I Need the Power of Prayer!

2»

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Akiss4me said:

Saying prayers for you....
    Hopefully you will find comfort in all of our words, but I don't think there is anything any of us could say to take your nervousness away. It goes with the territory. Just know that you were lead to the right people to take care of you and tell them you are very anxious so they do not delay in giving you a seditive! It will help. We will be here waiting to hear from you when you are feeling up to posting. Pammy

Prayers
    Prayers are with you.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • lizmair
    lizmair Member Posts: 24
    I will keep you in my
    I will keep you in my prayers but you will be fine. I just had lymph removal and it was much easier than I thought.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    LC815 said:

You have my prayers, Cathy.
    You have my prayers, Cathy. I'm sure you'll wake up fine. As my doctor says about surgery, your biggest risk is driving to the hospital!!
    Peace.
    Linda

Sending you prayers!

Sending you prayers!
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    lizmair said:

I will keep you in my
    I will keep you in my prayers but you will be fine. I just had lymph removal and it was much easier than I thought.

Thinking about Cathy this morning . . .
    Hopefully we'll hear from Cathy within the next couple of days with good news!

Sandy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Faith in your surgeon is
    Faith in your surgeon is indeed imperative, but encouagement and cyber hugs from the Kindred Spirits is, well Priceless!!! We love you, sister, and await all of your good recovery news!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    chenheart said:

Faith in your surgeon is
    Faith in your surgeon is indeed imperative, but encouagement and cyber hugs from the Kindred Spirits is, well Priceless!!! We love you, sister, and await all of your good recovery news!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Good luck!
    Sending you prayers too!

Kristin ♥
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Sending you prayers and
    Sending you prayers and positive thoughts this morning. Take good care of yourself. Marilyn
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

Sending you prayers and
    Sending you prayers and positive thoughts this morning. Take good care of yourself. Marilyn

Cathy, our thoughts and
    Cathy, our thoughts and prayers are with you this morning. Let us know how you're doing.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Cathy, sending positive
    Cathy, sending positive vibes your way. You're probably in surgery or hopefully successfully done as I write this. Let us know how you're doing when you can. Sending a gentle hug your way!!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I'm there with you, Cathy
    I didn't see your message until I got to work this morning, and you may already be in surgery, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I had my lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy on October 12th, and probably the worst part was when I first woke up and felt sick to my stomach. I had very little pain and was back to work 2 weeks after surgery.

I'm praying that your outcome will be as good as mine was, but either way you know we're all here for you!!

Cindy
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165

I'm there with you, Cathy
    I didn't see your message until I got to work this morning, and you may already be in surgery, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I had my lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy on October 12th, and probably the worst part was when I first woke up and felt sick to my stomach. I had very little pain and was back to work 2 weeks after surgery.

I'm praying that your outcome will be as good as mine was, but either way you know we're all here for you!!

Cindy

My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with you; I hope that you have a speedy and uncomplicated surgery.
    Deb
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Deb1969 said:

My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with you; I hope that you have a speedy and uncomplicated surgery.
    Deb

Keeping you
    in my thoughts and prayers today - let us know how you are when you can. We are all here for you! much love,
    Jenny
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192

Keeping you
    in my thoughts and prayers today - let us know how you are when you can. We are all here for you! much love,
    Jenny

Thank You All
    so much for your thoughts, prayers & well wishes! It worked! I had this strange sense of "calm" on the way to the hospital up until surgery. Got through all the poking & prodding pretty well except for the last two injections into my breast.(Was pretty disappointed that they couldn't use my port)Surgery went quicker than anticipated, my surgeon was amazed by how much the 2 doses of Chemo worked its wonder! Tumor was much smaller, but he did have to take alot of surrounding tissue. From what I can see,it doesn't look too bad where I am glued back together. Took the Sentinal Node and it was CLEAR! Yeah! That is the only source of my pain right now. Miss Lori Tab is helping me through that though! Should be starting Rads & Herceptin in about 2 weeks. Next Thursday I check in with the surgeon and I'm hoping he will have the Pathology report by then. This is all great news right?! Then why am I feeling numb? Why am I not happy and relieved by this?! Everyone around me is so happy for me and they feel relieved so shouldn't I of all people feel the same? I have pondered over the thought of when are we a survivor-and it seems to be in stages. Like chapters in a book. Surviving the news of Cancer,surviving the tests and waiting game,surviving the Chemo,the surgery,the radiation,
    Herceptin,or others that have to take pills for years. I wanted to consider myself one once this beast was removed from my body. Yet I just don't have that feeling yet! I only feel 1/2 way there. Is this normal?
    Well, I need to get back to resting. Thanks again to all of you and it truly means the world to me having you all there to turn to during this challenging time of my life!
    Prayers & Hugz,
    ♥ Cathy
  • SherryAF
    SherryAF Member Posts: 31
    Cat64 said:

Thank You All
    so much for your thoughts, prayers & well wishes! It worked! I had this strange sense of "calm" on the way to the hospital up until surgery. Got through all the poking & prodding pretty well except for the last two injections into my breast.(Was pretty disappointed that they couldn't use my port)Surgery went quicker than anticipated, my surgeon was amazed by how much the 2 doses of Chemo worked its wonder! Tumor was much smaller, but he did have to take alot of surrounding tissue. From what I can see,it doesn't look too bad where I am glued back together. Took the Sentinal Node and it was CLEAR! Yeah! That is the only source of my pain right now. Miss Lori Tab is helping me through that though! Should be starting Rads & Herceptin in about 2 weeks. Next Thursday I check in with the surgeon and I'm hoping he will have the Pathology report by then. This is all great news right?! Then why am I feeling numb? Why am I not happy and relieved by this?! Everyone around me is so happy for me and they feel relieved so shouldn't I of all people feel the same? I have pondered over the thought of when are we a survivor-and it seems to be in stages. Like chapters in a book. Surviving the news of Cancer,surviving the tests and waiting game,surviving the Chemo,the surgery,the radiation,
    Herceptin,or others that have to take pills for years. I wanted to consider myself one once this beast was removed from my body. Yet I just don't have that feeling yet! I only feel 1/2 way there. Is this normal?
    Well, I need to get back to resting. Thanks again to all of you and it truly means the world to me having you all there to turn to during this challenging time of my life!
    Prayers & Hugz,
    ♥ Cathy

Cathy, I'm so glad your
    Cathy, I'm so glad your surgery is over. I had a lumpectomy/sentinel node biopsy 13 days ago, and I'm feeling much better the last couple of days. The only thing is that they didn't get clear margins, so I have to more surgery. But my other incisions are already healing, and the only problem I am having is still being tired from the general anesthesia (I always have problems with tiredness for weeks and weeks after general anesthesi).

I will be praying for you. I know it truly helps.

I think one reason you're not feeling great is that you are still tired and you still have drugs in your system. Hopefully, tomorrow you will be feeling better.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Cat64 said:

Thank You All
    Prayers & Hugz,
    ♥ Cathy

There are "surviving"
    There are "surviving" chapters in this book ...what a great way to put it. Some people have said that Pakistan as a country is just an idea....for me "survivor" is just an idea, not something I identify as me. I'm still just me, with my idiosyncracies, on life's rollercoaster. And I finished treatment a year ago! People voice the most amazing things about me that I don't recognize one bit. So I think it's best to just stay centered in yourself and do the best you can. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Cat64 said:

Thank You All
    Prayers & Hugz,
    ♥ Cathy

Cathy,
    You still have much

Cathy,
    You still have much ahead of you and your mind is traveling there. You can't help it, it's normal to kind of tuck this away and then ponder and think about what lies ahead. Your family and friends are more able to focus on the good news so far. It doesn't mean you aren't grateful for that this is now behind you just that you know that your journey isn't over yet. So rest, and rebuild your strength and we will be here for each step of the journey. You will have lots of time for celebrating, you are just not ready right now. Is totally okay and normal. Prayers from me for the rest of this journey and we will help you face each challenge.
    Stef