A Day Off

LC815
LC815 Member Posts: 155
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Ladies,

I've not been on recently because I've been wallowing in my Stage IV diagnosis. I have been really panicked and down and not good for much. A couple of days ago, however, I "took a day off from cancer." I took my Arimidex in the morning, and then whenever my mind wandered toward my health I thought, "I don't have cancer today." As the day went on, I felt better and better. Denial isn't always bad; Sometimes, it's a vacation.

Peace,
Linda

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Linda
    I am glad that you are back. Vacation is always a good thing to.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Linda, Good for you that you
    Linda, Good for you that you took a day off and made it your day. As its been said, "you've got cancer, but cancer doesn't have you". I've been able to take a day off here and there and it really helps. I'm so sorry for your diagnosis and I know its scary. Just remember there are survivors with the same dx and they're here for you. You're in my prayers for peace, comfort and healing during this difficult time. Sending you huge hugs and hope you can feel the love coming toward you. Take care, dear Linda.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    I'm with you, Linda.
    I'm with you, Linda. Whatever it takes to survive and find joy in the day. I am always reminded of our dear RE's maxim not to let cancer take your joy. I'm glad you took that vacation, and wish you more.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    You are right!
    Sometimes Denial IS just a river in Egypt!
    Hugs - Pat
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Linda... cheers to you... I
    Linda... cheers to you... I see nothing wrong with an occational dose of denial... we have right now this minute... let's enjoy it!

Hugs,

~T
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Yes, a vacation is a good
    Yes, a vacation is a good thing~ and I understand that De-Nile is beautiful this time of year! LOL I think you should stay on a permanent vacation~ relax, have a cocktail with a paper umbrella in it, slather on some skin softening lotion,schedule a massage or at least a pedicure! Flirt wiyh a cabana boy and enter a salsa dancing competition!

You are sooooo right in your "today" attitude; and today is all any of us have, isn't it? Cancer or not....young or old. So yes, do what you can to take care of yourself, and live every day you have! Just think how many memories you can make in the next 60 years

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    chenheart said:

Yes, a vacation is a good
    Yes, a vacation is a good thing~ and I understand that De-Nile is beautiful this time of year! LOL I think you should stay on a permanent vacation~ relax, have a cocktail with a paper umbrella in it, slather on some skin softening lotion,schedule a massage or at least a pedicure! Flirt wiyh a cabana boy and enter a salsa dancing competition!

You are sooooo right in your "today" attitude; and today is all any of us have, isn't it? Cancer or not....young or old. So yes, do what you can to take care of yourself, and live every day you have! Just think how many memories you can make in the next 60 years

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I actually live in denial a
    I actually live in denial a lot and I am very happy that way. LOL

Debby