Chain... chain... chain.... chain of fools... remember that song???

taleena
taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well... now I'm singing.... "Change change change... change of life"... and am needing some vent time ... because quite frankly this stuff sucks!!! I'm not even sure a pint of ice cream will make it better, I think I need one of those gallon buckets.... hum.. I think I sense the need to have hubby run to the store... even if it is snowing...

I am the youngest of 11 children... with lots of girls... my oldest sister is 55 ... I'm 42 so I'm sure you can tell I have others that are all in between....can I ask any of them about any of this... Nope... they are all PREmenapausal...

I know alot of you don't have experience with Zoladex.. (a chemo drug that they inject every 28 days...next one is next week for 5 years)... with Femara... Zoladex to make me post menapausal.... Femara well you all know...

I have been having my period for 9 straight days now... went to onco today to check my hormone levels... he says wacky periods are a part of the change process.... um... excuse me dr.. isn't that why I'm on the zoladex... if I'm getting these injections can't one of the benefits be ... um.. to NOT have a period... can't a girl get something out of it... geezzz..

I've been on the Femara for 2 weeks now... my hips ache all the way down my legs... I'm tired.. could sleep 12 hours a day if I didn't have to be up at 6 am for work...

I'm turning sentimental... (always have been but have always been able to keep it in check)...now a song will bring tears to my eyes...

okay...time to get the ice cream...ummm.. maybe chocolate... ewwwww maybe chocolate ice cream with brownie chunks....

Hugs,

~T

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Menopause...gotta hate it.
    Menopause...gotta hate it. BTW, Chocolate Chunky Monkey is pretty good. Ben and Jerry's has it in a pint and don't share.
  • taleena
    Marcia527 said:

Menopause...gotta hate it.
    Menopause...gotta hate it. BTW, Chocolate Chunky Monkey is pretty good. Ben and Jerry's has it in a pint and don't share.

Oh Marcia... that is my
    Oh Marcia... that is my absolute favorite... nope, no sharing!
  • Gloria09
    Gloria09 Member Posts: 190
    Taleena
    I'm a newbie and haven't had surgery (next Thursday) or rads (early January) yet so I cannot relate to anything yet but I think the menopause is setting in. I think the mood swings are here with just thinking about what I have ahead of me. So how about a brownie hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge ... yum-o
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Gloria09 said:

Taleena
    I'm a newbie and haven't had surgery (next Thursday) or rads (early January) yet so I cannot relate to anything yet but I think the menopause is setting in. I think the mood swings are here with just thinking about what I have ahead of me. So how about a brownie hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge ... yum-o

Taleena, all that you're
    Taleena, all that you're talking about is long gone for me as I had surgical menapause many years ago but I still remember those years. I had endometriosis, very painful periods, had to go to bed for one week every month, then became a pelvic cripple, couldn't do anything. On top of everything else now I have fibro and am on Femara. So I hurt most of the time, am stiff in the morning and tell myself its ok. I'm so sorry you're having to go thru all this and pray for better days for you. I really like a ton of ice cream with a hot fudge brownie, so looks like we're all on the same page with that. You deserve to have a great day soon, and I hope its tomorrow. Lots of hugs to you.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Phish Food
    Taleena, I can tell you with complete certainty (I've personally conducted many years of sophisticated scientific studies) that the best method in existence for declaring war on raging hormones is Ben & Jerry's Phish Food (chocolate ice cream + caramel swirls AND marshmallow swirls + tiny chocolate fish).

Happy to share my "research,"

:-) Traci
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Taleena hope you had double
    Taleena hope you had double chocolate last evening. It helps when we are sentimental. I had a surgical menopause in the mid 80's due to abnormal paps. My hormones were all over the place and I cried for no reason. I again with these BC surgeries, chemo , etc am crying at a drop of hat. It's another kind of healthy vent for us. You vent all you have to, and enjoy those brownies and ice cream while you are doing it.

Had chemo yesterday, and since I couldnt find a good enuff reason to cancel it, treated myself to cherry pie and ice cream last nite.

Traci girl keep up your scientific research on Ben and Jerry's. If you find something new its imperative that you reveal it to us.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    No one said life would be
    No one said life would be fun or fair but sometimes a break would be nice. I started A/C on 8/12 and had it every 2 weeks; by the time Sept. was done I had my period 5 times. Not happy, cried all the time over the smallest things. A friend wanted to see if I set a record. I'm happy to report that was the last month of it so it will stop. I've been off chemo since Oct. 7 and the hot flashes/night sweats have subsided. I start tamoxifen in Jan. so they may start up again. I couldn't handle ice cream during chemo but fudge brownies with lots of whipped cream worked.

Hang in there...it will get better.
  • taleena
    Gloria09 said:

Taleena

Thanks for letting me
    Thanks for letting me rant...lol... now... hot fudge w/fresh hot brownies... um.. may have to try that one tonight!
  • taleena
    TraciInLA said:

Phish Food
    Taleena, I can tell you with complete certainty (I've personally conducted many years of sophisticated scientific studies) that the best method in existence for declaring war on raging hormones is Ben & Jerry's Phish Food (chocolate ice cream + caramel swirls AND marshmallow swirls + tiny chocolate fish).

Happy to share my "research,"

:-) Traci

Oh Traci... I appreciate
    Oh Traci... I appreciate your disclosing your findings from the research...any further developments should be reported ... immediately...lol... I'll have to try that one.. Pfish Food...sounds yummy!
  • taleena
    natly15 said:

Taleena hope you had double
    Taleena hope you had double chocolate last evening. It helps when we are sentimental. I had a surgical menopause in the mid 80's due to abnormal paps. My hormones were all over the place and I cried for no reason. I again with these BC surgeries, chemo , etc am crying at a drop of hat. It's another kind of healthy vent for us. You vent all you have to, and enjoy those brownies and ice cream while you are doing it.

Had chemo yesterday, and since I couldnt find a good enuff reason to cancel it, treated myself to cherry pie and ice cream last nite.

Traci girl keep up your scientific research on Ben and Jerry's. If you find something new its imperative that you reveal it to us.

Cherry pie alamode'...
    Cherry pie alamode'... yumm.. Hope you enjoyed it.. as far as the tears go.. I try to remind myself of what my grandmother used to say... "the more you cry.. the less you pee.." now where did she come up with that...lol
  • taleena
    Sher43009 said:

No one said life would be
    No one said life would be fun or fair but sometimes a break would be nice. I started A/C on 8/12 and had it every 2 weeks; by the time Sept. was done I had my period 5 times. Not happy, cried all the time over the smallest things. A friend wanted to see if I set a record. I'm happy to report that was the last month of it so it will stop. I've been off chemo since Oct. 7 and the hot flashes/night sweats have subsided. I start tamoxifen in Jan. so they may start up again. I couldn't handle ice cream during chemo but fudge brownies with lots of whipped cream worked.

Hang in there...it will get better.

Wow... brownies with whipped
    Wow... brownies with whipped cream... I'll have to try that one... most definately... as far as hanging in there.. well... let's just say I feel like that picture of a cat... hanging onto a thread with one little claw... luckily my sisters on here won't let me fall...

Hanging... on to what's left of my sanity... hehehe

~T
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    taleena said:

Wow... brownies with whipped
    Wow... brownies with whipped cream... I'll have to try that one... most definately... as far as hanging in there.. well... let's just say I feel like that picture of a cat... hanging onto a thread with one little claw... luckily my sisters on here won't let me fall...

Hanging... on to what's left of my sanity... hehehe

~T

Taleena
    you have gotten advices for desert. in contrast I am suggesting to see gynecologist. Just because BC treatment change your hormones and cycle good gynecologist will guide through BC mess.
    Yes, I will go for brownies too.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Bummer, bummer, bummer
    Taleena, I was 40 when this all started for me (seems like eon's ago) anyway the drug (chemo) induced menopause for me and I had the hot flashes, bone aches, I would cry at the drop of a hat and I was MEAN! I was so mean we all started calling me MEAN REAN, it became a family joke of sorts. The emotional part they can give you meds (I take Paxil) to ease it a bit but it does get better on its own. I was actually sobbing while watching commercials! It just takes a bit of time for you body to adjust but it will happen. Now I agree your hubby needs to go get that ice cream, several flavor ought to help.

Hugs,

RE
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    RE said:

Bummer, bummer, bummer
    Taleena, I was 40 when this all started for me (seems like eon's ago) anyway the drug (chemo) induced menopause for me and I had the hot flashes, bone aches, I would cry at the drop of a hat and I was MEAN! I was so mean we all started calling me MEAN REAN, it became a family joke of sorts. The emotional part they can give you meds (I take Paxil) to ease it a bit but it does get better on its own. I was actually sobbing while watching commercials! It just takes a bit of time for you body to adjust but it will happen. Now I agree your hubby needs to go get that ice cream, several flavor ought to help.

Hugs,

RE

Hey T
    Yes, this is a bummer. The chemo put me most of the way into menopause and now I will be starting Tamoxifin which will for sure finish me off. My husband is so confused. I am hot hot hot then cold as hell. Air was on all summer and now I wish at times I could turn the heat off, but for sure I would freeze hubby out. Hope its over soon or do we do this for the 5 years.