Made me Laugh

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
You know how people never know what to say to you when they see you ? Well I went to a jeweler that I hadnt seen since diagnosis to get my mom a present he was helping me and finally said " Well it looks like you have been going through some crap" I laughed so hard and it sums it up so well, no platitudes, no discomfort just a statement of the obvious truth I loved it!!!!

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    LOL
    I love it too!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    That's Great!
    I wish more people would react that way instead of saying something stupid!

Sandy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    How brilliant!!! That was
    How brilliant!!! That was the perfect thing to say...I love him! And of course you for sharing it with us!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Too Funny!
    Now there is a man who gets right to the point, no sugar coating there! LOL He is fabulous, gotta love the honesty and concern those few words expressed. Thanks for sharing this with us, it made me chuckle as well

RE
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    RE said:

Too Funny!
    Now there is a man who gets right to the point, no sugar coating there! LOL He is fabulous, gotta love the honesty and concern those few words expressed. Thanks for sharing this with us, it made me chuckle as well

RE

Thanks for posting this for
    Thanks for posting this for us. I love it and it made me smile!

Debby
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi carkris
    Guess he hit the nail on the head,Hey???

Have a nice day
    Linda T
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    SOOOOOOO much better than.....
    I'm sorry....with the eyore face....

Hugs, Kathi
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi carkris
    Guess he hit the nail on the head,Hey???

Have a nice day
    Linda T

Thanks carkris for the
    Thanks carkris for the laugh!
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213

Thanks carkris for the
    Thanks carkris for the laugh!

Funny
    Thx for the laugh!

The response that I got from my mailman when I asked him how he was doing and he said "Obviously better than you are!"

I saw my family this past weekend. It was the first time I'd seen my family since my dx. My Brother said that I looked like cr*p and I should get some sleep as it might make me feel better. I don't think that he has a clue what the past 7 months have been about.... No sugar-coating from him either.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    BunnyJane said:

Funny
    Thx for the laugh!

The response that I got from my mailman when I asked him how he was doing and he said "Obviously better than you are!"

I saw my family this past weekend. It was the first time I'd seen my family since my dx. My Brother said that I looked like cr*p and I should get some sleep as it might make me feel better. I don't think that he has a clue what the past 7 months have been about.... No sugar-coating from him either.

I'm not sure I would like
    I'm not sure I would like someone to tell me I looked like crap, although I have lost alot of weight, and I needed to. I lost it really quick from being sick, and my cheeks are pink from the steroids, so people tell me how good I look. I dont want their sympathy, just hope they dont think I've been lying when to sick to take their phone calls etc... LOL what did you say to the mailman?