I'm not Wild:(

Lilmiss82
Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well I'm getting chemo right now and my oncologist stopped by to update me. She stated that my CEA was 1.5 which is good but I'm KRAS mutated so in the future my treatment options may be limited. I just feel that things are getting better bad news never stops coming. I'm just disappointed. People anyways tell me that I'm so young and it's so sad I'm going through this and I use to just brush it off now today I do feel to young for this there is too much weight on my shoulders. Please uplift me:)

Comments

• damama24
    damama24 Member Posts: 174 Member
    I'm so sorry you received
    I'm so sorry you received not so good news today. Hang in there new treatments are coming along every day. I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts. Please keep your head up and try to stay positive. God will be by you side. take care of yourself much love being sent your way. Deb
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    It's just
    It's just a temporary setback,you have a lot of people praying for you,and don't forget this is the season for miracles.You just have to take a deep breath,and decide that they may be wrong,and you are going to prove it by living to a ripe old age.We are all praying for you,and no matter what, you cannot let the beast win.
  • Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    karguy said:

It's just
    It's just a temporary setback,you have a lot of people praying for you,and don't forget this is the season for miracles.You just have to take a deep breath,and decide that they may be wrong,and you are going to prove it by living to a ripe old age.We are all praying for you,and no matter what, you cannot let the beast win.

This beast
    It just breaks my heart that we all are going through this. I can wrap my head around the fact that some people get cancer and others don't, some are cured and others are not. I hate this disease and pray that we can all be cured. You guys are so supportive and I'm so grateful to have found others like me. Thanks to everyone who has responded to this post and my past one. You make my fight so much more worth it
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    KRAS
    No big deal on the KRAS. There are only two drugs I know of that are not effective when you are mutant (I am too). It is much better to know your status, than to take something like Erbitrux with its awful rash, and live with those side effects for nothing. Before they realized the connection, many people took Erbitux with no benefit and suffered the side effects.

All the common drugs do work on Mutant or Wild - don't worry!
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member

KRAS
    No big deal on the KRAS. There are only two drugs I know of that are not effective when you are mutant (I am too). It is much better to know your status, than to take something like Erbitrux with its awful rash, and live with those side effects for nothing. Before they realized the connection, many people took Erbitux with no benefit and suffered the side effects.

All the common drugs do work on Mutant or Wild - don't worry!

Yeah.... What Kathryn said....
    No big deal. o)

Diane, a fellow mutant
  • DennisR
    DennisR Member Posts: 148
    When I was "cured" the 1st
    When I was "cured" the 1st time I had cancer after 2 surgeries and lots of chemo, my Onco told me that if the cancer came back, it would probably be terminal.
    Well it DID come back after 8 years, but guess what, it not only wasn't terminal, but I'm doing much better than I did after the 1st time. I was treated with a different chemo cocktail that eliminated the new tumor completely followed by a BMT that seems to have worked very well.
    The Onco was very surprised to see me walk back into his office, and commented that he didn't expect to see me again, he had also admonished the other Dr in Denver for attempting a new un-accepted treatment plan. (But was very happy to see me nonetheless and asked a lot of questions about the new procedure and the BMT because I was 3 years over the cut-off age for that risky procedure) I still like the Old Onco Dr but, he's pretty much convinced to just follow the prescribed and approved treatment plans and not take any chances.
    Never give it up.
    DennisR
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    DennisR said:

When I was "cured" the 1st
    When I was "cured" the 1st time I had cancer after 2 surgeries and lots of chemo, my Onco told me that if the cancer came back, it would probably be terminal.
    Well it DID come back after 8 years, but guess what, it not only wasn't terminal, but I'm doing much better than I did after the 1st time. I was treated with a different chemo cocktail that eliminated the new tumor completely followed by a BMT that seems to have worked very well.
    The Onco was very surprised to see me walk back into his office, and commented that he didn't expect to see me again, he had also admonished the other Dr in Denver for attempting a new un-accepted treatment plan. (But was very happy to see me nonetheless and asked a lot of questions about the new procedure and the BMT because I was 3 years over the cut-off age for that risky procedure) I still like the Old Onco Dr but, he's pretty much convinced to just follow the prescribed and approved treatment plans and not take any chances.
    Never give it up.
    DennisR

Thanks for posting this, it
    Thanks for posting this, it is inspirational!