Reconstruction Surgery With Implants Thursday… any advise?

NYGMom
NYGMom Member Posts: 34
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I will be having my implants put in on Thursday… finally getting these awful tissue expanders out after one year of treatment. Do you ladies have any helpful tips or advise that will make this as easy as possible? Also, how long is the recovery? I had a bilateral mastectomy and it was weeks before I could do much of anything. Will it be the same? Please say NO!!

Comments

• jikaras
    jikaras Member Posts: 58
    Yippee!!!
    No, it will be different.

It'll still take some time to start to feel (the new) 'normal', but the heaviness will be gone from the expanders.

I took a week vacation when I had my implants put in, and really didn't need it. I started feeling better the next day.....you'll probably still have to wear the corset bra (if you wore one); I find that I'm still wearing mine at night, just because it offers me a peace of mind....

Have fun with the new girls!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    jikaras said:

Yippee!!!

It'll still take some time to start to feel (the new) 'normal', but the heaviness will be gone from the expanders.

I took a week vacation when I had my implants put in, and really didn't need it. I started feeling better the next day.....you'll probably still have to wear the corset bra (if you wore one); I find that I'm still wearing mine at night, just because it offers me a peace of mind....

I had a lumpectomy, but, I
    I had a lumpectomy, but, I just wanted to wish you good luck!

Lex♥
  • NYGMom
    jikaras said:

Yippee!!!

Yippee for sure!!! I am
    Yippee for sure!!! I am looking forward to the new normal!
  • NYGMom
    Alexis F said:

I had a lumpectomy, but, I
    I had a lumpectomy, but, I just wanted to wish you good luck!

Lex♥

Thank you Lex!

Thank you Lex!
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    NYGMom said:

Yippee for sure!!! I am
    Yippee for sure!!! I am looking forward to the new normal!

Wishing you a good night's
    Wishing you a good night's rest tonight and a bright, hope-filled morning. We're holding you in a warm embrace tomorrow and looking forward to hearing your good news! Blessings.
  • limegreen
    limegreen Member Posts: 6
    Hi NYGMom, I am just
    Hi NYGMom, I am just beginning my journey and cannot offer any advice. But I wish you all the very best!!
  • geochick
    geochick Member Posts: 18 Member
    limegreen said:

Hi NYGMom, I am just
    Hi NYGMom, I am just beginning my journey and cannot offer any advice. But I wish you all the very best!!

I have the same question.
    I have the same question. My tissue expanders are full and the second surgery is coming. Wondering about limitations following surgery. NYG, let me know how you're doing. I would like to hear some good news.
  • jikaras
    jikaras Member Posts: 58
    geochick said:

I have the same question.
    I have the same question. My tissue expanders are full and the second surgery is coming. Wondering about limitations following surgery. NYG, let me know how you're doing. I would like to hear some good news.

implants
    the surgery is NOTHING like the previous surgery. You will be able to go home about an hour after the implants are put in. You won't have any restrictions.....

it is really a breeze, after the previous surgery!

Jill