Please read,it will make you smile.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone.I got my soon to be 6yr. old Grandson at school a few days ago.I had my wig on and he run up to me with a big hug.And he says oh MamMaw you got your hair back.And I said honey this is a wig.He looked at me and said MaMaw I been Praying every day for you to have hair again.Is that a sweat boy or what.This is truley is what keeps us going.Thanks for letting me share.Love and Prayers.

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    ☺ Pat ☻
    It worked! I am smiling! Love, Jeanne ♥
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Too Cute
    You are right - kids have a way of making things seem better, don't they! Thanks for sharing your sweet story!

Lori
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Too Cute
    You are right - kids have a way of making things seem better, don't they! Thanks for sharing your sweet story!

Lori

Grandkids are the best. My 4
    Grandkids are the best. My 4 year old granddaughter, checks my head out every time I see her which is about every 2 weeks or so. She told me last week to go look in the mirror cuz she thinks my hair is on its way back. My 6 year old grandson asked if grandpa's hair was going to come back to.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Kat11 said:

Grandkids are the best. My 4
    Grandkids are the best. My 4 year old granddaughter, checks my head out every time I see her which is about every 2 weeks or so. She told me last week to go look in the mirror cuz she thinks my hair is on its way back. My 6 year old grandson asked if grandpa's hair was going to come back to.

Grandkids can make
    Grandkids can make everything ok! Looks like yours did Pat. Thanks for sharing that with us!

HUGS
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Awwwwwwww... I am smiling
    Awwwwwwww... I am smiling too! How sweeet!

Hugs and smiles,
    Chen♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Made me smile, too. Thanks
    Made me smile, too. Thanks for sharing with us. I've been finished with chemo for about 7-8 weeks and my hair is just beginning to come back. The strange thing is my eyelashes, mainly lower lids, and eyebrows seem to be thinning. I read on another post that this is pretty common for taxotere/cytoxan side effects. Oh well, the good news is that they too come back!!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    MyTurnNow said:

Made me smile, too. Thanks
    Made me smile, too. Thanks for sharing with us. I've been finished with chemo for about 7-8 weeks and my hair is just beginning to come back. The strange thing is my eyelashes, mainly lower lids, and eyebrows seem to be thinning. I read on another post that this is pretty common for taxotere/cytoxan side effects. Oh well, the good news is that they too come back!!

Kids and grandkids are the
    Kids and grandkids are the joy of our lives. Never met one I didn't like. They have a way of touching our hearts when we least expect it. Thanks Pat for sharing yours with us.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Sunrae said:

Kids and grandkids are the
    Kids and grandkids are the joy of our lives. Never met one I didn't like. They have a way of touching our hearts when we least expect it. Thanks Pat for sharing yours with us.

Thanks Pat
    I am smiling too Pat! Thank you for posting this for us! Grandkids are such a joy in life and can bring so much to our lives and our hearts!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    so sweet! Kids are so
    so sweet! Kids are so amazing.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    elm3544 said:

so sweet! Kids are so
    so sweet! Kids are so amazing.

Smiling too
    Love this Pat! What a sweet post! I am smiling too!

Hugs, Debby
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    DebbyM said:

Smiling too
    Love this Pat! What a sweet post! I am smiling too!

Hugs, Debby

They are precious aren't
    They are precious aren't they? And so innocent. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Stef
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    fauxma said:

They are precious aren't
    They are precious aren't they? And so innocent. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Stef

Pat, what a sweet story to
    Pat, what a sweet story to share with us. Thank you!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    DianeBC said:

Pat, what a sweet story to
    Pat, what a sweet story to share with us. Thank you!

Hugs, Diane ♥

Can I say aw?
    Your grandson sounds like a real cutie!

Loved your story Pat, thanks!

KYLEZ ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    A real sweetie of a grandson!
    I love this story Pat. Thanks for telling us ,and yes, he is a very sweet boy!

Sue :)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Ritzy said:

A real sweetie of a grandson!
    I love this story Pat. Thanks for telling us ,and yes, he is a very sweet boy!

Sue :)

Pat
    You read this over again and I bet you will feel better! It made me feel better!

♥ Noel
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    What a precious story.
    What a precious story. Thanks for reminding me to call my 4 grandchildren just to tell them I love them. They give me courage and strength every day of this journey. Marilyn