It was a happy Thanksgiving

fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just wanted to share that I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was just Den, Denise, Kyle, his mom, his stepdad and the 2 grandchildren, but the dinner was delicious (my son in law can cook), the pies that Denise made were scumptcious and the company was wonderful. We laughed and played and watched Baby Jo dancing for us and JJ. Both those kids have a great sense of rhythm. And we all played musical instruments (some toy ones some real) and just had a great old time. It was nice to see Kyle's folks. They are nice people. They are going to go out and buy the kid's a great big Christmas tree today (they have always just had this little hallmark tree) and I am bringing all my ornaments down. Denise is going to go through them and take any and all she wants. And my decorations also. This is just what I needed. Now I know that they will be loved and cherished and used. I said before that Christmas has been a hard time for me for many years and this is just what the doctor ordered. My ornaments will be passed on to her family. Maybe that is what also bothered me about Christmas after my mom died. My sister who lived with mom kept all the ornaments and decorations. I asked her for 2 little elf ornaments that I had given mom (one when I was a child and the other as an adult) and she said they were in storage and she would get them to me. I asked a few more times and then decided that it was giving her too much power. And I realized that I had many ornaments on my tree that mom had bought me so that's okay. ANd Mom is in my heart and that is more than okay. Between the kids getting this tree amd Chen's kindness to me when I was down, I am renewed and feeling the Christmas spirit like the old me. I never cared about the presents but there is something about the tree. It is so full of happy memories and takes me back to happy places and makes me think of the future. I just loved that part of Christmas. Seeing it all decorated and beautiful.
I hope everyone had as beautiful a Thanksgiving as I did. Well, off to storage for the boxes and back down to the kids. Over the bridges and through the cities to Denise's house we go.
Stef

Comments

• sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    A Good Thanksgiving
    I'm glad it was a good Thanksgiving for you Stef. Also good to get soemthing like the ornaments resolved..makes you fell more calm if it has been bothering you and it will be good to see them on the tree.

We too had a great Thanksgiving...with the grandchildren entertaining us and making us laugh. Thanksgiving has often been a difficult holiday...but this one worked out well.

Hope the trip to Denise's house went well. Take care Pat
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Glad your Thanksgiving was
    Glad your Thanksgiving was good. Ours was happy too. It was just us and the boys. No grandkids and they are both single. We ate pie for lunch because the turkey wasn't ready and didn't bother keeping everything clean because it was just us.

Today I got out the Christmas stuff and playing Christmas music. It's the simple things...we don't exchange gifts anymore. If we had grandkids that would be different.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Marcia527 said:

Glad your Thanksgiving was
    Glad your Thanksgiving was good. Ours was happy too. It was just us and the boys. No grandkids and they are both single. We ate pie for lunch because the turkey wasn't ready and didn't bother keeping everything clean because it was just us.

Today I got out the Christmas stuff and playing Christmas music. It's the simple things...we don't exchange gifts anymore. If we had grandkids that would be different.

Awesome Thanksgiving!!! We
    Awesome Thanksgiving!!! We had an early dinner here with our kids and grandson, then headed to my sister it spend it with her kids, grandchildren, aunt, uncle and cousins. Ate too much food and laughed alot. Only downfall, 19 year daughter got drunk...sigh