Finished chemo

cajun54
cajun54 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just finished with my chemo treatments. How long should I expect to keep my port in? I meet with the the dr next week to find out where I go from here. Suggestions on questions I need to ask him? Thanks.

Comments

• Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Congrats
    Im still in middle of treatment..have no advice but Im happy for you! way to go...
  • cajun54
    Sam726 said:

Congrats
    Im still in middle of treatment..have no advice but Im happy for you! way to go...

Hang in there. Half way
    Hang in there. Half way through.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Hi cajun
    It depends on your doctor. My first onc would have let me have my port out soon after the last chemo. I had to change doctors because I changed insurances. The doctor I have now made me wait 2 yrs to have it out. He said that the chance of reoccurance was highest in the first two years.

Congrats on finishing chemo
    Jadie<3
  • cajun54
    Jadie said:

Hi cajun
    It depends on your doctor. My first onc would have let me have my port out soon after the last chemo. I had to change doctors because I changed insurances. The doctor I have now made me wait 2 yrs to have it out. He said that the chance of reoccurance was highest in the first two years.

Congrats on finishing chemo
    Jadie<3</p>

Thanks Jadie for the info.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    cajun54 said:

Congrats cajun!

Congrats cajun!
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi cajun
    I am so happy that you finished your chemo. Isnt that a great accomplishment???
    Im not sure I would rush into removing your port. It can stay in for a long time if they flush it and they still may want labs drawn off and on. Guess its up to you andyour doc.

Congrats again

Hugs
    Linda T
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi cajun
    I am so happy that you finished your chemo. Isnt that a great accomplishment???
    Im not sure I would rush into removing your port. It can stay in for a long time if they flush it and they still may want labs drawn off and on. Guess its up to you andyour doc.

Congrats again

Hugs
    Linda T

dont have a port
    dont have a port congratulations big time on finishing!!!!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    carkris said:

dont have a port
    dont have a port congratulations big time on finishing!!!!!

Congrats on finishing chemo.
    Congrats on finishing chemo. That is awesome.
    Stef
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    fauxma said:

Congrats on finishing chemo.
    Congrats on finishing chemo. That is awesome.
    Stef

I didn't have chemo, but, a
    I didn't have chemo, but, a big congrats on finishing!

Debby
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Congratulations!!! I am so
    Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you that you have finished this huge piece of treatment. Now on to other things... I am right behind you and cannot wait. Way to go!!!! Pitt
  • Lymph23
    Lymph23 Member Posts: 23
    Congrats
    Congratulations on finishing your chemo. So pleased for you. Can't answer about the port I didn't have one when I had my chemo. Once again congrats. Best wishes
    Lesley