I'm starting the "3;00am Club" for the people who cant sleep at night.

just4Brooks
just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had my chemo today and I cant sleep AGAIN!!! Most nights seen to be like this lately but most of the time I just stay in bed a toss and turn all night. Does this happen to anybody else? I take me sleeping pill, take my Zanex, my pain pill, and still I'm up

Comments

• robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Sign me up!
    Chemo day for me too.
    I just finished my book. Hopefully to sleep soon!

Rob; in Vancouver
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    I am up too
    No chemo, just can't sleep. DH goes to work at 5am, so I am up most mornings before 4. These are the 'what if' hours - what if the next scan shows (fill in the blank); what if the ostomy doesn't work, etc.

Thanks, Vicki
  • Sigma34
    Sigma34 Member Posts: 203
    robinvan said:

Sign me up!
    Chemo day for me too.
    I just finished my book. Hopefully to sleep soon!

Rob; in Vancouver

I'm usually up at that time.
    I'm usually up at that time. Nights are rough for me. I tried not getting on my blackberry all night to see if I could fall back asleep or I would of joined the club at 3:00am
  • damama24
    damama24 Member Posts: 174 Member
    VickiCO said:

I am up too
    No chemo, just can't sleep. DH goes to work at 5am, so I am up most mornings before 4. These are the 'what if' hours - what if the next scan shows (fill in the blank); what if the ostomy doesn't work, etc.

Thanks, Vicki

me too
    I 'm usually up during the night also. Have trouble sleeping more than a few hours at a time. I guess I'm not physically active enough to get really tired so that my brain shuts down for the night. To many thoughts and worries running through my head.
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Same here
    generally can't sleep more than 1 1/2 to 2 hours in a row without getting up, even with Ativan,even if tired all day. Sometimes its the chemo, sometimes my nonstop mind, sometimes discomfort, sometimes just can't fall asleep...... not really too healthy.......Steve
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    coloCan said:

Same here
    generally can't sleep more than 1 1/2 to 2 hours in a row without getting up, even with Ativan,even if tired all day. Sometimes its the chemo, sometimes my nonstop mind, sometimes discomfort, sometimes just can't fall asleep...... not really too healthy.......Steve

sign me up
    wow this is turning into quite a little club!

mmmmmmmm what could we do :):):)

mags
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    maglets said:

sign me up

mags

check me in
    too im done with chemo and even the pills i take dont seem to help either.i was up at 12:00 but got cold so i crawled back in bed....Godbless...johnnybegood
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    maglets said:

sign me up

mags

Its Alway Before Chemo...
    Yes!! The night before my chemo was Tuesday, hook up yesterday, but my nerves get so shot the night before I go, I was up at 2:00 am, and had drive 2 hours to Columbus, so we leave a few hours before, in case of traffic, but I caught up on my sleep today.. last night, I was tired, took an ativan and Xanex, and a couple hits of maryjane, and I was zonked out! I didn't even have to get up to empty my bag or anything, it was great! nothing was there, I slept through a night! and I feel pretty good today!

But there are always alot of those night when I'm just pitter-pattering through the house late night, checking on the kids, looking at them sleep, and just smiling away.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • KATE58
    KATE58 Member Posts: 299
    Shayenne said:

Its Alway Before Chemo...
    Yes!! The night before my chemo was Tuesday, hook up yesterday, but my nerves get so shot the night before I go, I was up at 2:00 am, and had drive 2 hours to Columbus, so we leave a few hours before, in case of traffic, but I caught up on my sleep today.. last night, I was tired, took an ativan and Xanex, and a couple hits of maryjane, and I was zonked out! I didn't even have to get up to empty my bag or anything, it was great! nothing was there, I slept through a night! and I feel pretty good today!

But there are always alot of those night when I'm just pitter-pattering through the house late night, checking on the kids, looking at them sleep, and just smiling away.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

yes,chemo night and for
    yes,chemo night and for about two or three nights after,
    monday nite i got to bed as sun was coming up!

kate
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    I'm with you
    Although the Ativan is helping some, I wake up and it is tough to get back to sleep. Then during off times I'm not taking the Ativan and so it is hello everyone most nights. Talked with the Dr about that she she sleep when ever I can, now that was helpful :(. I do get my days and nights confused.

Last night I was awake at 3:24am, I sat on the couch and just cryed big aligator tears. Does this get better when we finish our rounds of chemo?

Jan
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    EST or PST?
    I was up at 2:30-3 am EST and I'm still up. If I can stay away from my Laz-y boy chair I'm ok, otherwise I zonk out in 60 seconds....
    -p
  • bdee
    bdee Member Posts: 304
    Not sleeping
    My time of not sleeping is the week after my chemo. I have chemo on Monday and I can usually sleep pretty good Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. By Thursday and Friday it is around midnight before sleep comes. Then comes Saturday thruough Sunday and I'm up until 3 or 4 a.m. I take Ambien and Ativan and the sleep just goes away. Sometimes I get up and come to the computer but most of the time I just lay there quietly while hubby sleeps. I don't want to wake him up or disturb him because he usually gets up early for work. If he wakes up and I'm not there it worries him and he can't get back to sleep then.
    Yes, some nights the big crocodile tears just roll down my face as I go back over what the doctor has said and I wander if I'll be here for my grand children's graduation or even if I'll be here when the youngest starts to school.

Thanks for the late night club,
    Debbie in Arkansas
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Hey... we got a nice group giong
    Goot the see others with the same time. I finley went to bed at 4am.. kind of half slept till 6 then crashed good till abut 9am. I hope tonight is better
  • coloCan

Hey... we got a nice group giong
    Goot the see others with the same time. I finley went to bed at 4am.. kind of half slept till 6 then crashed good till abut 9am. I hope tonight is better

Morning Brooks, see ya later at
    4:15 AM.....Steve
  • Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Night Owl
    My husband retired last year after 32 years on the night shift at GM. He's still on night shift time, so we go to bed around 4:00 AM or 5:00 AM and sleep till noon. I'm retired from the Federal Government, but do a lot of volunteering at my church (afternoon or evenings).
    Joy
  • k1
    k1 Member Posts: 220 Member
    Joy1216 said:

Night Owl
    My husband retired last year after 32 years on the night shift at GM. He's still on night shift time, so we go to bed around 4:00 AM or 5:00 AM and sleep till noon. I'm retired from the Federal Government, but do a lot of volunteering at my church (afternoon or evenings).
    Joy

Up late
    Is there a chat for this cancer group so those of up late can converse faster than through posts? I found a general chat room for all cancers but no one is there, and was really looking for a chat room by type of cancer. I'm brand new here so still trying to figure out how to navigate.
  • coloCan
    Joy1216 said:

Night Owl
    Joy

Spent 18 years working nites. 15 years on midnites
    could never sleep right on midnite tour (aint natural)was glad to retire to sleep anytime. Since DX, can hardly sleep at all anytime!...Steve