Hi Ho Hi Ho

Options
always
always Member Posts: 256
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to Chemo I go. I have been up pretty much all night. I think I slept from about 12:30 to 1:45. Finally got up at 3 no since in wasting this steroid rush. Did laundry and puttered around trying not to wake anyone up. I wrote a Night before Christmas spoof in my head...you know

The Night before Chemo and all through the house no family member stirring not even a mouse. Christmas trappings in boxes and strewn everywhere. The holiday will be here I can't even prepare. And I in my sleep cap can not sleep a wink. you get the drift..

Seriously, I can never sleep when I take the steroids the day before chemo. At work my brain and mouth get way to active by mid day. I drive my husband nuts in the evening being just plain goofy..He was quick to remind me last night he would laugh now because I become a bear day 3 and 4 after chemo. I told him I think it is steroid crash!

Today Chemo number 3of 4! Over the hump? If you don't include radiation. I will consider this over the hump stage 2 of 3. Surgery was stage 1, chemo 2. Husband just left for work. My son will be up in half hour and off to school. My daughter spent the night to make it easier to go to chemo with me today. She will be up in an hour to get Logan ready to go to his other grandmas...and we will be on our way by 7. So I guess I should get a shower while there is hot water.

Any suggestions for next time around? How do I offset this energy rush? I would relish it if I could harness thoughts and not ramble or actually get something done that is productive.

My best to everyone
becky

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Hey Becky
    I'd forgotten

Hey Becky
    I'd forgotten about the steroid rush in the middle of the night.At least it was productive!
    Cheers
    Dee
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Becky my sleep patterns are
    Becky my sleep patterns are atrocious. You were productive you did laundry. I do laundry at 3 in the morning too. Our bodies are in constant turmoil. Up one day and down down the next. Wishing you a good chemo day, even though its not something we really wanted in our life.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky! Good luck with
    Hi Becky! Good luck with chemo today. You are almost DONE!

KYLEZ ♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Congrats Becky on being
    Congrats Becky on being "over the hump"! Sorry that you couldn't sleep. Hope your day goes well for you.

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    susie09 said:

Congrats Becky on being
    Congrats Becky on being "over the hump"! Sorry that you couldn't sleep. Hope your day goes well for you.

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣

I took Tylenol PM that nite,
    I took Tylenol PM that nite, it really helped me sleep. It did not make me groggy the next morning.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    meena1 said:

I took Tylenol PM that nite, it really helped me sleep. It did not make me groggy the next morning.

Becky, so sorry that you're
    Becky, so sorry that you're having all this. But you're strong and working your way thru it. Hope today or tomorrow are better days, at least this stage will soon be over. Post and let us know how you're doing when you can.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

I was wondering about that
    I take my first dose of steroids next Tuesday in preparation for chemo on Wednesday and was going to ask my oncologist if I could take Tylenol PM to help me sleep since she mentioned the steroids might have that effect. I have a call in to her office now. I hope she OK's it because Tylenol PM always works like a charm for me when I have trouble sleeping. I only take 1 pill even though the recommended dose is 2. If I take 2 I am groggy, but 1 is just right for me.

Good luck getting your rest. I know how important that is right now!!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    natly15 said:

Becky my sleep patterns are
    Becky my sleep patterns are atrocious. You were productive you did laundry. I do laundry at 3 in the morning too. Our bodies are in constant turmoil. Up one day and down down the next. Wishing you a good chemo day, even though its not something we really wanted in our life.

Natly, just wanted to let
    Natly, just wanted to let you know how great your new photo is. You look so good even tho you're still a chemo chick. Wishing you better days too.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Becky, so sorry that you're
    Becky, so sorry that you're having all this. But you're strong and working your way thru it. Hope today or tomorrow are better days, at least this stage will soon be over. Post and let us know how you're doing when you can.

I love what Sunrae said
    so I will repeat it to you Becky. I am praying that today or tomorrow are better days!

HUGS
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Natly, just wanted to let
    Natly, just wanted to let you know how great your new photo is. You look so good even tho you're still a chemo chick. Wishing you better days too.

thank you sunrae--this is my

thank you sunrae--this is my original post photo, however it is about 5 years old and definitely pre chemo. When I learn how to load photos from our camera, I will post a recent chemo photo with scarf covering my bald head.
  • Gloria09
    Gloria09 Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Becky
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Gloria09 said:

Becky
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

Praying for you too
    Praying for you too Becky!

Debby
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    Took the ativan
    I tried this last time to start taking the ativan about 12 hours before the steroids in the hopes it would calm me down. No such luck. With my chemo set for 12:00 noon I had to take my first dose at 12:00 midnight and then again at 6:00 am. I did sleep some from 10:00 to 12:00 but that was it. I think I finally was able get a semi-restful night of sleep last night. That is a full week after my first steroid dose.