Back from Doctor

Options
Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi All: Went to the doctor this morning and he wasn't really at all concerned with the amount of blood that I am having. He said that I am going so frequently and this has probably caused some bleeding from the lining inside the rectal area. I feel so much better. He said first of all I need to control the frequency so I'm to take metamucil 1 tablespoon a day and if I wanted to go someplace where I didn't want these "bouts" to come on I could take pepto bismol or immodium.

He did give me a internal exam and said everything felt fine. Nurse said, "Kim is afraid of getting another tumor." Doctor said "no, no, no, we did a flex scope on you last month and another one two weeks ago when you had surgery. Believe me, cancer doesn't grow that fast and you don't have another tumor." Guess I am over scared and over analyze everything.

I'm feeling so much more relieved. He still said I'm doing really well and looked good. I can now do a sitz bath which should alleviate some of the rectal pain and burn.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Kim

Comments

• just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Good to hear
    Good to hear that everything is a okay!!!

Brooks
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

Good to hear
    Good to hear that everything is a okay!!!

Brooks

Hooray!!!
    That's wonderful news Kim, now the trick is to control it, and I wish you all the luck in the world with it! Keep patient, this will definitely take time, and I have you in my prayers!

Hugsss!!
    ~Donna
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Good news
    I am happy to hear that there is nothing serious going on. Now to just get the frequency under control and you'll be feeling better. Hang in there - it will keep getting better with time.
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Options
    oh i'm so glad
    for all that good news and that relief is on the way. I also used slippery elm powder and clay powder as per my naturopath for frequency. The slippery elm soothes the colon lining.

Leslie
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    Kim,
    Hooray for you! Happy

Kim,
    Hooray for you! Happy to hear it is nothing serious and you will be able to retrain your body, just wait and see. I did it, you can do it!
    Kathy
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Good for you,Kim,nothing is
    Good for you,Kim,nothing is more valuable than the peace in your mind.Take care.
  • AceSFO
    AceSFO Member Posts: 229
    Options
    Phew!
    Hey Kim,

I'm so glad to hear it all went well! I've been thinking about you a lot the last few days and keeping you in my prayers.

Take care,
    Adrian
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    good news for you Kim
    Nice to know your doctor had good news over your concerns in earlier posting....Steve
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    coloCan said:

good news for you Kim
    Nice to know your doctor had good news over your concerns in earlier posting....Steve

Hey Kim
    Glad to hear all is ok. I had a severe problem with the poops. I was going about 15 times a day too. They started giving me a shot once a month call Sandostatin. Wow! It did the trick. I rarely go more than twice a day now. You take care and I will keep you in my prayers.

Jennie
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    glad to hear it
    Kim,

I'm glad to hear your news. I've been praying for you.
    You take care!

Lisa
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    I am very glad to hear your
    I am very glad to hear your good news; you must be relieved!
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options
    AnneCan said:

I am very glad to hear your
    I am very glad to hear your good news; you must be relieved!

Great News!
    Great News!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    khl8 said:

Kim,
    Hooray for you! Happy

Kim,
    Hooray for you! Happy to hear it is nothing serious and you will be able to retrain your body, just wait and see. I did it, you can do it!
    Kathy

Yes that is what doctor is saying. He said it's been so long, it needs to remember what to do and now that I don't have a rectum but a j-pouch this pouch needs to stretch to be able to hold more - I didn't know that. I'm glad you were able to retrain yours as well.

Kim
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim
    Hi Kim,

Get in that bath and get some relief my friend. I'm glad the doc said not to worry. I hope and pray that you can get comfortable soon.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options

Hi Kim
    Hi Kim,

Get in that bath and get some relief my friend. I'm glad the doc said not to worry. I hope and pray that you can get comfortable soon.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

ahhh Kim
    that is such good news. Not one soul here who does not understand the worry. I did cea's today....worry worry worry

you get in that tubbie girl

best hugs

mags
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    :)
    (((KIM)))

Very good news!

Thank you for our talks last night - you would not believe the difference you made last night and how you made me feel - beautiful timing and beautiful words, from a beautiful woman, with a beautiful soul and spirit.

Did I mention "beautiful?"

Those bowels just hate being messed with, don't they?

Love ya, Kim
    -Craig
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

(((KIM)))

Very good news!

Thank you for our talks last night - you would not believe the difference you made last night and how you made me feel - beautiful timing and beautiful words, from a beautiful woman, with a beautiful soul and spirit.

Love ya, Kim
    -Craig

yah!
    I am so glad you got good news. Get in the tub, light some candles and listen to some soft music and relax. You have made it this far...just a little longer!

Linda
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

(((KIM)))

Very good news!

Love ya, Kim
    -Craig

funny
    I didn't notice the word beautiful :):)
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Good news
    Well, that's great! I'm glad the doctor was so positive!

*hugs*
    Gail