Just Finished Second Chemo

Options
BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Finished my second Chemo about 130pm today. Doing okay right now. I was a litle nauseated and took a Compazine. They gave me Benadryl and I am really tired from that. I am drinking, drinking and drinking, Gatorade and water. Getting my Nuelasta shot on Friday due to the Holiday.

Hope I do better with this Chemo. At least I am better prepared.

Onc mentioned yesterday that if I continue to have the problem with "D" that he may stop the Chemo and just continue with Herceptin and Arimedix. I would get Rads later.

Carkris are you doing better today??????

Donna

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Donna, I hope this one is
    Donna, I hope this one is more gentle on you. Best of luck and hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Even if you can't enjoy the food, enjoy the fellowship!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Donna, I hope this one is
    Donna, I hope this one is more gentle on you. Best of luck and hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Even if you can't enjoy the food, enjoy the fellowship!

thanks for thinking of me,
    thanks for thinking of me, yesterday was not great, but I have gotten some ideas to make it better and will persist. I am hoping now that you have an idea you can be proactive and start immodium etc... and ward off the big D. Congrats on getting another one done!!!!!! awesome!!!!Oh yeah i found taking a smll dose of ativan helped with the nausea and had the least amt of side effects, besides making me a little sleepy, zofran made me constipated which led to the fissure, so if you have that problem at all be careful. compazine works well too but for me it make me hyper so i couldnt take it. Hope this one is much better!!!!!!
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Options
    Congratulations! I'll be
    Congratulations! I'll be praying that this one goes better for you! I go in for #2 tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. I had the port put in on Monday - so we'll see how that goes!

Happy Thanksgiving - and hugs to you!

Lori
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options

Congratulations! I'll be
    Congratulations! I'll be praying that this one goes better for you! I go in for #2 tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. I had the port put in on Monday - so we'll see how that goes!

Happy Thanksgiving - and hugs to you!

Lori

To this week's chemo warriors
    Wish I was on track with you this week, but our small clinic isn't open tomorrow so now will be a week off - go in a week from today. Donna - I hope things to go better for you this time around. Lori - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, I pray the port works well. Carkis - being prepared is the key. I had major constipation last time and now know that I don't eat bananas and cheese the week after chemo. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving, enjoy the fellowship of family and friends, eat what you can. Lola
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Wishing you luck Donna! I
    Wishing you luck Donna! I hope they get easier for you!
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options

Wishing you luck Donna! I
    Wishing you luck Donna! I hope they get easier for you!

constipation STINKS!
    Literally! I have to agree with the bananas and oatmeal. Plus I did find something else that really helped when all else failed. I used those glycerin suppositories. It only took one and then wait about 10 minutes and TA DA!!! I've only had to do it a few times, but it sure was easier than any thing else I tried. The meds gave me pain.
    I had my 3rd Taxol (weekly for 12 weeks) and finished the A/c, so I'm still in the middle of this thing....
    God bless,
    L
  • mizcaldwell
    Options

To this week's chemo warriors
    Wish I was on track with you this week, but our small clinic isn't open tomorrow so now will be a week off - go in a week from today. Donna - I hope things to go better for you this time around. Lori - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, I pray the port works well. Carkis - being prepared is the key. I had major constipation last time and now know that I don't eat bananas and cheese the week after chemo. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving, enjoy the fellowship of family and friends, eat what you can. Lola

Me too - that constipation
    Me too - that constipation was the worst part! I'm going to be much more careful about what I eat and how long things go on. I've been telling all the first timers - be proactive about the constipation! (Such a topic - huh?).

Lola - I wish you were with us, too! But thanks for the prayers - and know that mine are going out to you, too! And to all!

Lori
  • mizcaldwell
    Options
    Mama G said:

constipation STINKS!
    Literally! I have to agree with the bananas and oatmeal. Plus I did find something else that really helped when all else failed. I used those glycerin suppositories. It only took one and then wait about 10 minutes and TA DA!!! I've only had to do it a few times, but it sure was easier than any thing else I tried. The meds gave me pain.
    I had my 3rd Taxol (weekly for 12 weeks) and finished the A/c, so I'm still in the middle of this thing....
    God bless,
    L

I've never tried the
    I've never tried the suppositories - but if this time is like last time, I'll be getting them! :)

Thanks for the tip!

Lori
  • BlownAway60
    Options
    Thanks For All The Great Posts
    Got my Nuelasta shot today so am feeling a little tired and achey.

No"D" so far after Chemo. Trying to keep hydrated and ahead of all the bad stuff.

Again thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. Hope tomorrow is an even better day.

Donna
  • BlownAway60
    Options
    Dry Skin
    Oh yeah I have noticed my skin is getting really dry. Have any of you noticed this as a side effect of Chemo?

Donna
  • carkris
    Options

Dry Skin
    Oh yeah I have noticed my skin is getting really dry. Have any of you noticed this as a side effect of Chemo?

Donna

mAMA WE ARE ONE CHEMO APART.
    mAMA WE ARE ONE CHEMO APART. yes Donna my neck face very dry very itchy like sandpaper use alot of moisterizer. hands somewhat but not as much. had 4 out of 12 taxol treatment today.spacey.
  • BlownAway60
    Options
    carkris said:

mAMA WE ARE ONE CHEMO APART.
    mAMA WE ARE ONE CHEMO APART. yes Donna my neck face very dry very itchy like sandpaper use alot of moisterizer. hands somewhat but not as much. had 4 out of 12 taxol treatment today.spacey.

Taxotere makes me spacey too.
    Taxotere makes me spacey too. Hoping it is a better day for you.

Donna
  • carkris
    Options

Taxotere makes me spacey too.
    Taxotere makes me spacey too. Hoping it is a better day for you.

Donna

TG not so great but enjoying
    TG not so great but enjoying my daughter home from school. the next couple of days will tell. One day at a time. The big D staying away?????