Nodes/BRAC1 Negative - Rads begin next week!

jbug
jbug Member Posts: 285
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Great news from the sentinel node biopsy I had on 25 Nov...nodes negative! My rad onc doc suggest BRAC test as I don't have any fam history and new diagnosis of bc. It was also negative! Thought possible chemo in my future, but he assures me that the tumor was so small, oncologist will not give me chemo! I had my simulation done yesterday and expect to start next week. Will have 30 + 5.

I'm thanking God for his blessings thru this. I've been fortunate to be able to march right thru the process and haven't had to wait as long as others on this site to just begin the process (diagnosis received 12 Nov). I'm still working thru the process emotionally, but am certainly feeling blessed and thankful. I appreciate all the posts and am comforted that I can come to read and share and know that others have been where I am.

Julie

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Congratulations on negative
    Congratulations on negative nodes! That is great!

HUGS
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    That's great news, Julie.
    That's great news, Julie. I'm right in the middle of RADS right now. It's no picnic but it is doable, just like chemo was. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    MyTurnNow said:

That's great news, Julie.
    That's great news, Julie. I'm right in the middle of RADS right now. It's no picnic but it is doable, just like chemo was. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

That is the best news Julie!
    That is the best news Julie! Congratulations! Rads are very doable. You will be fine. You have lots of support and info right here on this site!

Angie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Great news!
    Julie, that is wonderful news! We always want to hear negative!

Wishing you good luck with radiation treatments. Lots here, including me, can help you thru them.

Hugs, Diane ♥