one another.

I did not have radiation and have not experienced any discomfort from the pap. My doctor did say, that he would generally see evidence of cancer even before the pap showed it. Be sure whomever is looking up there, has a super bright light.I saw photos on line somewhere that showed an area where tissue had been sewn back together after cancer surgery and you could actually see the new cancer mets growing where the threads had gone before. Very interesting. Scary, but interesting

claudia
  • Outlaw_Josie

I'm sorry, but I can't find your home page here.
    Were you a Stage lA Uterine Papillary Serous or the regular endometrual cancer?

Wait, your photo came back and i could go there but it didn't say type.
    A very few of us have opted to not have treatment. Would enjoy having someone else on the fringe. Glad you're into lifestyle adjustments.

Hang on, it's a bumpy ride out here.

Also, what area of the country are you. There's a thread on here somewhere where we've posted the area and original diagnosis, just to see if any of us are near to one another.

I did not have radiation and have not experienced any discomfort from the pap. My doctor did say, that he would generally see evidence of cancer even before the pap showed it. Be sure whomever is looking up there, has a super bright light.I saw photos on line somewhere that showed an area where tissue had been sewn back together after cancer surgery and you could actually see the new cancer mets growing where the threads had gone before. Very interesting. Scary, but interesting

claudia

stage and homepage
    It is/was 1c with clear margins, no paths in 14 nodes, ovarian, cervical or vaginal tissue and clear peritoneal wash...the only concern was that the margin is only 1 cm from the serosa, but no evidence of breach. If he radiates now and it comes back in the pelvic area or vaginal cuff there's naught but chemo or possible surgery to stop it. I'd rather take my chances on a full arsenal if it recurs down the road.

My doc's treatment rooms have lights like crazy as well as the one he uses for the...uhm...close up work.

I live in the northwest section of South Carolina near the Blue Ridge Mts not too awfully far from Asheville, NC 4 hours from the coast including rest stops along the way. (we drain off a lot of travel liquids the Handyman and I)

The only reason I'm hesitant to post my homepage is that it started out as my slightly skewed view on my widowed world and morphed into what is now...an odd mix of widowhood, cancer and life.

With that caveat and being forewarned that some of the posts contain some pretty dark stuff; here she is:

http://outlawblogspot.blogspot.com/
  • california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member

stage and homepage
    It is/was 1c with clear margins, no paths in 14 nodes, ovarian, cervical or vaginal tissue and clear peritoneal wash...the only concern was that the margin is only 1 cm from the serosa, but no evidence of breach. If he radiates now and it comes back in the pelvic area or vaginal cuff there's naught but chemo or possible surgery to stop it. I'd rather take my chances on a full arsenal if it recurs down the road.

My doc's treatment rooms have lights like crazy as well as the one he uses for the...uhm...close up work.

I live in the northwest section of South Carolina near the Blue Ridge Mts not too awfully far from Asheville, NC 4 hours from the coast including rest stops along the way. (we drain off a lot of travel liquids the Handyman and I)

The only reason I'm hesitant to post my homepage is that it started out as my slightly skewed view on my widowed world and morphed into what is now...an odd mix of widowhood, cancer and life.

With that caveat and being forewarned that some of the posts contain some pretty dark stuff; here she is:

http://outlawblogspot.blogspot.com/

My doc's treatment rooms

That comment made me laugh so hard I spit on myself.

I really just meant your page associated with this group. But I'll give your blog page a look see, without the bright light, my hands covering my eyes with just a peep hole to see if I can take it.

LOL

claudia
  • Outlaw_Josie

My doc's treatment rooms

That comment made me laugh so hard I spit on myself.

I really just meant your page associated with this group. But I'll give your blog page a look see, without the bright light, my hands covering my eyes with just a peep hole to see if I can take it.

LOL

claudia

Bright lights
    "without the bright light, my hands covering my eyes with just a peep hole to see if I can take it."

Now you're make ME laugh.

You can turn the lights on, but I might consider keeping the peep hole...makes it sound much more tantalizing than it really is.

Glad I could make you laugh, though, we all need a heckuva lot more laughs in our lives.

(and...duh, on me for not realizing you meant the home page here...as she slaps forehead with a Homer Simpson "Duh".)
  • Bright lights
    "without the bright light, my hands covering my eyes with just a peep hole to see if I can take it."

Now you're make ME laugh.

You can turn the lights on, but I might consider keeping the peep hole...makes it sound much more tantalizing than it really is.

Glad I could make you laugh, though, we all need a heckuva lot more laughs in our lives.

(and...duh, on me for not realizing you meant the home page here...as she slaps forehead with a Homer Simpson "Duh".)

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Outlaw_Josie
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Risky Fringe Sisters
    "welcome to the risky fringe sister"

Should we make up T-shirts and have teleconferences?

Mama says I always was the odd duck.

Quack...quack.

Truth is most docs don't know what to do with sisters like us. I'm just glad mine was supportive of my decision as it will make return visits much more pleasant...or as pleasant as they're going to be when you consider I'll have the feet inna stirrups every time.

(wanna wonder what your doc thought she was going to find doing an anal rather than a pelvic...mebbe she figured she'd find something on the vaginal cuff from the outside that she wouldn't have on the inside? Sounds like a question waiting to be asked.)
  • culka
    culka Member Posts: 149 Member

Risky Fringe Sisters
    "welcome to the risky fringe sister"

Should we make up T-shirts and have teleconferences?

Mama says I always was the odd duck.

Quack...quack.

Truth is most docs don't know what to do with sisters like us. I'm just glad mine was supportive of my decision as it will make return visits much more pleasant...or as pleasant as they're going to be when you consider I'll have the feet inna stirrups every time.

(wanna wonder what your doc thought she was going to find doing an anal rather than a pelvic...mebbe she figured she'd find something on the vaginal cuff from the outside that she wouldn't have on the inside? Sounds like a question waiting to be asked.)

Curios finger?
    My radio/onco doctor surprised me too. He used 2 fingers in 2 holes.

Next time I surprised him. After 2 enemas I didn`t have anything there. And last time I used shankaprakshalana. Maybe that is reason why I don`t have to go there anymore.

In this study from Ontario, (http://www.cancercare.on.ca/pdf/pebc4-9s.pdf) doctors are doing pelvic/rectal exam.