Been out of the loop for awhile –

lovelylola
lovelylola Member Posts: 279
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
First it was the move 3 days before chemo #2 and trying to get settled. I definitely over-did. I’m kinda (my daughter says a lot) OCD when it comes to getting settled. I feel anxious and out-of-sorts when I can’t find my things or have the house the way I want it. Needless to say, I was majorly that way for all of last week.

Then the chemo. I had been cruisin’ along thinking I was such a great warrior, no problems really with the surgery-little pain and no drop in energy, the first chemo-few side effects except for some constipation for a couple days. I actually thought I would cruise right through #2. Boy was I in for a rude awakening. The actually chemo infusion on last Thurs wasn’t bad but nausea really kicked in despite the Emend and I started taking the compazine. That plus the steroids made me jittery and gave me headaches.

Long story short – a really bum weekend except when my kids put up my Christmas tree for me and let me direct them to hang pictures, etc. I took yesterday off and slept most of the day so did go in to work today (that’s where I’m writing this – shh!)

I don't have internet access yet at my house. There’s a 2 week waitlist for installation. I have checked in and read posts a couple times at my daughter’s place but didn’t have the energy to write.

So I guess I’m normal – not superwoman. I’ll be in and out of the discussion boards as I can from work or my daughter’s house.

Oh – and I am settled in my own apt and love that! Lola

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Welcome back super chemo
    Welcome back super chemo girl! Now its time to rest! Glad your apt. is settled, now settle your body. Hugs
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    natly15 said:

Welcome back super chemo
    Welcome back super chemo girl! Now its time to rest! Glad your apt. is settled, now settle your body. Hugs

You
    are missed on here!! Glad you got settled in.. Take it easy we will be here waiting...

Calleen
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Calleen said:

You
    are missed on here!! Glad you got settled in.. Take it easy we will be here waiting...

Calleen

Hi Lola
    Welcome back Lola! We have missed you! Looking forward to your popping in and out.

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Gotta rest when you can.
    Gotta rest when you can. Reading is less work so go ahead and lurk. We will be waiting for you. Hugs.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Marcia527 said:

Gotta rest when you can.
    Gotta rest when you can. Reading is less work so go ahead and lurk. We will be waiting for you. Hugs.

Hi Lola, so you're not as
    Hi Lola, so you're not as tuf as your pic physically, but you are tuf enough to get thru this. Really! Look at what you're going thru, moving and chemo and work, and whatever else is going on. Dear girl, you deserve some quiet and rest and hope you can get some. Give yourself some time. KYou know you're strong and even tho I haven't been here long, I missed you. Looking forward to you posting things are going better for you. Take care and love to you.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Hi Lola ☻
    Glad that you are settled in now Lola. Great kids to put up your xmas tree. Hoping your chemo goes easier for you.

Kristin ♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Lola,
    You still sound pretty

Lola,
    You still sound pretty super to me. That is a lot to do right in the middle of all this chemo. Yes, now is probably the time to sit back a little more and let the rest do for you. You don't want to do anything that will impede your progress. But I say that my hat is off to you. I don't have that much energy or ambition and I didn't do chemo and am months and months out of rads. Hope your home internet is up and running soon. That I would hate. I will keep you in my prayers that the rest of your chemo goes smoothly or as smoothly as possible.
    Stef
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Hello!
    I've been wondering how you have been doing. I'm sorry this round didn't go as smoothly as the other. I've been sending positive vibes your way. And I think you are a superwoman! Even Superman had problems with kryptonite - and I imagine it was kinda like chemo! :)

Glad you are settled in! I hope you have a great Christmas season in your new place!

Take care and keep us posted!

Lori
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I, too, am glad to finally
    I, too, am glad to finally hear from you, Lola. We've all missed you!! Glad to hear your in your own place now, I know that makes you feel better too. Just don't overdo it and get the rest you need. Keep us updated and pop in when you feel up to it. Take care.
  • lovelylola
    MyTurnNow said:

I, too, am glad to finally
    I, too, am glad to finally hear from you, Lola. We've all missed you!! Glad to hear your in your own place now, I know that makes you feel better too. Just don't overdo it and get the rest you need. Keep us updated and pop in when you feel up to it. Take care.

Thanks so much for all your
    Thanks so much for all your encouragement.
    Lori I do like the idea that chemo as kryptonite. It makes sense to me! However, that may not say much for my brain right now.
    Could someone give me a quick instruction on changing my picture. I finally found a baby pic and scanned it. I have it under my pics/expressions but can't seem to change Rosie the Riveter. (Maybe she doesn't want to leave LOL).
    Lola
  • susie09

Thanks so much for all your
    Thanks so much for all your encouragement.
    Lori I do like the idea that chemo as kryptonite. It makes sense to me! However, that may not say much for my brain right now.
    Could someone give me a quick instruction on changing my picture. I finally found a baby pic and scanned it. I have it under my pics/expressions but can't seem to change Rosie the Riveter. (Maybe she doesn't want to leave LOL).
    Lola

Pic for Lola
    Go to your About Me page and hit edit, then hit picture and delete the one you have now. Then, go back to your About Me page, hit edit, then picture again and where it says Browse, click on that and put the picture that you want there. Then hit save. If the new pic doesn't show up right away, hit your refresh key and it should then.

♠♣ Christmas
    Susie
    ♠♣
  • lovelylola
    susie09 said:

Pic for Lola
    Go to your About Me page and hit edit, then hit picture and delete the one you have now. Then, go back to your About Me page, hit edit, then picture again and where it says Browse, click on that and put the picture that you want there. Then hit save. If the new pic doesn't show up right away, hit your refresh key and it should then.

♠♣ Christmas
    Susie
    ♠♣

Too Big
    Thanks Susie - I think I need to download the thumbnail instead of the larger pic. That may be the problem as it isn't accepting it even with the save and refresh. I'll keep working at it. Lola
  • susie09

Too Big
    Thanks Susie - I think I need to download the thumbnail instead of the larger pic. That may be the problem as it isn't accepting it even with the save and refresh. I'll keep working at it. Lola

Ok
    You can always reduce the size in Paint. Do you have that program? Most puters do. If not, use your thumbnail. And, refresh usually makes it work. Good luck Lola!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member

Too Big

It worked!
    Look, there you are as a sweet little papoo! Changing pics sometimes doesn't happen instantly. Patience. Or, patience, then... re-try.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    crselby said:

It worked!
    Look, there you are as a sweet little papoo! Changing pics sometimes doesn't happen instantly. Patience. Or, patience, then... re-try.

I don't see the new pic
    I don't see the new pic Lola. Maybe I need to hit refresh. HAHA
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

I don't see the new pic
    I don't see the new pic Lola. Maybe I need to hit refresh. HAHA

Welcome back Lola. I hope
    Welcome back Lola. I hope you are feeling better now. Glad you like your new place.

I also don't see a new pic of you as a baby.

Angie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    fauxma said:

Lola,
    You still sound pretty

Lola,
    You still sound pretty super to me. That is a lot to do right in the middle of all this chemo. Yes, now is probably the time to sit back a little more and let the rest do for you. You don't want to do anything that will impede your progress. But I say that my hat is off to you. I don't have that much energy or ambition and I didn't do chemo and am months and months out of rads. Hope your home internet is up and running soon. That I would hate. I will keep you in my prayers that the rest of your chemo goes smoothly or as smoothly as possible.
    Stef

Welcome back Lola! You
    Welcome back Lola! You sound like you have been very busy! Don't overdo it now!

KYLEZ ♥
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Angie2U said:

Welcome back Lola. I hope
    Welcome back Lola. I hope you are feeling better now. Glad you like your new place.

I also don't see a new pic of you as a baby.

Angie

welcome back
    I was gone for a bit too...that alone will set you out of sorts not being able to communicate with the awesome women on the board. I had no internet due to an equipment failure and had to wait on the phone company...plus tons of other real life. In my book you are still plenty tough. Cute pic

always becky