Mom's port out today- 1 year and 2 days since original surgery

fighting for mom
fighting for mom Member Posts: 96
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
What a year it has been! 1 year and 5 days since diagnosis and 1 year and 2 days since colon resection. It was a good 'closure' with the port being removed today. I don't know that anyone ever feels total closure- but it is one more step away from the big C.

We have so much to be thankful for this year- that her battle for right now is over- she got the all clear, that the side effects of the chemo are dissipating, that they have another grandbaby on the way- I found out I am having a girl on Feb 4th, and that we have a God who is so good!

I just want to wish everyone a Blessed Thanksgiving and thank you for all the words of encouragment along the way. You guys were there to answer my questions, be supportive, and be wonderful advocates! I so appreciate all of you.

Thanks,
Susan

Comments

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    a relief
    i bet she will feel relief after the soreness goes away,i know i did and i didnt have mine that long.my scar itches a lot and i still have some pain when i lay on that side to long,mine was put in march09 and out sept09.and it does feel like you are one step closer at beating this beast.Godbless...johnnybegood
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

a relief
    i bet she will feel relief after the soreness goes away,i know i did and i didnt have mine that long.my scar itches a lot and i still have some pain when i lay on that side to long,mine was put in march09 and out sept09.and it does feel like you are one step closer at beating this beast.Godbless...johnnybegood

Susan.........
    God Bless you and your Mom for having such a wonderful relationship and especially you for the caregiver that you have been, it is certainly a monumental task to take on and you did superbly in your role...You mom has certainly got to be very proud of you. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and be sure to spend a little time after the turkey bash to really thank God for the things you still have..........Have some awesome holidays.....Buzzard
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    So glad
    Susan,

I'm so glad for you and your mom. I do hope and pray she continues to be very healthy for a long time.

Congratulations on the baby! Make sure you keep us posted on baby news.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    I am so
    very happy for you and your family, what a thanksgiving it will be for you all. Please tell your mom that I said WAY TO GO MOM and give her a big I KICK CANCERS BUTT HUG for me! Its been a year since the 18th NOV 2008 that I had the cancer removed (mets to lung) so we are on the same timeline. Please enjoy your turkey day and many more that will come!

God Bless
    Beth
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Susan
    Congrats on the baby!

And congats to Mom as well. I am waiting for my doctor to tell me I can have my port out. It's starting to bother me for the first time. I am done with cancer, done with surgeries, etc., so it can now go!

Enjoy your new life... Vicki