Stage III Long time NED folk?

dianetavegia
dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Are you a long term NED Stage III cc survivor? Do you lurk?

I came across a few old threads recently and saw loads of Stage III people from years ago and wondered if they have remained healthy. I'd like to assume they've gotten on with their lives and are healthy and happy.

I think it's uplifting to those who are new and so very scared of the 'what might happen' of it all, when long term disease free survivors 'check in'.

Are you lurking?

Diane

Comments

• StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Can "4s" check in?? lol
    Well, I'm no "3" but I am a "4"! lol And I guess it depends on what you mean by "long time"...I'm 8 yrs clear!

Have a FANTASTIC week! (we got a nice dusting of snow here!)

Hugs,
    Stacy
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member

Can "4s" check in?? lol
    Well, I'm no "3" but I am a "4"! lol And I guess it depends on what you mean by "long time"...I'm 8 yrs clear!

Hugs,
    Stacy

Sure can Stacy!
    You are a TRUE inspiration to all of us!

Diane
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Long term survivor
    I am a newbie, and I love to hear about those who have fought and won! It does give hope that all this is not wasted time and energy!
    Jan
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    thready said:

Long term survivor
    I am a newbie, and I love to hear about those who have fought and won! It does give hope that all this is not wasted time and energy!
    Jan

I'm a 4 too!!
    And love seeing the uplifting stories as well of other old-timers who are still lurking, and know they give me hope, and would like to know if they are still well as well.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • janniemae
    janniemae Member Posts: 7 Member
    Stage III Survivor
    I confess to having been an occasional "lurker". It has been a very long time since I was here but I saw the post regarding stage III survivors.
    For you, Diane, as well as for any others who may be interested, I registered so that I could share my story with you.
    Eight years ago, in January, 2002, I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. I had surgery - a right hemicolectomy - followed by 5FU and Leucovorin. (I was 49 at the time of diagnosis.)
    In February, 2005, I was diagnosed with stage I breast cancer. I had a segmental mastectomy followed by radiation and chemo.
    Recently I had a scare. Sudden, severe, back pain...x-ray, bone scan, CT, MRI...showed fracture of T-8 with increased uptake. Underwent biopsy of the vertebra...pathology report was NEGATIVE for malignancy.
    I hope that my experience thus far brings you some measure of encouragement and peace. Sincerely, Janice
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Can "4s" check in?? lol

Hugs,
    Stacy

You are a '20' in my book, dearheart!!!!
    Nice to 'see' you, Stacy!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Pick me! Pick me!!!!!!
    But, I've never been accused of 'lurking'....lol....

Stage III rectal dx 11/2004....chemo/rads, low resection with J-pouch...
    stage II breast dx 8/2005...lumpectomy, chemo/rads....

2004/2005 was a VERY busy year...lol...

Oh, and still NED on both...1/2010....lol!

And getting pretty serious with the guy in white in my pic...ROFL...it's staying below freezing here in Holland...it's GREAT to be INSIDE looking at all the snow and ice OUTSIDE!

Hugs, Kathi
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member

Can "4s" check in?? lol

Hugs,
    Stacy

Happy new year Stacey
    Hope you are well snowdust and all. It is around 100 deg here and a couple of our southern states are expecting around 105 tomorrow. Hi to everyone else as well ,like kath I don't feel like a lurker but I was st3,c 6/13 lymph nodes involved. 22nd of jan is my 12th anniversary ,still ca free. Best wishes to all...Ron.