Nodes grew

S3
S3 Member Posts: 28
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I started chemo in August to shrink axillary nodes. They shrunk right away. Today is my last chemo before axillary clearence and they got bigger this time in between treatments.Scarry.
Even a MRI didn't show a primary tumor, mine showed up in the armpit with swollen nodes.

Comments

• lizmair
    lizmair Member Posts: 24
    Sounds exactly like what I
    Sounds exactly like what I had - I had to remove my lymph nodes to find out where it was coming from, as no primary was found. Really odd. What type of chemo did you have. I am about to start chemo and really scared. thanks
  • S3
    S3 Member Posts: 28
    lizmair said:

Sounds exactly like what I
    Sounds exactly like what I had - I had to remove my lymph nodes to find out where it was coming from, as no primary was found. Really odd. What type of chemo did you have. I am about to start chemo and really scared. thanks

Since mine is HER2 + he put
    Since mine is HER2 + he put me on Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin. Keep in mind that the Onc wanted me to have a mastectomy, but the top breast surgeon in Pittsburgh PA recomended just the nodes, then rads. Before the full path report came back they were going to put me on AC, however the HER2+ can easlily become resistant on that.
    It's rare having no tumor, glad to heaat from you. How many nodes showed up on your scans? I have more than 15 in axillia and 4 sub pect.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    S3 said:

Since mine is HER2 + he put
    Since mine is HER2 + he put me on Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin. Keep in mind that the Onc wanted me to have a mastectomy, but the top breast surgeon in Pittsburgh PA recomended just the nodes, then rads. Before the full path report came back they were going to put me on AC, however the HER2+ can easlily become resistant on that.
    It's rare having no tumor, glad to heaat from you. How many nodes showed up on your scans? I have more than 15 in axillia and 4 sub pect.

Sorry about this S3. So, if
    Sorry about this S3. So, if you didn't have a mastectomy, then you had a lumpectomy? I guess I am confused here. Sorry. Hoping that everything works out for you.

Hugs, Diane ♥