Need some creative advise

jolenew
jolenew Member Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We started our team for the Relay and the theme they have chosen is Birthdays. So they want all of us to go with that theme. I have little imagination. Any ideas????

Thanks and hugs
jolene

Comments

• always
    always Member Posts: 256
    need info
    What kind of things do you need to use the theme for? Your shirts? I don't know exactly what suggestion to offer.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Need more input. That's from
    Need more input. That's from Short Circuit. :>)
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Need more input. That's from
    Need more input. That's from Short Circuit. :>)

Okay, the obvious 1st choice
    Okay, the obvious 1st choice is to do the relay naked as in birthday suit. LOL Alright that won't really work but I felt compelled to throw it out there.
    Is this the theme for the entire relay or just your team? More information would help us to help you.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    fauxma said:

Okay, the obvious 1st choice is to do the relay naked as in birthday suit. LOL Alright that won't really work but I felt compelled to throw it out there.
    Is this the theme for the entire relay or just your team? More information would help us to help you.
    Stef

I tried throwing my Birthday
    I tried throwing my Birthday Suit in the dryer to get the wrinkles out of it, but 1) The suit was way too big to fit in the machine, and 2) I realized there isn't enough steam on earth to relax the permanent creases. Sigh! At least I know better than to try and iron the old thing!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    fauxma said:

Stef

I'm LMBO from this thread! I
    I'm LMBO from this thread! I hate using initals. WKWTM? And what if you spell badly and put WNWTM? If you ask me later I'll have forgotten. So here is the answer-who knows (nows) what this means?
  • jolenew
    jolenew Member Posts: 38
    Marcia527 said:

I'm LMBO from this thread! I
    I'm LMBO from this thread! I hate using initals. WKWTM? And what if you spell badly and put WNWTM? If you ask me later I'll have forgotten. So here is the answer-who knows (nows) what this means?

CHEN AND FAUXMA ARE TOOOO FUNNY
    The theme is for the whole relay and it will be for our camp site as well. No birthday suits cuz I know I AINT SO PURDY NAKED. So any other brilliant ideas???
    Thanks for making me laugh.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    jolenew said:

The theme is for the whole relay and it will be for our camp site as well. No birthday suits cuz I know I AINT SO PURDY NAKED. So any other brilliant ideas???

You could cut cardboard
    You could cut cardboard circles the size of a cake and decorate them and instead of birthday greetings, put something like "40th Birthday - Start yearly mammograms" 50th Birthday - get your first colonscopy or sigmoidoscopy". You know, use the guidelines by age to create reminder cakes. I've seen groups use cupcakes in pink with half a cherry on top and a reminder to get a mammogram. Make a graph that covers a year and put cancer statistics on it. Wrap empty boxes with plain colored gift paper and bows and write on the bows and packages, warning signs, risk factors, research trials, whatever message you want to give out and display them. Use balloons the same way. Or write upbeat messages, progress that has been made, new treatments, etc. Hope these help. I ain't too purdy naked either but it would certainly make this one of the most unique Relays wouldn't it?
    Stef
  • Gloria09
    Gloria09 Member Posts: 190
    jolenew said:

ideas
    Stef has some awesome ideas! The only thing I could think of is decking out in pink ... with boa's or lei's around the waist, pink sunglasses and headbands. Or maybe have everyone wear pink gloves like in the "pink glove dance" video.
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Gloria09 said:

ideas
    Stef has some awesome ideas! The only thing I could think of is decking out in pink ... with boa's or lei's around the waist, pink sunglasses and headbands. Or maybe have everyone wear pink gloves like in the "pink glove dance" video.

Birthday!
    You can decorate your whole campsite like a big B-day party. Balloons,(Purple and pink of course!) pin the Tale on the Donkey etc... Then you can have a bake sale of items like B-day Cakes etc... That's a great fundraiser at the site. We do a Bake Sale every year and it's usually pretty good.Wrap up B-day Presents and decorate like that. Lots of fun! Good Luck! Would love to hear what you decide. HUGS!! Cathy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    jolenew said:

It actually does make sense
    It actually does make sense that Birthday is the theme for the Relay~ as the latest ads on TV are that the ACS is the "official sponsor of birthdays"...

So, there are hats ( I have one) that look like cakes with candles on them, so cute! Also, your tee-shirts can have your age on them~ the age you are post treatment, or even if you are still in treatment, you are in year ONE! Make your tent look like a laundromat, with a BIG sign "Birthday Suits Our Specialty", you can have boxes of detergent covered with new labels saying Cancer-Be-Gone and Long Life Suds . You can use clothes pins on your tent to hang up your "laundry list" of wishes regarding cancer. You can have 3X5 cards and colorful markers handy and anyone coming by your tent can write their cancer wish and hang it up on your clothesline too!

Hugs,
    Chen♥