ANYONE FROM PENNSYLVANIA

denbralou
denbralou Member Posts: 66
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone on this site is close to Harrisburg/Philadelphia area and if so, where were you treatd? I am stressing myself out. I have had 2 opinions from 2 different surgeons and they both tell me something different on how they want to start my treatment. If anyone was treated at a center close by and can let me know how that experience went, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Lots of wonderful MDs near Phila.
    Hi Denbralou: I live in Chester County, PA and have been treated at a couple of facilities in Philly including Fox Chase Cancer Center and Hospital of the University of PA. Both have great docs. I received my chemo. at Chester County Oncology in West Chester, PA and received excellent care there too.

If you want more infomation, please let me know. Good Luck with your treatments. Jane
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    BunnyJane said:

Lots of wonderful MDs near Phila.
    Hi Denbralou: I live in Chester County, PA and have been treated at a couple of facilities in Philly including Fox Chase Cancer Center and Hospital of the University of PA. Both have great docs. I received my chemo. at Chester County Oncology in West Chester, PA and received excellent care there too.

If you want more infomation, please let me know. Good Luck with your treatments. Jane

Hi, I live in Philadelphia.
    Hi, I live in Philadelphia. I was treated at Einstein One for my surgery and chemo. I had my radiation done at Fox Chase Cancer Center. My surgeon is wonderful, he was the first breast surgeon in Philadelphia. I have also heard wonderful things about Jefferson Hosp, although i was not treated there. I do not live too far from Fox Chase, put a post up if you are going there. Bunny jane is not too far from me.
  • denbralou
    denbralou Member Posts: 66
    meena1 said:

Hi, I live in Philadelphia.
    Hi, I live in Philadelphia. I was treated at Einstein One for my surgery and chemo. I had my radiation done at Fox Chase Cancer Center. My surgeon is wonderful, he was the first breast surgeon in Philadelphia. I have also heard wonderful things about Jefferson Hosp, although i was not treated there. I do not live too far from Fox Chase, put a post up if you are going there. Bunny jane is not too far from me.

Philadelphia
    Hello BunnyJane and Meena1,

Thanks for the info. I had my second opinion at the Univ. of PA. yesterday. Could you tell me who your surgeon and oncologist was? I am just so afraid and don't know what to. The 1st surgeon said chemo 1st, then surgery. The second at Penn said, sentinal biopsy first, then masectomy, then chemo. How do you know which is the right thing to do and which place to pick.
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    denbralou said:

Philadelphia
    Hello BunnyJane and Meena1,

Thanks for the info. I had my second opinion at the Univ. of PA. yesterday. Could you tell me who your surgeon and oncologist was? I am just so afraid and don't know what to. The 1st surgeon said chemo 1st, then surgery. The second at Penn said, sentinal biopsy first, then masectomy, then chemo. How do you know which is the right thing to do and which place to pick.

Phila docs
    I sent you a personal message regarding Philly docs. Good Luck! Jane
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    BunnyJane said:

Phila docs
    I sent you a personal message regarding Philly docs. Good Luck! Jane

I also sent you a personal
    I also sent you a personal message. Take care
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Fox Chase
    It looks like Jane & Meena probably addressed your concerns. I had my surgery done @ Fox Chase and was extremely pleased with my decision. I actually went for 3 opinions and only due to the distance (as I live in Toms River), Fox Chase was my 3rd opinion. All 3 opinions were different. I'm not too sure why doctor's names aren't mentioned here, but Dr. Richard Bleicher was my surgeon. He's young but very skilled. I couldn't be happier with the choice I made. Please let me know if you want more information as I would be more than happy to oblige.

Hugs ~ Marlene
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Wha whoo! I found this and
    Wha whoo! I found this and bumped it up for you denbralou. I had searched the other day but couldn't find it. Hope you see this one. Not deleted just hiding.

Did you see this thread ?