nausau with chemotherapy

Options
lizmair
lizmair Member Posts: 24
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
is there anyone out there that has taken compazine and had a side effect. thanks

Comments

• pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    I am still taking compazine
    I am still taking compazine and swear it is a drug from heaven...and I don't (or didn't) take drugs until this adventure. It takes the edge off the nausea and really does help. I take my first pill right when i wake up to "stay in front" of the nausea. Keep it in your purse in case you need it in a pinch. It worked and continues to work magic for me. Good luck! Pitt
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

I am still taking compazine and swear it is a drug from heaven...and I don't (or didn't) take drugs until this adventure. It takes the edge off the nausea and really does help. I take my first pill right when i wake up to "stay in front" of the nausea. Keep it in your purse in case you need it in a pinch. It worked and continues to work magic for me. Good luck! Pitt

I took it the first time I
    I took it the first time I had chemo and it made me hyper so I did not take it this time. (new primary). someone else here said they cut down on the dose and they were able to continue to take it. i took zofran and it made me constipated ativan helped me. after the meds you take amend, decadron, I really didint need to much. Ihad more lower Gi issues.
  • elizarose
    elizarose Member Posts: 124
    Options
    carkris said:

I took it the first time I
    I took it the first time I had chemo and it made me hyper so I did not take it this time. (new primary). someone else here said they cut down on the dose and they were able to continue to take it. i took zofran and it made me constipated ativan helped me. after the meds you take amend, decadron, I really didint need to much. Ihad more lower Gi issues.

i took compazine the first
    i took compazine the first day of chemo and never took it again. it made my heart beat funny. i took zophran and it worked great.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizmair! I didn't take
    Hi Lizmair! I didn't take chemo, but, I wanted to wish you good luck with it. There are several "chemo chicks" here that are taking chemo now as you can see. We will all help you thru this.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I didn't get CHEMO, but I
    I didn't get CHEMO, but I have been through the mill with my new dx of Celiac. First they thought maybe I had C-Diff, that was negative 3 times, then they took my off my proton-pumps(Aciphex) and put me on Zantac and previcid. My heartburn came back terrible, so I can relate to you chemo gals and the nausea. I has hospitalized for dehydration for 6 days from the nausea nd vomiting and diarrhea, They gave me ZOFRAN (iv) it works great, it probably comes in a pill form also. But I had no problems with it, I did with compazine pills. Best of luck.

I'm thinking what next! I have to go back to my RADS starting today, I was able to keep my time slot, today I'm going in a bit later so I have time to get myself together. Between my lumpectomy in July and now this1 ARRGH
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    lanie940 said:

I didn't get CHEMO, but I
    I didn't get CHEMO, but I have been through the mill with my new dx of Celiac. First they thought maybe I had C-Diff, that was negative 3 times, then they took my off my proton-pumps(Aciphex) and put me on Zantac and previcid. My heartburn came back terrible, so I can relate to you chemo gals and the nausea. I has hospitalized for dehydration for 6 days from the nausea nd vomiting and diarrhea, They gave me ZOFRAN (iv) it works great, it probably comes in a pill form also. But I had no problems with it, I did with compazine pills. Best of luck.

I'm thinking what next! I have to go back to my RADS starting today, I was able to keep my time slot, today I'm going in a bit later so I have time to get myself together. Between my lumpectomy in July and now this1 ARRGH

Wow Lanie, you have really
    Wow Lanie, you have really had a rough time of it. Hope that your rads will be done soon. Sending you big hugs!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Wow Lanie, you have really
    Wow Lanie, you have really had a rough time of it. Hope that your rads will be done soon. Sending you big hugs!

Hugs, Diane ♥

Thanks, I still have that
    Thanks, I still have that rumbling in my stomach and plumbing, it's so loud sometimes my hubby can hear it and laughs. It is a weird feeling. But in a way I can now relate more to what you gals on chemo are dealing with when I had the nausea. It sure ain't no picnic! I'm praying for all of you for a total recovery! ((((Hugs))) Cancer really sux.
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    Zofran.....
    worked wonders for me.

Love and light,
    Vicki
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz. Hoping that you are
    Hi Liz. Hoping that you are feeling better now!

KYLEZ ♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    pitt said:

Hoping that you are better
    Hoping that you are better now Liz. Lots of good advice here for you.

Angie
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    Options
    Kylez said:

Hi Liz. Hoping that you are
    Hi Liz. Hoping that you are feeling better now!

KYLEZ ♥

I take Emend on days 2 and 3
    I take Emend on days 2 and 3 after chemo, I have Zofran and Compazine for backup but have never had to use them.
    Deb
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    I've had 2 rounds of chemo
    and used the compazine both times. The first round only needed it as a backup on the 2 days I took the Emend. However, this last one I needed it for a couple more days. It did give me constipation and a jittery feeling. I ended up having to take more ativan than I had the first time. I'm going to ask about something different for this next time. I know that I didn't quite eat right this last time. If I keep a little something in my stomach (6-8 small meals per day) I actually feel better. Good luck with the rest of your chemo. Lola