New Femara Question

Options
sausageroll
sausageroll Member Posts: 415
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have read all your comments about Femara(Femera) in the past, but the side effects are not quite as I expected.

I have been on it for about 5 months. No side effects..no weight gain,no hot flashes, no mood changes etc. Then all of a sudden a few days ago my bones and joints started to give problems. They don't just hurt, but they ache all day and all night. I also have problems getting up from the toilet or chair and have lost power in my fingers. I just did not expect it to be so exstensive. If these are the side effects of Femera, then I am not complaining...just wondered if it might be something else. Did anyone experience this sudden change?

Thanks all!

Comments

• m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Femara side effects
    I've been taking Femara about 3 months, with some side effects, which include hot flashes and lately a gradual increase of some stiffness especially when I first stand up after sitting for a while. No bone pain, weight gain or mood swings, although I was told these could occur. I'm wondering if the SE increase as time goes by, or reach a certain place and level off? Probably as with everything else, they vary with each individual? So far there's nothing I cannot tolerate.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

Femara side effects
    I've been taking Femara about 3 months, with some side effects, which include hot flashes and lately a gradual increase of some stiffness especially when I first stand up after sitting for a while. No bone pain, weight gain or mood swings, although I was told these could occur. I'm wondering if the SE increase as time goes by, or reach a certain place and level off? Probably as with everything else, they vary with each individual? So far there's nothing I cannot tolerate.

Been on Femara for 2 months.
    Been on Femara for 2 months. Started having night sweats and also having more stiffness and pain. I also have fibromyalgia so I never know if its that. My onc said that I would need to have checkups for bone loss ever so often. I have osteopenia already. She told me to take multi vitamins and extra calcium plus D. I think I can handle these side effects.
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Been on Femara for 2 months.
    Been on Femara for 2 months. Started having night sweats and also having more stiffness and pain. I also have fibromyalgia so I never know if its that. My onc said that I would need to have checkups for bone loss ever so often. I have osteopenia already. She told me to take multi vitamins and extra calcium plus D. I think I can handle these side effects.

Femara and bone loss
    When my onc prescribed femara for me, he said it could weaken my bones, so he also started me having monthly Zometa treatments to keep my bones strong. The Zometa can also cause bone and joint pain and stiffness, so I really cannot say with certainty which of the meds is causing my side effects. Maybe a combination of both.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    I have not been on femara,
    I have not been on femara, but, I just wanted to say that I hope you can find something to help you with the pain. Be sure and talk to your oncologist about this. Good luck!

Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I am so sorry for the pain
    I am so sorry for the pain you are having. I hope that your oncologist can give you something else to help you with it. It is so awful that we have these horrible side effects with medicines that we are told we must take to keep the beast away.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣