New techniques coming soon

snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I've been doing a little research and have found something called plasmonic oncology. It is very similar to the approach Kanzius is taking. The only difference is that this technique is invasive and uses lasers instead of radio waves. I think they have already performed human trials in europe and perhaps one of our members' wife may be one of the first patients. That would be very exciting!

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    WoW!
    This is sounding like good news! I am excited! thanks for the info as usual John, I love hearing about the new technology coming out, just hope it's soon :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Shayenne said:

WoW!
    This is sounding like good news! I am excited! thanks for the info as usual John, I love hearing about the new technology coming out, just hope it's soon :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Here's something new for ya:
    Medical News Today reported the world's first (in Spain)rectal tumor removed thru the anus, avoiding painful abdominal incisions......Steve
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    coloCan said:

Here's something new for ya:
    Medical News Today reported the world's first (in Spain)rectal tumor removed thru the anus, avoiding painful abdominal incisions......Steve

not new
    Steve,
    I had the tumor removed from my rectum that way last year. Went home next day and was out cutting firewood 3 days later.
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Kerry S said:

not new
    Steve,
    I had the tumor removed from my rectum that way last year. Went home next day and was out cutting firewood 3 days later.

Hmm mm.
    Article says:"The world's first patient to have a malignant rectal tumor...." Don't kmow if that qualifier makes a difference; I'm certainingly by no means doubting you.Don't know why they made a mention of this. I needed a colostomy to remove my tumor, with chemo/rad before and now chemo after op. Hope you're doing well, Kerry......Steve
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

still waiting
    I'm still waiting for insurance to approve treatment. I'm only on xeloda and avastin right now. I got turned down by my insurance company for abraxane in treatment of colon cancer. I also have thyroid cancer, so we resubmitted it for treating that. I should know something soon. I also sent some tissue away for another onco gene expression. They are only testing it for one specific gene that they have successfully targeted. It is a rare mutation in colon cancer but who knows I might get lucky. There is some good news. My mom has been lobbying a charity to get me some money for chemo if I was turned down by the insurance company. The charity has agreed to pay for some treatment of the abraxane. The charity has already spent all their funding for this year but I'm the first one on the list for next year.
    If you want any more info on oncotyping, checkout the caris dx website. They have everything you want to know.
  • snommintj said:

still waiting
    I'm still waiting for insurance to approve treatment. I'm only on xeloda and avastin right now. I got turned down by my insurance company for abraxane in treatment of colon cancer. I also have thyroid cancer, so we resubmitted it for treating that. I should know something soon. I also sent some tissue away for another onco gene expression. They are only testing it for one specific gene that they have successfully targeted. It is a rare mutation in colon cancer but who knows I might get lucky. There is some good news. My mom has been lobbying a charity to get me some money for chemo if I was turned down by the insurance company. The charity has agreed to pay for some treatment of the abraxane. The charity has already spent all their funding for this year but I'm the first one on the list for next year.
    If you want any more info on oncotyping, checkout the caris dx website. They have everything you want to know.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Thanks for always keeping us
    Thanks for always keeping us informed & updated. You bring a lot of hope & inspiration to us!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Kanzius machine
    Hi John,

Thanks for always sharing what you hear about as the "latest" in cancer treatments.
    I remember that you talked about the Kanzius machine in detail a while back. Today, Serrana emailed an article about it. I think you mentioned before that they're working on it and having success w/ it at MD Anderson in Texas.
    Here's a recent article on it about Dr. Stephen Curley's work and studies with it so far. They've had to run tests w/ it on animals and found it's very successful in getting rid of tumors. You mentioned this before, but some extra info said on the site was that not only did it get rid of hard tumors, but even lymphoma and leukemia- exciting!

I wish I knew how to post a link that everyone could just click on (anyone care to share how to do that??), but here's the web address of it:

www.rfnanocancer.com Check it out everyone!

Lisa