Feeling the gift of Christmas

pokismom
pokismom Member Posts: 153
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted for a while, been here and there but I try to pop in on the board every so often. I had a lung biopsy done(vat) in September and they removed the largest nodule confirming it's colon cancer. I got depressed after surgery and tried zoloft but it gave me bad acid reflux and anxiety. I seem to have a low tolerance to meds. Got off of the antidepressants and been coping pretty well. My recent cat scan showed little growth of my nodules so my onc decided to wait till after the holidays to start chemo, I feel thankful for that, not having to be sick during the holidays is truly a gift for me. I go back in January for another cat scan to see how it I'm doing. I've been pretty much vegetarian since July, juice every morning and try to get some exercise everyday. I'm wishing you all a happy holiday season and thought I'd share my gift with you all. You are truly amazing people with so much zest for life. Merry Christmas to you all!
Much love
Donna

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Hi Donna
    It sounds like things are going well overall. It's great that you have a "stay of chemo" until after the holidays. I have a dose scheduled on Dec 23rd. I'd rather have the bag of coal like I used to get.

Don't you know that you are supposed to take Nexium for acid reflux then Xanax for anxiety after you take Zoloft for depression? The trifecta.

I'm happy to hear that you are managing without all the meds and that you are juicing. You're inspiring!

Merry Christmas to you too
    -phil
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    PhillieG said:

Hi Donna
    It sounds like things are going well overall. It's great that you have a "stay of chemo" until after the holidays. I have a dose scheduled on Dec 23rd. I'd rather have the bag of coal like I used to get.

Don't you know that you are supposed to take Nexium for acid reflux then Xanax for anxiety after you take Zoloft for depression? The trifecta.

I'm happy to hear that you are managing without all the meds and that you are juicing. You're inspiring!

Merry Christmas to you too
    -phil

Ha Phil!
    I was going to say the same thing.. I take Zoloft, but don't get acid reflux, and take the Ativan or Xanex to counteract the anxiety...come on Donna, you know there's a pill for everything we need to take, and don't want to though.. we're just kidding LOL

I'm glad to hear from you and you're doing alright!! I just also wanted to wish you a Happy Holiday as well, and hope you still keep us posted!!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • pokismom
    Shayenne said:

Ha Phil!
    I was going to say the same thing.. I take Zoloft, but don't get acid reflux, and take the Ativan or Xanex to counteract the anxiety...come on Donna, you know there's a pill for everything we need to take, and don't want to though.. we're just kidding LOL

I'm glad to hear from you and you're doing alright!! I just also wanted to wish you a Happy Holiday as well, and hope you still keep us posted!!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Funny
    Hi Donna and Phil,
    you guys are so funny, I had to laugh when I read your posts this morning! I know there are meds for everything, omg it could go on forever!! Nice hearing from you both! Have a great Chirstmas, and sorry Phil you got to go to treatment on the 23, it'll be okay, you've got such great spirit! Now how come no one told me to take the Xanax!! It's okay, I think me and meds don't always dance well. Take care!
    Donna
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Hi Poki :)
    Hi Donna

Your christmas package from me is winging its way to Honolulu right now - I hope it makes it there; pleaese let me know if it does or does not arrive.

Be looking for it - :)

-Craig
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Thanks for the update
    Thanks for updating us, Donna. Sounds like things are going pretty well. I pray you will have a happy holiday season!

*Hugs*
    Gail
  • pokismom
    tootsie1 said:

Thanks for the update
    Thanks for updating us, Donna. Sounds like things are going pretty well. I pray you will have a happy holiday season!

*Hugs*
    Gail

Thanks
    Hey thanks Gail, wishing you also a great holiday season!!!!
    Love
    Donna