Another happy ornament recipient!

rainbow4
rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just picked up today's mail, and there was a nice package - such excitement! Thank you, thank you Marlene_K (at least I think that's who it's from; the note inside tells the sender's "real" name, and I'm guessing she is the sender). If not, please let me know and I'll do some more investigating.
The ornament is a beautiful glass pink ribbon with my name added in gold sparkles. I love it and will hang it proudly on my tree for MANY years to come!
-rainbow4 (Barb)

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    This is just so exciting~ I
    This is just so exciting~ I am truly glad that everyone is describing their beautiful ornaments! It makes my day, as I know it does yours! It certainly shows an amazing level of thought and care on the part of the Secret Elves when I read how lovely and personal the ornaments all are. Wonderful!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Yep, it was me :)
    Yes, you're right, Barb. I'm so thrilled that you liked it I'm a little disappointed, however, as I included a note with it and that obviously wasn't included :(

Anyway... To my sister-in-pink with Love, Hope & Faith, Marlene
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

This is just so exciting~ I
    This is just so exciting~ I am truly glad that everyone is describing their beautiful ornaments! It makes my day, as I know it does yours! It certainly shows an amazing level of thought and care on the part of the Secret Elves when I read how lovely and personal the ornaments all are. Wonderful!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

It is exciting, isn't it?
    It is exciting, isn't it? And I love hearing all the descriptions and the anticipation. I can't wait to hear about all the rest of the ornaments and the surprised and happy receivers. The only thing missing is peeking. Hard to do when they aren't under the tree and mom and dad are busy elsewhere. I had a friend when we were in our teens, opened all her presents, tried them on, and then rewrapped them. Me, I only ever peeked once, it was a bride doll from my grandma. I swear she encouraged peeking as she only put things in a box and tied a loose bow around them. I reached in and felt it but didn't actually look. I only knew it was a doll, had real hair, a long dress and a veil but knowing even that spoiled it for me so I just never peeked at anything again. But I loved guessing.
    Okay, ladies and Joe, confess have you ever peeked, at what, and how did you feel about doing that?
    Stef
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    fauxma said:

It is exciting, isn't it?
    It is exciting, isn't it? And I love hearing all the descriptions and the anticipation. I can't wait to hear about all the rest of the ornaments and the surprised and happy receivers. The only thing missing is peeking. Hard to do when they aren't under the tree and mom and dad are busy elsewhere. I had a friend when we were in our teens, opened all her presents, tried them on, and then rewrapped them. Me, I only ever peeked once, it was a bride doll from my grandma. I swear she encouraged peeking as she only put things in a box and tied a loose bow around them. I reached in and felt it but didn't actually look. I only knew it was a doll, had real hair, a long dress and a veil but knowing even that spoiled it for me so I just never peeked at anything again. But I loved guessing.
    Okay, ladies and Joe, confess have you ever peeked, at what, and how did you feel about doing that?
    Stef

Yes I did
    one time I wanted a dance-a-rina doll so badly (anyone remember those?) and when my Mom wrapped up our gifts I carefully untaped it and saw it was what I had wanted so badly!! I didn't feel bad that year.. BUT.. a few years later I begged and begged for a sewing machine.. I'm serious I wouldn't stop talking about it. I kept asking my Mom if that was what I was going to get.. She shut me up by saying "yes you are".. I never asked or peeked again!!!
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Marlene_K said:

Yep, it was me :)
    Yes, you're right, Barb. I'm so thrilled that you liked it I'm a little disappointed, however, as I included a note with it and that obviously wasn't included :(

Anyway... To my sister-in-pink with Love, Hope & Faith, Marlene

thanks again
    Sorry there was no note (and I did look for one). It really means a lot to me; I'm having a tough time getting any enthusiasm for Christmas this year - haven't even started pushing furniture around to be able to set up the tree, but this may get me motivated.
    Blessings to you
    (I love your new picture!)
    Barb
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    rainbow4 said:

thanks again
    Sorry there was no note (and I did look for one). It really means a lot to me; I'm having a tough time getting any enthusiasm for Christmas this year - haven't even started pushing furniture around to be able to set up the tree, but this may get me motivated.
    Blessings to you
    (I love your new picture!)
    Barb

I'm definetly not
    I'm definetly not as enthusastic as I usually am. My daughter came home from college for Thanksgiving and wanted our tree up. Her, her girlfriend and my boys helped with moving furniture and getting everything up from the basement. They put it up along with lights & decorations on Thanksgving eve. Thank God for that! My princess is stepping up to the plate for sure. Normally she would hang one or two ornaments while she watched the rest of us, lol. I keep putting up things little by little, but don't think I'm going to do it all as I usually do. We're going to a friends house for Christmas Eve, and I have my kids Christmas morning, but for dinner, they'll be with their dad, so it's not necessary to go as crazy as I normally would. I will also be getting my 4th treatment on Christmas Eve morning, but I usually don't feel too bad the day of or the day after. It's after my Neulasta shot that I get grounded for a couple days.

I'm glad the ornament gave you a little lift and hope you get done what's most important!

Love ~ Mar

PS I don't see my new pic on here... I hate that. I see people changing their pics all the time and it seems to take me FOREVER!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Calleen said:

Yes I did
    one time I wanted a dance-a-rina doll so badly (anyone remember those?) and when my Mom wrapped up our gifts I carefully untaped it and saw it was what I had wanted so badly!! I didn't feel bad that year.. BUT.. a few years later I begged and begged for a sewing machine.. I'm serious I wouldn't stop talking about it. I kept asking my Mom if that was what I was going to get.. She shut me up by saying "yes you are".. I never asked or peeked again!!!

Caleen,
    While we were

Caleen,
    While we were cleaning out the attic, we found boxes of toys, My Friend Mandy and her other little friend and all their clothes, a toy piano, a million books, glamour dolls, dolly pops, Barbies and Kens galore, and a Dancerella doll. She is a burnette, in a pink ballet outfit, has a plastic crown on her head and when you pump it she turns and spins and kicks her leg. We are keeping her for Baby Jo. I remember my daughter wanting her so much. My daughter is 34 and she got this doll somewhere around 7 or 8 I think. Is she the same as Danc-a-rina?
    Stef