scared

elizarose
elizarose Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I've been having pain, bloating, burping and constipation for a while now. Today I had an ultrasound of my liver, gall bladder, spleen and right kidney. I think it's my gall bladder but I'm scared to death it's liver mets or some other cancer. I am waiting for them to call and give me the results and am a nervous wreck.
Just needed to share.

:-(

Comments

• mollyhannah
    mollyhannah Member Posts: 10
    Being Scared is hard
    You hang in there, waiting for news is so hard. you get sick of the run around Dr.s give you. This is a good place to find some friends who know.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I think from the day that we
    I think from the day that we hear those 3 frightening words "you have cancer", we continue to think the worst whenever we have an unusual symptom. I know this is easy for me to say, but please don't worry and make yourself sick over it. I always say, don't begin the worrying until such time as you have something to worry about. We're here for you every step of the way. Keep us posted. Hugs coming your way!!
  • mollyhannah
    mollyhannah Member Posts: 10
    MyTurnNow said:

I think from the day that we
    I think from the day that we hear those 3 frightening words "you have cancer", we continue to think the worst whenever we have an unusual symptom. I know this is easy for me to say, but please don't worry and make yourself sick over it. I always say, don't begin the worrying until such time as you have something to worry about. We're here for you every step of the way. Keep us posted. Hugs coming your way!!

worry
    that is sooooo true. but i think knowing from my experience how much I am worrying, it hasn't helped me at all. just made me upset and dragged me down. I am asking God to give me faith and trust.
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Consider yourself
    Consider yourself cyber-hugged. The unknown is the worst part. Our imagination can run wild waiting. Do what you can to get the constipation fixed - you need to be expelling toxins, not holding them in! And it will help with the other problems to get the system moving again. You're in my prayers.

Lori
  • Gloria09
    Gloria09 Member Posts: 190
    scared
    I hate the waiting too! I didn't know what to do until I came up with this idea ... I went to the store and bought myself some bubble bath, turned on some music, lit a few candles and soaked in the tub for an hour. It's a short term fix but one that worked for me.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    My sister had the same symptoms.
    My sister had the same symptoms and it was her gall bladder. They removed it orthoscopically and she is fine. I hope your results are the same. Happy Thanksgiving.

Roseann
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Hi elizarose
    My 24 yr old daughter had the exact same symptoms. It was her gall bladder and she had it removed in August. She is feeling much better now. Just thought I would share. Hope things turn out good for you.

Jadie
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Jadie said:

Hi elizarose
    My 24 yr old daughter had the exact same symptoms. It was her gall bladder and she had it removed in August. She is feeling much better now. Just thought I would share. Hope things turn out good for you.

Jadie

try to remember sometimes
    try to remember sometimes our symptoms can be "normal" problems. hope you get the results quick, HUGS!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Beautiful elizarose, Just
    Beautiful elizarose, Just posting to let you know I am praying and hoping that you will be just fine. xooxoxoxo Lynn
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Hang in there!
    I know how difficult it is waiting for news! My brain wouldn't stop spinning around and around and around . . .

Years ago I had the same symptoms, and it was my gallbladder causing all the problems. Yet I already recognize how having received one diagnosis of cancer leads one to think that everything wrong may be cancer. I'm doing it, too--with things I've had problems with for years that I've always written off as "that's just the way my body is . . ."

As the others suggested, I keep telling myself not to label everything as cancer, as we're definitely still going to have perfectly "normal" (i.e., noncancerous) issues.

But it's hard--hang in there, and know that we definitely understand!

Sandy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    (((((((((hugs)))))))We know
    (((((((((hugs)))))))We know you are scared, sweetie, and waiting doesn't make it any easier.
    Just know we are with you, and wait with you for the results. All positive thoughts to you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥