Getting close to surgery and have questions

Sam726
Sam726 Member Posts: 233
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Okay girls...last chemo is the 22nd. I have an appt with surgeon on the 29th to discuss lumpectomy, etc. My question is what now? Will they test me all over again? PETS, CT's, ultrasounds etc, before the surgery? I hated that part of all this, going thru the testing is so stressful. My course of treatment has been 6 rounds of chemo, then lumpectomy and then radiation..thanks for your imput.

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I don't have an answer for
    I don't have an answer for you, as I had surgery first, then chemo then rads, but I just wanted to move this one up and have our sisters who have had your experience weigh in!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Sam... can't help, but glad
    Sam... can't help, but glad to hear you are reaching your last round of chemo...trust me when I tell you, I really understand about all the testing and the stress of waiting that goes with it... seems like that was all I did from my date of dx in May to starting rads in Sept... hang in there... positive thoughts heading your way... and I know others will have some of the answers that you seek.

Hugs,

~T
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    taleena said:

Sam... can't help, but glad
    Sam... can't help, but glad to hear you are reaching your last round of chemo...trust me when I tell you, I really understand about all the testing and the stress of waiting that goes with it... seems like that was all I did from my date of dx in May to starting rads in Sept... hang in there... positive thoughts heading your way... and I know others will have some of the answers that you seek.

Hugs,

~T

Before they did my
    Before they did my lumpectomy, they gave me a CT scan, a MRI and a bone scan to make sure there was no other cancer in either breast or anywhere else. If something else had shown up, it would have changed my surgery. But, nothing did. WHEW! Good luck!

Angie

Oh, after my surgery, before I started rads, my rads oncologist did another CT scan on me to line me up for the rads machine.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Angie2U said:

Before they did my
    Before they did my lumpectomy, they gave me a CT scan, a MRI and a bone scan to make sure there was no other cancer in either breast or anywhere else. If something else had shown up, it would have changed my surgery. But, nothing did. WHEW! Good luck!

Angie

Oh, after my surgery, before I started rads, my rads oncologist did another CT scan on me to line me up for the rads machine.

Going Friday to the surgeon
    Going Friday to the surgeon to discuss my surgery. I already know she will order another 3d ultra sound to see how much my tumors have shrunk. I had a lot of tests when I was first diagnosed back in Sept. CT scan, bone scan, chest xray, EKG, 3d ultra sound. Hope I don't have to have all those all over again. Let us know what tests you're are having and keep us posted.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    i had the tests done after
    i had the tests done after chemo, but i was stage 4 so they needed to make sure that i was stable to have surgery. they may want to run the tests again
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Coach
    Yeah for the last Chemo!! I know you'll feel such a relief to have that part of the race conquered! They didn't do any further tests with me before the surgery, 'course probably for insurance reasons so it's hard to answer your ?. That'll be up to the surgeon I would guess. What kind of surgeon is doing the Lumpectomy? I had a Vascular Surgeon. I know at some point we will have to go through more testing, only this time it will be worth the wait to hear we are Cancer FREE!
    Take Care,
    ♥ Cat