Been a while

tjhay
tjhay Member Posts: 655
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know it has been a week or two since my last post here, and well I dont really have an excuse other then all the new dx is so overwhelming, I am afraid to look some days.
To all the new people I am so sorry you ever had to find us. Please know that you can do this. Its hard and there will be day where you will wonder if it is worth it, it is worth it. You will find many people here who will virtualy hold your hand, guide your steps, and pray with all there hearts for you and yours.
To all my sisters that have had good news, wonderful, congradulations, this means my own prayers have been anwsered.
To all my sisters who are down sad scared, you are not alone. There so many of us who daily are with you in spirit, who know your pain, your saddness, and your fear. Lean on us so that we may do what was done for us.
tj

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Sweet Tj ♥

You are not alone Tj in your feelings. I, as others, feel overwhelmed with all of the newly diagnosed bc survivors that post. I wish that I could hold each of their hands and make them feel safe. But, I can't. And unfortunately, I have had to deal with so much lately with my own bc, that I haven't been on much. But, when I did come back on last week, and all of you Danced the Dance with NED dance with me, I was truly overwhelmed. You are all so special to me and loved!

What you wrote Tj about the bc sisters not being alone is so true. I pray that each and everyone of them realizes that and takes full advantage of us. Yes, USE us as much and as often as you want. We are here for you always! Open 24/7!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Jeanne D said:

Sweet Tj ♥

You are not alone Tj in your feelings. I, as others, feel overwhelmed with all of the newly diagnosed bc survivors that post. I wish that I could hold each of their hands and make them feel safe. But, I can't. And unfortunately, I have had to deal with so much lately with my own bc, that I haven't been on much. But, when I did come back on last week, and all of you Danced the Dance with NED dance with me, I was truly overwhelmed. You are all so special to me and loved!

What you wrote Tj about the bc sisters not being alone is so true. I pray that each and everyone of them realizes that and takes full advantage of us. Yes, USE us as much and as often as you want. We are here for you always! Open 24/7!

Love, Jeanne ♥

TJ
    Aw tj, we love you! You are such an inspiration and such a great friend to everyone on here! You have always been there for all of us!

Sue :)
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Hey, tj
    I was just wondering about you earlier today....You must have felt it!

I, too, feel so sad and angry over the number of newly diagnosed women who post almost every day. I've been meaning to ask here...has anyone seen statistics on how many women are diagnosed with breast cancer per day in this country? That's a number I'd really like to get the word out about.

Traci
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Hey, tj
    I was just wondering about you earlier today....You must have felt it!

I, too, feel so sad and angry over the number of newly diagnosed women who post almost every day. I've been meaning to ask here...has anyone seen statistics on how many women are diagnosed with breast cancer per day in this country? That's a number I'd really like to get the word out about.

Traci

ditto
    I, too, marvel at the number of newly dx-ed women we hear from. And this is a small percentage of the total. Makes we wonder if every other woman I see at the grocery store has had her boobs poked, drilled, cut, burned or out-right amputated!!!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    crselby said:

ditto
    I, too, marvel at the number of newly dx-ed women we hear from. And this is a small percentage of the total. Makes we wonder if every other woman I see at the grocery store has had her boobs poked, drilled, cut, burned or out-right amputated!!!

Closed
    Sometimes when I log on, there are so many new ones that it just makes me sad. I wish sometime I would log on and it would say CLOSED, due to Cure for bc!
  • tjhay
    DianeBC said:

Closed
    Sometimes when I log on, there are so many new ones that it just makes me sad. I wish sometime I would log on and it would say CLOSED, due to Cure for bc!

Diane
    Diane that would be a dream come true, could you just imagine we would be lighting up the internet searching for each other to organize a big old party
    tj
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    tj...........
    It was because I became so overwhelmed that I HAD to stay away, not just a couple of weeks, but for months. Well, you know.
    While I felt badly that I wasn't here to offer what help and encouragement that I could, I just couldn't bring myself to even simply come & read posts. I guess if there is such a thing as CSN burnout, I suffered from it.

Now however, it seems as though I have recharged my batteries and made peace with a lot of issues. I can once again let the word "cancer" be a part of my vocabulary and my mind. And I hope that I can help again in some small way.

I love everything that you have said and second all of your heartfelt wishes for those who come here. You are a true treasure, dear friend...

CR
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    CR1954 said:

tj...........
    It was because I became so overwhelmed that I HAD to stay away, not just a couple of weeks, but for months. Well, you know.
    While I felt badly that I wasn't here to offer what help and encouragement that I could, I just couldn't bring myself to even simply come & read posts. I guess if there is such a thing as CSN burnout, I suffered from it.

Now however, it seems as though I have recharged my batteries and made peace with a lot of issues. I can once again let the word "cancer" be a part of my vocabulary and my mind. And I hope that I can help again in some small way.

I love everything that you have said and second all of your heartfelt wishes for those who come here. You are a true treasure, dear friend...

CR

Snap!
    I was just the same , Sometimes I'd come in to so many new names I just didn't feel able to contribute, overwhelmed. CR that's right CSN burnout. Tantrum, we all luv ya!
    Hugs Jxxxx
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I am saddened by the number
    I am saddened by the number of "newly" diagnosed bc patients that come on this board. As someone else said, it's just a small number of those diagnosed. And, to think that they want to change the requirements for screening. That's just WRONG!! The good thing is that this site is available and filled with very supportive, caring, knowledgeable, and most importantly loving women/men. It's been a godsend to me at times and I'm very thankful for all of you!
  • tjhay
    MyTurnNow said:

I am saddened by the number
    I am saddened by the number of "newly" diagnosed bc patients that come on this board. As someone else said, it's just a small number of those diagnosed. And, to think that they want to change the requirements for screening. That's just WRONG!! The good thing is that this site is available and filled with very supportive, caring, knowledgeable, and most importantly loving women/men. It's been a godsend to me at times and I'm very thankful for all of you!

Thank you all for
    Thank you all for understanding, it is so hard at times distress at so many new dxs aside so that you can be helpful. Just as I am sure that our new sisters find it distressful even to have to join our ever expanding club. I can not tell you how many times i tune in here see all the i am new heres and just close it all out cause I just can't. I am working hard now to get past point. So if i am a bit speratic please understand.
    tj
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    tjhay said:

Thank you all for
    Thank you all for understanding, it is so hard at times distress at so many new dxs aside so that you can be helpful. Just as I am sure that our new sisters find it distressful even to have to join our ever expanding club. I can not tell you how many times i tune in here see all the i am new heres and just close it all out cause I just can't. I am working hard now to get past point. So if i am a bit speratic please understand.
    tj

The same
    Tj, as you can see, a lot of us who have been here for awhile feel that way. There is nothing to apologize for. It just happens. Sometimes it is fine as we don't have a lot of new survivors posting, and then, all of a sudden, there are so many new ones like now, and, it just hurts. It hurts to see so many new women fighting bc. I am so thankful that this site was open for me to come to and to post when I was "new". It helped me so much that I only hope that somewhere along the way, I helped someone, even if just one person a little. Burnout is real. Just having bc will wear us down. So Tj, we do understand as we are the same.

KYLEZ ♥