Goodbye hair party

lovelylola
lovelylola Member Posts: 279
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, finally had to say goodbye to the hair tonight. Told my grandkids that we were having a "goodbye to Nana's hair party" and they loved it. My son did the honors but had some fun with it during the process. First he made a very sparse mohawk, spiked and all, which my grandson wanted me to keep. Then buzzed it all off. Feels a bit weird but I'm glad it's done as it was really coming out. Check out the pictures on my expressions page. I haven't decided if I'm wearing a scarf, cap or wig to work tomorrow. Lola

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Love the photos. We chemo
    Love the photos. We chemo gals are quite a group with our bald heads. Thanks for posting. Your granchildren are beautiful.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Lola, you look beautiful and
    Lola, you look beautiful and your screen name is appropriate....Lovelylola. I am jealous though because I didn't get the cool mohawk when I shaved mine. Do you think it was because I was a BIG cry baby and just sobbed through the entire process. LOL!!
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    MyTurnNow said:

Lola, you look beautiful and your screen name is appropriate....Lovelylola. I am jealous though because I didn't get the cool mohawk when I shaved mine. Do you think it was because I was a BIG cry baby and just sobbed through the entire process. LOL!!

Thank you for your comments
    I'm a bit prejudice but do believe that I have beautiful grandkids. I've decided the pic I called Bald lady with big eyes kinda looks like a deer caught in the headlights. That's kinda how I felt. Despite my brave front with the kids, I was crying a bit on the inside. The hair cut finally made everything real--as if the chemo wasn't LOL.
    I'm glad I didn't have it done with my hairdresser. The kids fun with the process (both my grandkids and my son's)really helped and I think helped them normalize (as much as that is possible) things for them. Lola
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Thank you for your comments
    I'm a bit prejudice but do believe that I have beautiful grandkids. I've decided the pic I called Bald lady with big eyes kinda looks like a deer caught in the headlights. That's kinda how I felt. Despite my brave front with the kids, I was crying a bit on the inside. The hair cut finally made everything real--as if the chemo wasn't LOL.
    I'm glad I didn't have it done with my hairdresser. The kids fun with the process (both my grandkids and my son's)really helped and I think helped them normalize (as much as that is possible) things for them. Lola

Lola, you are a true brave
    Lola, you are a true brave warrier! You are beautiful!

♥ Noel
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Noel said:

♥ Noel

Lola
    The pictures of you are

Lola
    The pictures of you are beautiful. I think that including the grandkids was a great idea. It does not it not so scary and they saw the process and will be less likely to equate it with you being "sick". I met a lady who let her grandkids draw on her head. They used costume makeup or washable markers and would draw designs and pictures. She said she often went without a wig, hat or scarf if it wasn't cold out. When I met her she had a big peace sign on her head. She said her biggest worry would be that they would be sad when her hair grew back. No more grandma drawing board. No matter what you wear to work you will be just lovely Lola. Couldn't resist.
    Stef
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Lola
    The hard part is over. I loved your pictures. It takes some getting used to being without hair. I felt like everyone was staring at me when I first went to work with my wig. But now I'm ok with it. Take care.
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    laurissa said:

Hi Lola
    The hard part is over. I loved your pictures. It takes some getting used to being without hair. I felt like everyone was staring at me when I first went to work with my wig. But now I'm ok with it. Take care.

way to go I will be about 2
    way to go I will be about 2 weeks behind you!!!

Lisa
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Lisa

Lola
    Wonderful that you involved your son and grandkids. You are a beautiful woman.
    When I shaved my head I did it at work with my friends and family and my son Jake who was 5 at the time got a buzz cut in support. It was his idea to get a buzz cut and the kids at his school couldn't wait to see him sporting his new doo.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Lola
    Wonderful that you involved your son and grandkids. You are a beautiful woman.
    When I shaved my head I did it at work with my friends and family and my son Jake who was 5 at the time got a buzz cut in support. It was his idea to get a buzz cut and the kids at his school couldn't wait to see him sporting his new doo.

Hugs,
    Margo

I saw your pic you looked
    I saw your pic you looked awesome!!!!! ready for the fight ahead!!!!!
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Me, too!
    Lola -

You look good with your new do!

We did the same thing last night! I haven't put any pictures up - but I first started running my fingers through my hair - and clumps were coming out. So we got out the clippers - and my 9-year old daughter said "give her a mohawk" - so that's what my friend did! Then we buzzed the rest and took a razor to it. I'll put a picture up soon!

I bought a wig - but I don't like how it feels - so I figure I'll be sending it back and wearing scarves, hats and stuff!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Lori
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Me, too!
    Lola -

You look good with your new do!

We did the same thing last night! I haven't put any pictures up - but I first started running my fingers through my hair - and clumps were coming out. So we got out the clippers - and my 9-year old daughter said "give her a mohawk" - so that's what my friend did! Then we buzzed the rest and took a razor to it. I'll put a picture up soon!

I bought a wig - but I don't like how it feels - so I figure I'll be sending it back and wearing scarves, hats and stuff!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Lori

You look great Lola!
    You look great Lola! I really liked your pictures of it. You are very brave!

Hugs, Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    jnl said:

You look great Lola!
    You look great Lola! I really liked your pictures of it. You are very brave!

Hugs, Leeza

I love your pics Lola! You
    I love your pics Lola! You look marvelous!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Lisa

You look beautiful Lola! I
    You look beautiful Lola! I loved your pictures!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

I love the pictures too Lola
    I love the pictures too Lola and you do look great!

Debby
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Noel said:

♥ Noel

Your pictures are great
    Your pictures are great Lola!

Big Hugs to you!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

I love your pictures and
    I love your pictures and like everyone said, you look beautiful!