I got my ornament today!

Options
elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It is beautiful and I love it! I posted pictures on my expression page. They are not very good but I was excited and wanted to share! This ornament is a shiny blue bulb and it opens to reveal a christmas scene inside. It winds up and horse drawn sleighs revolve around the house in the middle to the tune of We Wish You A Merry Christmas! Thank you secret sister!

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Yea Elm. I will check out
    Yea Elm. I will check out your pics. So happy for you!

Angie
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    I still don't know who my
    I still don't know who my secret sister is. I would like to thank her for my beautiful ornament!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Oh My! Your ornament sounds
    Oh My! Your ornament sounds perfectly beautiful! I will definately check out the pix~this has just been so much fun and I want to thank all of the Secret and not so Secret Elves, ESPECIALLY for being patient and understanding about the less than perfect job I did!

As you know, some are late getting your ornaments, and some of you will be getting more than one (that's not a bad thing, is it??) I had over 20 pages of correspondence from all of you! Awesome, I know, but it also forced my human side to show! A few of you asked if they indeed had a partner, and when I would go back over the 20 pages of emails, sifting through the sent and received, a few times I couldn't find who I partnered someone up with! And, as I had everyone's mailing addresses~ well, I sent out a few ornaments to more than one person so that no one was left out. A few times, after I sent the ornament, I found out that they did indeed have an ornament elf and we mailed on the same day Thus the double ornaments to some recipients! Instead of LOL I hope you are saying Ho Ho Ho!! I hope you know I was never stealing anyones thunder~I assunmed the mistake was made on my end, and I simply was making sure no one was left out! The next time we do this, for whatever occasion (Cancer Survivor's Month, maybe???) I trust it will be better organized!

Happiest of Holidays to all of you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    chenheart said:

Oh My! Your ornament sounds perfectly beautiful! I will definately check out the pix~this has just been so much fun and I want to thank all of the Secret and not so Secret Elves, ESPECIALLY for being patient and understanding about the less than perfect job I did!

As you know, some are late getting your ornaments, and some of you will be getting more than one (that's not a bad thing, is it??) I had over 20 pages of correspondence from all of you! Awesome, I know, but it also forced my human side to show! A few of you asked if they indeed had a partner, and when I would go back over the 20 pages of emails, sifting through the sent and received, a few times I couldn't find who I partnered someone up with! And, as I had everyone's mailing addresses~ well, I sent out a few ornaments to more than one person so that no one was left out. A few times, after I sent the ornament, I found out that they did indeed have an ornament elf and we mailed on the same day Thus the double ornaments to some recipients! Instead of LOL I hope you are saying Ho Ho Ho!! I hope you know I was never stealing anyones thunder~I assunmed the mistake was made on my end, and I simply was making sure no one was left out! The next time we do this, for whatever occasion (Cancer Survivor's Month, maybe???) I trust it will be better organized!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

anxiously awaiting my
    anxiously awaiting my sisterhood ornament. cant wait :)
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Not a perfect job, I beg to
    Not a perfect job, I beg to differ. Perfection is not always everything going exactly right but in the results. The results here are perfect. And who could argue with two ornaments. Or asking to include someone who really appreciated that beautiful gesture. Oh, you are so wrong my 50 foot friend. It could not have been more perfect. You brought so much more than an ornament exchange to all of us. You brought the true spirit of Christmas. An exchange of love, caring and support. So I say, Hooray for the perfect ornament exchange and triple hoorays for our Chenheart. You do so much and always, always, step back from the limelight and sincerely try to downplay what you do. Well, not this time. You are a special woman who deserves all the praise that we give you. So There (picture me sticking out my tongue)
    Stef
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Yah!
    Elm, I'm glad you got it and liked it! I found it at the Smithsonian gift shop and thought it would neat to have something that played music, too.

Mimi