Been MIA

Options
grandma2selena
grandma2selena Member Posts: 199
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,

Yes, I have been MIA! I have not forgotten any of you here, you have all remained in my thoughts and prayers.

I guess I have been enjoying being NED and getting on with life as to say. We are in full blown homeschooling now on this end and having a blast with it.

I am learning daily to deal with the side affects left from the treatments, but each day gets better.

Tomorrow will be one year to the day that I started my treatments, so the past few months have seemed a little bit of a rollercoaster as I reflect back to when I was first diagnosed and to now when I am NED.

Anyway I am around and will try to catch up as I can to the posts.

Hugs
Debbie

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    I Missed You!
    There you are young lady! I was wondering about you! I PM'd you the christmas card list, and wondered where you were, and if you got it, if you haven't I will send it to you again :)

I'm just so glad to hear you're doing well, and glad you're NED, I haven't forgotten you either, and glad to know always life goes on, but love when people do come back to check in :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • grandma2selena
    Options
    Shayenne said:

I Missed You!
    There you are young lady! I was wondering about you! I PM'd you the christmas card list, and wondered where you were, and if you got it, if you haven't I will send it to you again :)

I'm just so glad to hear you're doing well, and glad you're NED, I haven't forgotten you either, and glad to know always life goes on, but love when people do come back to check in :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Christmas Card List
    Yes, I got the Christmas Card List when you first sent it out. I had all intentions of letting you know that I got it. Don't know what happened, I didn't do it did I. Sorry!

I will try to stay around more now, I guess I just really needed to really learn to enjoy being NED, yes, I mean learn how to. I needed to take myself off the roller coaster that I found myself on worrying and wondering so much about the cancer's return. My new Onc have been a great help and support for calming my fears! He doesn't dismiss any of my side affects and is very supportive in helping me to deal with them as well.

Hugs
    Debbie
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

Christmas Card List
    Yes, I got the Christmas Card List when you first sent it out. I had all intentions of letting you know that I got it. Don't know what happened, I didn't do it did I. Sorry!

I will try to stay around more now, I guess I just really needed to really learn to enjoy being NED, yes, I mean learn how to. I needed to take myself off the roller coaster that I found myself on worrying and wondering so much about the cancer's return. My new Onc have been a great help and support for calming my fears! He doesn't dismiss any of my side affects and is very supportive in helping me to deal with them as well.

Hugs
    Debbie

Oh No.....
    Don't ever be sorry for living your life, it's wonderful, I know it's an emotional roller coaster, and sooo glad you got the list, and that's ok for not responding hun, I'm happy for you and happy to see you! I do worry about people when you don't hear from them as well, and it's always just good to see them again! I'm glad you got a good onc, I have a good one too, but think maybe it's time she get alittle more aggressive, I don't think she wants to see me in alot of pain and all, and just wants me to be "comfortable" but I don't know, it could be my liver is to bad to do anything with, but it's bad, and who knows when it will get well enough to work on, but we're working on it! I know it's hard to talk cancer all the time, it's good that you don't I think, I think cancer will always be in the back of our minds, but I don't mind talking about it, I just like being with my other family as well :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • grandma2selena
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Oh No.....
    Don't ever be sorry for living your life, it's wonderful, I know it's an emotional roller coaster, and sooo glad you got the list, and that's ok for not responding hun, I'm happy for you and happy to see you! I do worry about people when you don't hear from them as well, and it's always just good to see them again! I'm glad you got a good onc, I have a good one too, but think maybe it's time she get alittle more aggressive, I don't think she wants to see me in alot of pain and all, and just wants me to be "comfortable" but I don't know, it could be my liver is to bad to do anything with, but it's bad, and who knows when it will get well enough to work on, but we're working on it! I know it's hard to talk cancer all the time, it's good that you don't I think, I think cancer will always be in the back of our minds, but I don't mind talking about it, I just like being with my other family as well :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Talking about Cancer
    I agree with you, we should not be afraid to talk about cancer. We have to be the advocates to teach others, after all we are the ones who truly know what it is. I am always willing to talk about my experience, fears, and triumphs. But at the same time I think we do need a break from it just for our own peace of mind.

It's hard when we just want to continue on with our battle and feel that nothing is moving forward. I know it is especially difficult when the cancer gets in the liver, but at the same time the liver is the only organ that can truly heal itself. I am glad your Onc doesn't want you in pain though, there are too many out there that won't give us the meds we need for our pain, I guess out of fear of addiction. I have always said if one is in as much pain as we go through with cancer, what is the worse of two evils, the pain or possible addiction. Chances of addiction are slim when we are using the pain meds as prescribed, though yes it does happen, but that is something that we can deal with later. There is so much more to addiction then some of the Drs out there really understand.

Yes, no matter what we do cancer is always going to be in the back of our minds. With every follow up, there is always that question and fear that they are going to say it is back. I suppose we just have rely on the strength that has gotten us to where we are at and know that the fight goes on.

Hugs
    Debbie