first mammo after bc and called back. ......

florist
florist Member Posts: 45
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone had this experience? Been 1 yr since diagnosis, chemo and radiation..First mammo and BAM called in for more films.

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    So sorry to hear
    Try to remember that chances are still very good that it's nothing to worry about, but I'm sure not worrying is much easier said than done.

I just had to have another mammogram 6 weeks after my surgery because by radiation oncologist wanted to have another look (really, how many times do they need to look at the same boob???) at some microcalcifications. I was also worried that I would have something else to deal with before I even finished my treatment for what they already found (after 3 mammograms, 2 MRI's and 4 ultrasounds).

Hang in there. We're here for you, to rejoice if you're in the clear, and to hold your hand if you need us to.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

So sorry to hear
    Try to remember that chances are still very good that it's nothing to worry about, but I'm sure not worrying is much easier said than done.

I just had to have another mammogram 6 weeks after my surgery because by radiation oncologist wanted to have another look (really, how many times do they need to look at the same boob???) at some microcalcifications. I was also worried that I would have something else to deal with before I even finished my treatment for what they already found (after 3 mammograms, 2 MRI's and 4 ultrasounds).

Hang in there. We're here for you, to rejoice if you're in the clear, and to hold your hand if you need us to.

Take care,
    Cindy

Try to stay calm
    I think this happens a lot and everything turns out fine. Please try to relax and let us know what you find out. Praying for you!

Diane
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    I've been warned....
    My radiation Oncologist warned me this could happen, the first time after treatment when they do a mammo, because your tissue changes due to the radiation. He says he never understands why they just don't do the extra views in the first place so as not to worry us. But where I go for treatment, there is no waiting, they get as many views as they need and I find out my results instantly. Good luck and let us know what happened!
    Pammy