Maintenance- Avastin

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I wonder why I'm not on a mop up chemo? I mean I did the six months of chemo, now NED but that is it, now I am reading about others being put on Avastin after their cheo. I better ask my ONC.

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Avastin
    Hi Raquel

Long term use of Avastin can lead to congestive heart failure - it's hard on the heart and my heart began skipping a beat after I was on it for awhile - it still skips a few times a day.

Don't take it unless there is good cause - I mean ask you onc for sure.

For maintenance sometimes Xeloda and Avastin are used - those are a good combination.

But I'm just saying Avastin is a good drug, but just don't take it, to take it.

Your holiday package is nearly ready to go too...hope you like what's inside the card :)

Take care - just don't want nothing bad to happen to you, so I just wanted to tell you about this.

-Craig
  • Nana b
    Sundanceh said:

Avastin
    Hi Raquel

Long term use of Avastin can lead to congestive heart failure - it's hard on the heart and my heart began skipping a beat after I was on it for awhile - it still skips a few times a day.

Don't take it unless there is good cause - I mean ask you onc for sure.

For maintenance sometimes Xeloda and Avastin are used - those are a good combination.

But I'm just saying Avastin is a good drug, but just don't take it, to take it.

Your holiday package is nearly ready to go too...hope you like what's inside the card :)

Take care - just don't want nothing bad to happen to you, so I just wanted to tell you about this.

-Craig

Thanks
    Thank you for watching over me......just don't put a picture of Buzzard in there lol, laughing so hard, I'm snorting.

Hugs!
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Nana b said:

Thanks
    Thank you for watching over me......just don't put a picture of Buzzard in there lol, laughing so hard, I'm snorting.

Hugs!

Hey Nana!
    I just sent a card to your son-in-law even telling him you said HI! so let him know if he gets a card from me, it's just me and not some crazy lady sending all these cards to soldiers, they have to be in by tomorrow said some post offices on the Iraq/Afghanastan mail news...but, the soldiers mail is gone, and now I have to work on my family here :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    I would like to think
    that your ONC knows what he/she is doing and if you needed mop up or maintenance chemo he would have had that all planned out for you. I would consider yourself one of the lucky ones (like myself) that do not have a need for it. If I remember correctly most of those that are going on Avastin after chemo are not NED, (I could be wrong so no one shoot me okay) but I think that is why the Avastin is needed. I am sure others will chime in here. Like always a quick call to your doc cant hurt and will probably ease your mind.

Take Care
    Beth
  • Nana b
    dorookie said:

I would like to think
    that your ONC knows what he/she is doing and if you needed mop up or maintenance chemo he would have had that all planned out for you. I would consider yourself one of the lucky ones (like myself) that do not have a need for it. If I remember correctly most of those that are going on Avastin after chemo are not NED, (I could be wrong so no one shoot me okay) but I think that is why the Avastin is needed. I am sure others will chime in here. Like always a quick call to your doc cant hurt and will probably ease your mind.

Take Care
    Beth

Hi
    Believe me some times it's easier to get an answer to something that I might have missed here so that I don't look like a total fool asking my questions in the ONC Office. Not that I am a fool but sometimes they throw in something that I didn't consider then I feel like I wasted their time, not like I want to waste yours. Anyway....I thought I read that they were NED but I could be wrong.

Thank you.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Nana b said:

Hi
    Believe me some times it's easier to get an answer to something that I might have missed here so that I don't look like a total fool asking my questions in the ONC Office. Not that I am a fool but sometimes they throw in something that I didn't consider then I feel like I wasted their time, not like I want to waste yours. Anyway....I thought I read that they were NED but I could be wrong.

Thank you.

and 1 more thing Mrs Golightly Queen.......LOL.....
    and what would be wrong about a picture of me ??? Do you not have a garden ? Do you not celebrate Halloween ? Their are many uses for my picture other than snorting ? Come on Nana, your gonna give me a complex.......sincerely,
    Your picture perfect garden variety Buzzard...

....and was just kidding about the Queen thing so don't get to mad at me, its close to Christmas ya know.....HOHOHO, Oh me I gotta gogogo !!!!!
  • Nana b
    Buzzard said:

and 1 more thing Mrs Golightly Queen.......LOL.....
    and what would be wrong about a picture of me ??? Do you not have a garden ? Do you not celebrate Halloween ? Their are many uses for my picture other than snorting ? Come on Nana, your gonna give me a complex.......sincerely,
    Your picture perfect garden variety Buzzard...

....and was just kidding about the Queen thing so don't get to mad at me, its close to Christmas ya know.....HOHOHO, Oh me I gotta gogogo !!!!!

Oh, put you pic back on...
    Buzzard, you know people here like your picture, they are going to blame me, put it back on. :-)