still having bone and muscle pain

Ksstizme
Ksstizme Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my last chemo on 10 Nov and my last neulasta shot the next day. I am still having bone and muscle pain. Is this normal? I was walking on my treadmill 3 times a day for 10 minutes before the last chemo. Now I can't walk for 5 without mu knees and legs hurting so much I have to stop. Should I call my oncologist or is this just a normal progresstion of treatment? I start rads in another week.

Comments

• redundant echo
    redundant echo Member Posts: 9
    Bone pain
    I finished chemo June, 2008, but had to continue herceptin drips for another year (July, 2009) & continued to have bone pain. I bought a cane at a thrift shop & used that for getting out of the chair & walking. I still have bone pain, but not sure what drugs caused it. Although its not as severe as when I was on therapy, its still there but I use my cane rarely these days. My biggest problem with pain is in my feet. Terrible toe & arch cramps when I am lying down. I bought some toe stretchers, which seem to help a bit. I have a feeling this is one of those on-going side effects along with lack of energy that we need to learn to adapt to.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Bone pain
    I finished chemo June, 2008, but had to continue herceptin drips for another year (July, 2009) & continued to have bone pain. I bought a cane at a thrift shop & used that for getting out of the chair & walking. I still have bone pain, but not sure what drugs caused it. Although its not as severe as when I was on therapy, its still there but I use my cane rarely these days. My biggest problem with pain is in my feet. Terrible toe & arch cramps when I am lying down. I bought some toe stretchers, which seem to help a bit. I have a feeling this is one of those on-going side effects along with lack of energy that we need to learn to adapt to.

yes it is normal
    you need at least 3 weeks for recovery after last Chemo. The Minimum you will feel better is next week.
    Chemo has cumulative effect, the last one usually the worst.
    I wish you feel better soon
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

yes it is normal
    you need at least 3 weeks for recovery after last Chemo. The Minimum you will feel better is next week.
    Chemo has cumulative effect, the last one usually the worst.
    I wish you feel better soon

I hope you feel better soon.
    I hope you feel better soon. But, always call your oncologist if you feel you need to. Maybe he can give you something to help with the pain.