New to this site

pupfoster1
pupfoster1 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello all,
I'm Sharon, 47 and have Stage III bc, bilateral mastectomy on November 9 with 13 out of 15 lymph nodes positive. I go for a CAT and bone scan tomorrow and then see the medical onco on Wed. Of course this whole thing has me freaked out, especially the high lymph involvement. Anyone out there know much about ladies with my make up? I'm prog/estr highly positive and her2 negative, so I know those are good things. But I am so scared. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.
Good luck to all of you on your journeys.
Sharon

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I did not have your exact
    I did not have your exact diagnosis, but I want to welcome you with a cyber-hug to the most amazing group of women you will ever hope to meet. If you scroll down the the post NEWBIES READ THIS by Meena~ I think it will be of special encouragment and help to you!

Other Kindred Sisters will no doubt weigh in~ you will not be walking this path alone, I promise.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

I did not have your exact
    I did not have your exact diagnosis, but I want to welcome you with a cyber-hug to the most amazing group of women you will ever hope to meet. If you scroll down the the post NEWBIES READ THIS by Meena~ I think it will be of special encouragment and help to you!

Other Kindred Sisters will no doubt weigh in~ you will not be walking this path alone, I promise.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

My diagnosis was not the
    My diagnosis was not the same, but I also want to welcome you. You will find lots of sisters who will be here for you and many with similar diagnoses. We will help you every step of the way. We will hopefully cheer you when you are down, make you laugh, answer your questions, and help you prepare for what lies ahead. We are warriors and we welcome you to our tribe.
    Stef
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Welcome Sharon
    Hi Sharon, and welcome to the site you never wanted to join, but will be glad it's here. I'm 37 with stage IIIC BC (triple negative). I'm currently undergoing chemo and will have a bilateral, both ovaries and all lymph nodes in Feb. 2010. This hurdle that has been placed on our path is a big one to jump over, but with the grace of God and all these ladies on here, WE WILL get through this. There are so many emotions that come and go with this disease and thank God for ACS Pink Ladies who share their experience, strength and hope!! Come here often and keep your chin up, YOU WILL get through this and many will be by your side. Hugs and prayers!
    ~Kari
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Same prognosis
    Hi, Sharon. I have the same prognosis and not all that much ahead of you. I am ER/PR positive and HER2 negative with 4 out of 21 lymph nodes positive. I had my mastectomy on Aug. 27 and am now on chemo. I'm on TAC so when you are given your 'cocktail', we can compare notes. I was very lucky and found this site very soon after my diagnosis. You can come on here and ask any question and you will get an overwhelming response from very brave & strong women who have either fought the battle or are in the middle of their journey. I could spend hours here simply reading posts (if I had the time) as there is an abundance of information. Believe me I know it's a very scary time right now for you, but it really is very doable and you will be amazed at how you can get through it. I've only had 2 treatments out of 6, but I was paralyzed at the thought of doing even just one. Chemo has come a long way and it's not at all what it used to be. There are so many medications that help you overcome the side effects.

Keep coming here! You will be ever so grateful you found this site!

Hugs ~ Mar
  • pupfoster1
    pupfoster1 Member Posts: 4
    Thank You!/Off for scans today.
    Thank you so much ladies,
    This is the 2nd online group for BC I joined and the warmth and acceptance is so appreciated. AND what I like about this group is that most of you have a pic posted with your posts, so I can connect on a more personal level with you!
    So, today I am having both a CAT and bone scan and then tomorrow my first medical oncologist appointment. Friday I should have my uterine biopsy results---grrr this is so much. Does it ever "level out"?????
    Love,
    Sharon
  • Lymph23
    Lymph23 Member Posts: 23
    Hi Sharon
    I also was a stage3 bc sufferer. I had 23 out of 26 lymph nodes positive. Went through chemo and radio therapy. I know it is scary, but please try to be positive. There are plenty of ladies here to give advice. It is possible I am 6yrs down the line.
    Best wishes to you.

Lesley
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Just wanted to welcome you,
    Just wanted to welcome you, Sharon. I don't have the same dx as you but have been through chemo and I am currently receiving radiation treatments. You've come to the right place for support, knowledge and caring. We'll help you every step of the way! Keep us posted on your results.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I was diagnosed in 2003 as a
    I was diagnosed in 2003 as a stage 3a. I had tumors of 6cm and 3cm and another smaller one. I had to have chemo (4 cycles of A/C) before surgery to shrink the tumors. I ended up also having 2 out of 15 nodes involved but since I had chemo first the surgeon said he couldn't tell how many were involved before. Then had 4 more cycles of Taxotere and 6 weeks of radiation. Hang in there. Hugs.
  • brenda247
    brenda247 Member Posts: 124
    sorry
    so sorry to hear about your bc. but this is a great site and you at the right place for answers. i got on here when i first was dignosed with bc stage 2 her 2 positive invasive and aggressive.. i had my left breast removed and 3 limpnodes and no trace.. i took chemo for 6 rounds and had good days and bad.. these people here helped me on my way and i appreciate them so much!!
    i was scared too believe me and i always will be but it does get better so hang in there and i wish you the best!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!!!

Im 44 and my mom had it a year and half before me..
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Hi Sharon, welcome to the
    Hi Sharon, welcome to the site, and I am sorry that you have to go through this. I have read of many women that had several positive nodes and have been in remission for many years and are doing great. Try and stay strong and positive and you will win this fight. I wish you the best of luck in your journry. Remember, we are here for you. Eil
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Eil4186 said:

Hi Sharon, welcome to the
    Hi Sharon, welcome to the site, and I am sorry that you have to go through this. I have read of many women that had several positive nodes and have been in remission for many years and are doing great. Try and stay strong and positive and you will win this fight. I wish you the best of luck in your journry. Remember, we are here for you. Eil

Welcome!
    My dx was a little different than yours but I did have surgery and chemo. This is such an amazing place - lots of wonderful infomation and tons of warm, loving gentle souls to share with you and be here for you, whenever you need them. Take care and try to stay as positive as you can - let others take care of you. I'll keep you in my prayers!
    much love,
    Jenny
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Welcome Sharon
    Hi Sharon, and welcome to the site you never wanted to join, but will be glad it's here. I'm 37 with stage IIIC BC (triple negative). I'm currently undergoing chemo and will have a bilateral, both ovaries and all lymph nodes in Feb. 2010. This hurdle that has been placed on our path is a big one to jump over, but with the grace of God and all these ladies on here, WE WILL get through this. There are so many emotions that come and go with this disease and thank God for ACS Pink Ladies who share their experience, strength and hope!! Come here often and keep your chin up, YOU WILL get through this and many will be by your side. Hugs and prayers!
    ~Kari

Hey Kari
    You sound like such an amazingly positive woman! God bless you!
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    HI Sharon
    Just wanted to say and welcome you to the site. This is the most difficult time that you will go thru in my opinion. So many tests and so many unanswered questions, but soon you will know what the plan is and you will forge ahead and it will get easier.

Hang in there
    Linda T
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    mlmjt1 said:

HI Sharon
    Just wanted to say and welcome you to the site. This is the most difficult time that you will go thru in my opinion. So many tests and so many unanswered questions, but soon you will know what the plan is and you will forge ahead and it will get easier.

Hang in there
    Linda T

welcome
    welcome xoox
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Just want to say hi Sharon
    Just want to say hi Sharon and to welcome you to the site!

HUGS!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Just want to say hi Sharon
    Just want to say hi Sharon and to welcome you to the site!

HUGS!

Sharon
    Sharon,
    Welcome to our group of awesome ladies and men(man) who are going through, have gone or are caregivers of someone.

Questions will be answered.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Sharon
    Sharon,
    Welcome to our group of awesome ladies and men(man) who are going through, have gone or are caregivers of someone.

Questions will be answered.

Hugs,
    Margo

Welcome
    I want to welcome you also Sharon to the site! You will find lots of support here from all of us!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • marywest
    marywest Member Posts: 132
    fauxma said:

My diagnosis was not the
    My diagnosis was not the same, but I also want to welcome you. You will find lots of sisters who will be here for you and many with similar diagnoses. We will help you every step of the way. We will hopefully cheer you when you are down, make you laugh, answer your questions, and help you prepare for what lies ahead. We are warriors and we welcome you to our tribe.
    Stef

Welcome
    This site for me was like finding cold water for a thirsty soul.