BLOODY NOSE

Options
lizziejane
lizziejane Member Posts: 69
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
HAS ANYBODY HAD TROUBLE WITH DRIPPY, BLOODY NOSE AFTER CHEMO TREATMENT??? MINE COMES AND GOES AND I'M JUST WONDERING IF THE DRUGS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT????

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Lizziejane
    I didn't have chemo, so, I don't know. I am sure someone that has taken chemo will reply to you. I am so sorry that this is happening to you. Should you call your oncologist maybe? Let us know.

Lex♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    LizzieJane, I had TAC but no
    LizzieJane, I had TAC but no bloody nose issues. A friend who does not post here did have a bloody nose off and on. That is common, I believe, with Avastin. If you chemo is a trial with Avastin, that would be an explanation.

I recommend reporting the symptom to your onc. Sorry I can't give you more info. There are so many random s/e from different chemo regimens--it's hard to know sometimes what is a "normal" side effect and what is not. My best to you, LizzieJane. You will make it through, crazy symptoms and all. Just hang in there.
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

LizzieJane, I had TAC but no
    LizzieJane, I had TAC but no bloody nose issues. A friend who does not post here did have a bloody nose off and on. That is common, I believe, with Avastin. If you chemo is a trial with Avastin, that would be an explanation.

I recommend reporting the symptom to your onc. Sorry I can't give you more info. There are so many random s/e from different chemo regimens--it's hard to know sometimes what is a "normal" side effect and what is not. My best to you, LizzieJane. You will make it through, crazy symptoms and all. Just hang in there.

Bloody Nose
    Lizziejane:

I also experienced a bloody nose for about 10 days following each chemo. treatment. My doc. thought that it may be related to low platelets. I had taxotere and cytoxan and I recall reading that a bloody nose may be a side effect. Like the other side effects, this goes away after treatment ends. Hang in there! Jane
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    BunnyJane said:

Bloody Nose
    Lizziejane:

I also experienced a bloody nose for about 10 days following each chemo. treatment. My doc. thought that it may be related to low platelets. I had taxotere and cytoxan and I recall reading that a bloody nose may be a side effect. Like the other side effects, this goes away after treatment ends. Hang in there! Jane

yes
    I too have bloody noses. Mine isnt a runny bloody nose but just from being dry and the chemo is hard on the membranes I believe..its so annoying! lol, hang in there!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Sam726 said:

yes
    I too have bloody noses. Mine isnt a runny bloody nose but just from being dry and the chemo is hard on the membranes I believe..its so annoying! lol, hang in there!

Yes
    Yes I had bloody nose when I was on A/C and then on Taxol w/Herceptin but since I am on Herceptin alone now I haven't had one.

Margo
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Options
    Me, too!
    Since chemo, my nose has been dripping and I have also had unexpected bloody noses. It doesn't help that winter is Utah is dry - and the heater dries things out even more. I have little spots on the inner lining of my nose that have little bloody spots - and then the occasional full-on bloody nose! Such a charming side effect! :)

Lori
  • lizziejane
    lizziejane Member Posts: 69
    Options

Me, too!
    Since chemo, my nose has been dripping and I have also had unexpected bloody noses. It doesn't help that winter is Utah is dry - and the heater dries things out even more. I have little spots on the inner lining of my nose that have little bloody spots - and then the occasional full-on bloody nose! Such a charming side effect! :)

Lori

BLOODY NOSE
    THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION,I LIVE NEAR ST. LOUIS AND IT HAS TURNED PRETTY COLD, SO, THE DRYNESS ALSO PROBABLY IRRITATES THE LINING..... I WLL CALL MY ONCOLOGIST ON MONDAY--AS I HAVE CHEMO ON FRIDAY.....HAS ANYONE BEEN SICK WHEN IT IS TIME FOR CHEMO, WILL THEY STILL DO THE CHEMO---SAY---IF YOU HAVE A COLD???? I HAVE 3 MORE CHEMOS, THEN, I GO ON HERCEPTIN ALONE FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS----SO, HOPEFULLY, THE NOSE BLEEDS WILL END WHEN THE CHEMO
    THANKS AGAIN,
    LIZZIEJANE
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

BLOODY NOSE
    THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION,I LIVE NEAR ST. LOUIS AND IT HAS TURNED PRETTY COLD, SO, THE DRYNESS ALSO PROBABLY IRRITATES THE LINING..... I WLL CALL MY ONCOLOGIST ON MONDAY--AS I HAVE CHEMO ON FRIDAY.....HAS ANYONE BEEN SICK WHEN IT IS TIME FOR CHEMO, WILL THEY STILL DO THE CHEMO---SAY---IF YOU HAVE A COLD???? I HAVE 3 MORE CHEMOS, THEN, I GO ON HERCEPTIN ALONE FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS----SO, HOPEFULLY, THE NOSE BLEEDS WILL END WHEN THE CHEMO
    THANKS AGAIN,
    LIZZIEJANE

I had bloody noses also. I
    I had bloody noses also. I had a sore in my nose, i would put neosporin in my nose and that seemed to help.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

I had bloody noses also. I
    I had bloody noses also. I had a sore in my nose, i would put neosporin in my nose and that seemed to help.

I would run it by my onc,
    I would run it by my onc, but I have used the saline nasal spray to keep the mucous membranes moist. that might help. if its the dryness. but if you are bleeding alot it could be platelets and they need to know. I would watch it taking ibuprophen and things like that too.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

BLOODY NOSE
    THANKS AGAIN,
    LIZZIEJANE

LizzieJane
    So sorry about your nose bleeds. My nose would alternate between dripping and extremely dry. I was surprised it didn't bleed. Do let your Onc. know about it though, as you should about ANY/ALL s/e.(found out by a "scolding" from my Onc.) Back b/4 my first Chemo, I had a cold or something. I postponed the first one. 2nd one, I was still congested, but my counts were good so they went ahead & surprised me into my first Chemo treatment. Depends on your blood work. In the meantime, rest up & get well so you can tackle those last three.
    Take Care
    Cat