After 8 weeks of chemo how am i going to feel?

Options
Elle1
Elle1 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i am 40 and i have 4 sessions of a/c chemo and 4 of taxol and end feb.26th. I go on vaca March 13th, am i going to feel ok after all that? Or will it take a month to be better??? Just wondering because i have 3 children, 12,9, and 4 and am looking fwd to it before radiation begins and am curious how i may feel. Thanks in advance for all of your replys.
fondly,
Elle

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Elle
    Hi, Nice to meet you, sorry that you have to be here. I was 46 when I had my FEC and Taxotare (The Canadian equivalent of a/c taxol) I coped great for the AC stuff...The Tax however gave me slight problems with muscle and bone pain.........The first was the worst..Then it got much better, If I had been at work through all this mind-altering torture i would maybe have missed 4 days after the first Taxol treatment............
    My worst side effects were lack of taste.............and peripheral neuropathy..Yes, I still clomp about like a drunk. 2 years later..........Also chemo brain.........I can't do numbers at all.(Yes, I could before)
    Don't get disheartened, get prepared...I didn't know anything of this and I thought I was going mad.............you are not

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Elle, I think you will be
    Elle, I think you will be the best judge on how you will feel. I am on chemo. Have six rounds and have completed four. The first round of chemo was the toughest. The latter were not as difficult. I try and walk whenever to help with the recovery period. It's not only good for the body, but for the mind and soul.

I wish you well with your treatment plan. I think it's great that you will have a break before starting with radiation. I think mine will follow shortly after I am done with chemo. I like your plans much better.

Take care.

Fondly,
    BL
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Elle, I think you will be
    Elle, I think you will be the best judge on how you will feel. I am on chemo. Have six rounds and have completed four. The first round of chemo was the toughest. The latter were not as difficult. I try and walk whenever to help with the recovery period. It's not only good for the body, but for the mind and soul.

I wish you well with your treatment plan. I think it's great that you will have a break before starting with radiation. I think mine will follow shortly after I am done with chemo. I like your plans much better.

Take care.

Fondly,
    BL

Hi Elle. I have no idea how
    Hi Elle. I have no idea how you will feel, as, I think everyone reacts differently. They do have so many medications now to take with chemo to help you with some of the side effects. I wish you the best of luck!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    You should be ok. They say
    You should be ok. They say it takes the same amount of tomr for your body to bounce back as it did for your treatments. But I felt ok at that time. Go, and enjoy!!! You deserve it:)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

You should be ok. They say
    You should be ok. They say it takes the same amount of tomr for your body to bounce back as it did for your treatments. But I felt ok at that time. Go, and enjoy!!! You deserve it:)

Hi Elle! Just welcoming you
    Hi Elle! Just welcoming you to the site and wishing you good luck!

Debby
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    HI Elle
    I am 52 and had 4 sessions of a/c and 4 sessions of taxol and herceptin and went on a long weekend from Wisconsin to Florida for the Packer/Bucs game...which I might add they LOST!!! I actually felt fine to go. I still needed my 9 to 10 hours of sleep per night and I dont have young kids, but I was working almost full time before I left too. You should do ok. Go, plan, and enjoy yourself. You will definitely need the break.

Hugs
    Linda T
  • redundant echo
    redundant echo Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Fatigue
    I found fatigue the hardest thing to overcome after chemo. I am still tired, which some survivors say will probably not go away. Of course, part is from getting older too. I had/have the symptoms that tasha has, but the constant tiredness was always the worst for me.
    Just go on your vacation & enjoy yourself & don't overdo it.