post op update

mberg
mberg Member Posts: 62
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my bilateral mastectomy on Friday, with all lymph nodes removed on the rt and a sentinel biopsy on the left.My pain level was awful, but tolerable with the meds. I am still taking pain meds. My awesome husband is emptying my 4 drains and putting my bacitracin on my stitches for me, which is so incredible to me! I received my pathology results on tues night from my surgeon. There was NO cancer left after my chemo!!!!!!She was shocked as she has only seen this in 3 other patients who had chemo before surgery to shrink giant (one was over 5 cm and 2 smaller ones) tumors before surgery. She cried, I cried, my sisters,mother and aunt cried. It was all worth it! I feel like I can do this now, I am still having pain, but I can do it!You all have been lifesavers for me and I can't say enough to thank you!!!!HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!monica

Comments

• LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    That's FANTASTIC!
    Wow, Monica--that's fantastic news! What a relief it must have been to hear the cancer is gone!

Truly a gift to be thankful for this Thanksgiving--have a joyful one even if you can't do much!

Sandy
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908

That's FANTASTIC!
    Wow, Monica--that's fantastic news! What a relief it must have been to hear the cancer is gone!

Truly a gift to be thankful for this Thanksgiving--have a joyful one even if you can't do much!

Sandy

GREAT NEWS!
    Great News Monica! Now you can concentrate on resting and getting well! Have an amazing Thanksgiving! HUGS!! Cathy
  • DianaLou
    DianaLou Member Posts: 30
    cruf said:

GREAT NEWS!
    Great News Monica! Now you can concentrate on resting and getting well! Have an amazing Thanksgiving! HUGS!! Cathy

Wonderful!!!!
    Thats great news, Monica. Have a great day, happy Thanksgiving.
    Diana
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    That is great Monica! I am
    That is great Monica! I am so happy for you!
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Monica
    What great news!!! With news like that you can do anything!!!

My husband took showers with me everyday for 4 wks when i had my drains in. Arent guys just awesome sometimes???

I have a huge smile on my face for you.

Hugs
    Linda t
  • pupfoster1
    pupfoster1 Member Posts: 4
    Wow!
    Monica,
    Hi, I'm new to this site but am thrilled to hear your news! I had a bilateral (left side prophylactic) mastectomy November 9 with 13 of 15 lymph nodes positive on the right side---Stage III. Your hubby sounds awesome and I have been lucky to have one as well. He drained all 3 of mine up till the very end, and actually pulled the last 2 out himself. I cried after not out of pain but for having to put him through all this **** (sorry bout my potty mouth, is that allowed here?). I had a 6.5 cm tumor in the right side, but I guess "lucky" for me I had DDD breasts before and it hadn't gotten into the chest wall. But the lymph thing sucks. Means I've got a lot of "seeds" floating around in me (the onco compared it to grass seeds in dormancy) so gotta go hard on the chemo in about 2 weeks. How far into this journey are you? Best wishes on continued success!
    Love,
    Sharon
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Wow!
    Monica,
    Hi, I'm new to this site but am thrilled to hear your news! I had a bilateral (left side prophylactic) mastectomy November 9 with 13 of 15 lymph nodes positive on the right side---Stage III. Your hubby sounds awesome and I have been lucky to have one as well. He drained all 3 of mine up till the very end, and actually pulled the last 2 out himself. I cried after not out of pain but for having to put him through all this **** (sorry bout my potty mouth, is that allowed here?). I had a 6.5 cm tumor in the right side, but I guess "lucky" for me I had DDD breasts before and it hadn't gotten into the chest wall. But the lymph thing sucks. Means I've got a lot of "seeds" floating around in me (the onco compared it to grass seeds in dormancy) so gotta go hard on the chemo in about 2 weeks. How far into this journey are you? Best wishes on continued success!
    Love,
    Sharon

That is just awesome means
    That is just awesome means the chemo works on your cancer sorry about the pain hope it gets better soon!!!!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Monica
    That is just the best

Monica
    That is just the best possible news. I am so happy for you. I feel like crying too, tears of joy. And yes, the pain will fade. Take good care of yourself, rest, recouperate and again I am so glad that there was no sign of cancer.
    Stef
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Monica
    What great news!!! With news like that you can do anything!!!

My husband took showers with me everyday for 4 wks when i had my drains in. Arent guys just awesome sometimes???

I have a huge smile on my face for you.

Hugs
    Linda t

Great news! WTG!

Great news! WTG!