Childhood - Pineoblastoma Tumor (PNET)

Alisahia
Alisahia Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
Good Evening,

My name is Alisahia and my 9yr old son was diagnosed with Brain Cancer July of this year. The name of his cancer is Pineoblastoma which is also called (PNET). He has been through 6 weeks of radition and is now going through a 4 week period of no treatments until December of this year. This past Sunday was the first time he broke down and cried. I thought he was in pain. So, I asked him what was wrong and he said mama I don't want anymore treatments. Of course that crushed my heart into many pieces. Through his 6 weeks of radiation he was quite, laid around alot, couldn't keep food down. He didn't laugh or play anymore. It was like living with a totally different child. Is there anyone out there that is dealing with this type of cancer? I would like to know more about it so that I can help my child cope with it.

Thanks,

Alisahia

Comments

• tommybear
    tommybear Member Posts: 111 Member
    I can't believe that noone
    I can't believe that noone has replied to your message. I do not have the type of tumor or brain cancer that you described, but I was thinking of you and thought I would drop a note to let you know that. It sounds like you have a strong little boy and I wish you the best.
  • Czab
    Czab Member Posts: 6
    Not the same, but very similar.
    Hi Alisahia, my name is Chris. I'm 15 and was diagnosed with a Mixed Germ-Cell(Mature Terratoma & Germinoma) tumor in the Pineal gland of my brain this summer. I know it's not exactly the same as a Pineoblastoma but it's very similar. I had 11 hour surgery to remove the whole tumor and had 3 months of chemotherapy and now under going my 3 week radiation treatments.(half way done) I can relate to your son abit, he is quite a strong kid going through all these scary treatments at such a young age. I myself have my bad days with my emotions and tend to break down sometimes. It's a very stressful time. Right now i'm going through radiation therapy everyday for 3 weeks and it seems like he has some side effects that i'm also experiencing. I'm very tired all the time and have a bit of stomach effects. From my experiences i don't really like to be emotional around my parents but since your son is alittle younger he might come around more. Try to comfort him and tell him this is just a phase in your life that will make you stronger and your not any different then your other friends. I know this is a stressful time for you also, i hope everything goes well with the rest of his treatments and further experience. I hoped i helped abit and hope to talk to you soon.

Take care,
    Chris