Finally - a plan! - Joining the Chemo Chicks!

cindycflynn
cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
3 months and 2 days after my diagnosis, I finally have the full treatment plan in place!

First of 4 chemo treatments (C/T) will be on December 16th. Should have time to recover for Christmas and New Years before the second round.

After that, it will be on to rads and then Tamoxifen.

I want to thank all of you brave sisters who have gone before and shared their experiences, good and bad.

We can do this!

Comments

• Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Best wishes and easy chemo
    Peace
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Well, I must agree that
    Well, I must agree that finally having a plan is a good good thing. It took four months from my initial mammogram to chemo as well. Once you get started with the chemo, I promise it will move so quickly. Your plan sounds perfect and we will be here to help you with whatever questions come up or whatever side effects come around. You will beat the beast. And my favorite line, "You have cancer, it doesn't have you!" good luck and enjoy your holiday. This too shall pass. Hugs, Pitt
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    You can do this
    I was dx June 19th, 2009, had a lumpectomy, lymph nodes removal, 4 chemo C/T, 30 rads and just started on Monday taking Tamoxifen.
    I did it and i know you can do it...
    There will be good and not so good days but we are survivors.....
    Good luck and keep us posted.....
    hugs your way....
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Cindy, I'm glad that you
    Cindy, I'm glad that you finally know what you're doing are were able to make the decision regarding chemo. I did the same treatment meaning 4 rounds of taxotere/cytoxan and am in the middle of rads right now. The chemo is doable and I really didn't have too much trouble with it. The worst was the last one and that's when the fatigue set in. Are you also taking the Nuelasta shot? With your first treatment on 12/16, you will probably ring in the new year without your hair. That, too, is just temporary. It's got some good points and that is that getting ready to go is much quicker....no blow drying, curling, etc. You have a great attitude and you'll do well through the treatments. Plus, we'll be here every step of the way holding your hand. Take care.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Yes, you can do it Cindy!
    Yes, you can do it Cindy! Good luck!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Sister Cindy
    Doesn't it feel like you are FINALLY doing something to beat the beast?! I was so happy to move onto Chemo after all the testing. Yes you CAN do this and I will pray that you have minimal s/e. Keep that positive attitude, it does help! Keep us posted and you know we are here for you.
    ♥ Cathy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Cat64 said:

Sister Cindy
    Doesn't it feel like you are FINALLY doing something to beat the beast?! I was so happy to move onto Chemo after all the testing. Yes you CAN do this and I will pray that you have minimal s/e. Keep that positive attitude, it does help! Keep us posted and you know we are here for you.
    ♥ Cathy

Cindy
    You go girl! You can do it!

Angie
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Thanks!
    I was hoping at first to be able to skip the chemo since all signs pointed to early detection, clear lymph nodes, etc., but my Oncotype score swayed me to increase my chances even further so that I will hopefully only have to fight this battle once.

I'm amazed at how much better I feel just knowing what I have in store for me. Even though there are still questions about how I will react, will I be able to keep working, will my veins hold up, etc., I just feel like a huge weight has been lifted by having my plan in place.

For those who are still in the decision-making process, I still believe the waiting is the hardest part. All of this is doable, even if it's not easy.

I have been so inspired by those who have already faced this. Thank you all for your encouragement and inspiration!